Us Masters 2012

So it’s Augusta National week this week. Who’s your tips for the green jacket this time around?

Woods & Mcilroy are the obvious choice, both are playing well and have to be in with a shout. Mickelson is never too far away, and then there’s the English trio of Westwood, Donald & Rose who, going by form should all be strong contenders.

Having said all that, I’ve completely ignored the favourites and backed a few outsiders. Anyone bar a handful of aging past champions and rookie amateurs could win it.

Gone for Fowler (100-1), KJ Choi (66-1), Karlssson (150-1), Jimenez (175-1) and Watson (50-1) (Bubba that is, not Tom), all EW.

Should add that i hope both Lawrie, Laird and Lyle do well too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcilroy but there's no value.

Don't agree, he's 6/1, and has placed outside the top 5 in only one of his last 13 tournies, that makes the odds tremendous, and have backed him for the win. Tiger will also place but at 4/1, havn't bothered.

Savers on Rose @ 28/1, Schwartzel @ 45/1, both in great form and good track record here which is essential, and small fun bets on Couples @ 150/1 & Cabrera @ 100/1, again two guys who always go well here and have just come into form.

Bubba has nae chunce, his putting lately has been rank.

Guys. Thought I'd send in a short bit about this week, course is a little soft due to some rain the last two nights

But as always is in fantastic condition, they have added some length since the last time I played here biggest change is the 7th where in 2004 I hit 3iron then lob wedge yesterday I hit good drive then 6 iron!!!!!!!

THe new practises facilities are some of the best I've ever seen

Today (wed) my son Michael will caddie for me in par3event which he's looking forward to and he gets to hit tee shot at the ninth

It's great to be back playing here and I have hit it good since we arrived so it's head down and do the best we can

Cheers Paul.

Best of luck mate! I'll stick a cheeky fiver on you, don't let me down! :P

Ive got on Lawrie each way at 275/1, Donald each way at 16/1, Adam Scott to win at 35/1, Keegan Bradley to win at 33/1 and Kaymer each way (cant remember the price for him.)

Also got a bet of a Maribou with a mate offshore that Lawrie will finish ahead of Poulter. Come on the Lawrie.

There's only two things required when betting on the Masters; your player must have

1. played there before

2. played well there before

Anything else is 99% of the time throwing your money away.

Have any crap players won it?

I mean that in a semi sensible way as I know there are technically no crap players at it as it's an invitation tournament but you get my drift.

Any relative unknowns ever pulled it off?

Have any crap players won it?

I mean that in a semi sensible way as I know there are technically no crap players at it as it's an invitation tournament but you get my drift.

Any relative unknowns ever pulled it off?

A right cuz..hope yer fine min.

I get yer drift, with the exception of Mickelson in 2010, Schwartzel, Immelman, Cabrera and Zach Johnson would all have been considered as"high odds" winners over the last five years.

Id agree with Fatshaft aboot the knowledge required to win around Augusta, although Im going for first timer Keegan Bradley, who won the PGA in his first major tournament. Im hoping hes the 1%.