• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's certainly worse picking up a wage at AFC...he's a young laddie on probably pretty gash cash.

If he can do a job at RB it would release McArdle to play at CB with Considine (our best pairing in my opinion)...cause the other 2 who would fill the RB and CB roles...Osborne and Anderson will be out injured more than fit...again in my opinion

There's certainly worse picking up a wage at AFC...he's a young laddie on probably pretty gash cash.

If he can do a job at RB it would release McArdle to play at CB with Considine (our best pairing in my opinion)...cause the other 2 who would fill the RB and CB roles...Osborne and Anderson will be out injured more than fit...again in my opinion

The guy is not good enough. A failed goalkeeper and striker who has played a few games at right back.

My god how far we have fallen if people think we should give this muppet a chance.

Magennis hasn't been given a proper go of it though has he?

I'd prefer his pace upfront with Vernon and punt Fallon to be honest, but that's just me.

I know we're not bringing in a heap of new players, hence why I'd rather keep a hold of better than the rest type players that can do a job.

He's gash that's why.

He's better than Mackie. That's about it. :suicide:

The folk accepting Magennis as being good enough for even a bit part squad player have the team and performances they deserve.

If we continue to accept this type of woeful player we continue to go absolutely nowhere.

Up there with the worst signings in AFC history.

I've seen far better goalies/strikers/right backs in amateur football, how he has bluffed his way to earning a wage by "playing" football is an absolute miracle.

The folk accepting Magennis as being good enough for even a bit part squad player have the team and performances they deserve.

If we continue to accept this type of woeful player we continue to go absolutely nowhere.

Up there with the worst signings in AFC history.

I've seen far better goalies/strikers/right backs in amateur football, how he has bluffed his way to earning a wage by "playing" football is an absolute miracle.

Spot on. This argument that he tries hard is the most baffling argument I've ever read...I would as well, but that doesn't mean I deserve a contract!

Spot on. This argument that he tries hard is the most baffling argument I've ever read...I would as well, but that doesn't mean I deserve a contract!

The arguements I hear for keeping him are the exact same ones used for Mackie.

He'll be easy to deal with cause he knows if he leaves us its only downhill for him. He'd probably do well for someone like Hamilton or Partick.

I've said the same thing all year on this lad.

Magennis is a nice lad, tries hard and has fantastic pace and strength. He is not however a football player. I could forgive his poor control, poor passing and inability to cross if he could shoot on target and control a header - he can't.

I would love to see someone with his physique and speed who could score goals and head a ball but he can't so there really is no point keeping him in the squad sorry.

Particularly no place for him since Fallon is going to be here next season and we can only carry so many mediocre squad players.

The arguements I hear for keeping him are the exact same ones used for Mackie.

He'll be easy to deal with cause he knows if he leaves us its only downhill for him. He'd probably do well for someone like Hamilton or Partick.

Exactly. I just don't get it! He can't do the basics, therefore he's not a footballer!

I disagree. Probably because he is shite.

He is shite. Don't doubt that he's a nice guy and works hard etc, but he's shite!

zappadons, on 23 April 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

Magennis has something to offer us in my opinion. Happy for him to stay on.

Personally I've rarely been dissapointed in any area of his game apart from his finishing which is admittedly piss poor.

However defenders don't have a clue how to defend against him and as such, most games he plays in end in a positive result for us.

There was one game at Easter Road last season where he came on off the bench and single handedly turned the game in our favour however he did miss a chance or two. I remember the stick he took back on the bus after the game. The lad has something to his game that can benefit us. I'm sure this guy will come good for Aberdeen given a chance.