Where Are They Now

Yeah, the big reveal wasn’t really much of a reveal. Probably would’ve made sense to have Miller in as boss with Smith still around to consult. Miller did well with the players there that he obviously knew, but when it came to getting in new blood it fell apart for him.

Would argue against that. Didn't miller sign Richardson, shearer, paatelainen who were all pretty integral into how we played that first two seasons.

• Upvote 1

Would argue against that. Didn't miller sign Richardson, shearer, paatelainen who were all pretty integral into how we played that first two seasons.

Yeah, but the main experienced players that left weren’t replaced with similar quality, admittedly difficult to find another Bett, McLeish, Mason, Connor, Grant etc. It just appeared at the time that he tried to make the team younger but it didn’t quite work out,with losing too much quality experience. For some reason I also always remembered that Miller signed Winnie, not Smith (think we went over this on another thread with Miller and Aitken signings)

Edit: by that changes, I mean in his last season

That era was some side.

Ok we had the likes of Winnie,Craig Robertson and Paul Kane who were probably Smiths poorest recruits.

He also signed Ian Cameron and Andy Gibson two players i thought would be excellent Cameron was too injury prone.

Thought Kane was alright?

Can't remember Gibson at all but seem to recall Cameron scored a class goal v celtic. Is it fair to say he was a bit like Scott Wright and just never seemed physical enough?

Kane gets a load of stick and sure he wasn't the world's greatest player but he did a decent enough job for us in the time he was with us. And lets face it....he would walk into the current side, never mind those of the Paterson, Miller (A), Magoo and GWT eras

I quite liked Kane as well . Cameron was a very skilful player and done ok for us . At the time I even thought the likes of Winnie and Woodthorpe were underrated.

Assume you are on the pisstake here?

Kane and Cameron maybe got more stick than they deserved.

Woody and Winnie were fucking horrendous.

Assume you are on the pisstake here?

Kane and Cameron maybe got more stick than they deserved.

Woody and Winnie were fucking horrendous.

Yeah, always felt nervous with Winnie playing and Woodthorpe was shite. Cost a fair bit of money as well. Think the problem is after Robertson nobody seemed decent.

The attacking players at Smith and Miller's disposal

Gillhaus.

Nicholas

Jess

Booth

Paatelainen

Shearer

Van der ark

Mason

Cameron

I dont think i can remember a stronger set of attackking players.

Jess and Booth, who knows what they could have achieved without injuries. Outstanding.

Probably rose tinted specs. I don't remember either of them being that bad. Winnie had an unusual look about him and Woodthoorpe just didn't seem to fit in, but I thought they were solid enough without being spectacular . 

Just looked it up and Woody played til he was 40 ! Manager of Fylde these days.

They just weren’t as good as the players they replaced and took a lot of stick for that.