Sopranos

Karl Fletcher

Sopranos is fine but there is better imo. 210, The Foyer, Moonfish Cafe, Silver Darling, Fusion, Granite Park.

Roberto Prime Cuts is brilliant but very expensive. I've had a few meals at Granite Park and think it's much better value for money. If you do go to Prime Cuts go to Upstairs, it's a lovely wine bar with a very enthusiastic sommelier who will ensure the right wine for your palate.

Sopranos is fine but there is better imo. 210, The Foyer, Moonfish Cafe, Silver Darling, Fusion, Granite Park.

Roberto Prime Cuts is brilliant but very expensive. I've had a few meals at Granite Park and think it's much better value for money. If you do go to Prime Cuts go to Upstairs, it's a lovely wine bar with a very enthusiastic sommelier who will ensure the right wine for your palate.

What do you mean by that MDAL?

Enthusiastic as in a pain in the arse not giving you peace or enthusiastic as in he knows his stuff?

I presume it's the latter.

I've been looking for a fine steak place for some time - a steak place which has the balls to do my steak raw.....but every where I go - they bottle it, does my head in.

I love Ciao Napoli for a meal, or Tropeiro.

I've always wanted to go to Palm Court for a meal after a friend had his wedding there, but never actually got round to going.

Pavarotti's beside HMT, always wanted to go there and I've heard good things about the place.

Rustico's has gone downhill IMO, used to be fantastic but not so much now - didn't enjoy my meal last time I was in.

Poldino's?

I am only naming Italians really, could go down the route of chinese, can't see past Royal Thai - really nice atmosphere, and fine food.

Was in Rustico at the weekend [1st time in a few years] and it was excellent.

Had a couple of meals in the Palm Court and was very impressed..

Prime Cuts Surf and Turf, steak and lobster = Qualitage.

I see Howies has been bought back by the original owner, should be worth a look again.

Cafe 52 is always excellent, as is Ciao Napoli, Paldino's is pretty shit nowadays. I found fusion expensive fancy dan stuff, you'll need to go in by Burger King after as you'll still be hungry.

Been to the Stage Door a couple of times recently, get a grand steak there.

Avoid going pre 7 o'clock though, full of theatre folks and you'll get longish delays if you aren't going and others are.

Just realised this is irrelevant as it now past Saturday, unless it is now a general Aberdeen dining thread...