Turned up expecting a dour end of season game and got one of the most entertaining games I've been to this season.

We were good first half, we didn't create a huge amount of chances but we were more attacking than Killie and kept the ball better. Magennis looked reasonably comfortable at right back and I don't think that Brown had much to do barring a few pass backs etc. We were worth our lead.

Second half Killie came out and went for us. Their goal was a poor one for a couple of reasons, though (for the second week running Magennis was fouled at the other end of the part, and we lost the ball in midfield poorly, and josh hadn't got back in time to cover that part of the pitch.

We took control again after that. Thought Vernon had one chopped off and it was harsh, looked onside to me and the flag only seemed to go up once the linesman realised we had scored. After that, we had a few more, the lad McManus was unlucky, got in the right area for a cross, though the spin on the ball didn't help him.

All in all, a good game, all the players who will remain next year played well, and the performances from Masson, Jack, as well as Fraser and McManus did well when they came in.

As well as that a shout out to Jason Brown, tweeted him yesterday and got free tickets. Guys fast becoming great role model for all the younger pros at the club.

Went along today as an old mate got freebies. 178 dons fans there! We played not bad - better than the hibs game. Ball was kept on the deck more. Have to say, josh magennis surprised me today - he looked not bad going forward and put in a couple of nice crosses. Still not got any positional sense though.

The young boys did well. Masson looked over the moon to have scored. He coul have easily have missed the chance, but finished well. Ryan Fraser looked promising. Was nice to see an Aberdeen player hitting the bye line after taking his player on and beating him. Put a couple of good crosses in. Need just get these boys on and involved.

Typical end of season stuff

Edit to add - as SS says, was an entertaining game.

Turned up expecting a dour end of season game and got one of the most entertaining games I've been to this season.

We were good first half, we didn't create a huge amount of chances but we were more attacking than Killie and kept the ball better. Magennis looked reasonably comfortable at right back and I don't think that Brown had much to do barring a few pass backs etc. We were worth our lead.

Second half Killie came out and went for us. Their goal was a poor one for a couple of reasons, though (for the second week running Magennis was fouled at the other end of the part, and we lost the ball in midfield poorly, and josh hadn't got back in time to cover that part of the pitch.

We took control again after that. Thought Vernon had one chopped off and it was harsh, looked onside to me and the flag only seemed to go up once the linesman realised we had scored. After that, we had a few more, the lad McManus was unlucky, got in the right area for a cross, though the spin on the ball didn't help him.

All in all, a good game, all the players who will remain next year played well, and the performances from Masson, Jack, as well as Fraser and McManus did well when they came in.

As well as that a shout out to Jason Brown, tweeted him yesterday and got free tickets. Guys fast becoming great role model for all the younger pros at the club.

"I don't think that Brown had much to do barring a few pass backs"

You been writing wee Broon's post match interviews?... ;)

You been writing wee Broon's post match interviews?... ;)

No but I did feel like that, also think we might have been ahead on corners too,

Main thing today was we managed to carve out chances, liked to look of the boy Fraser, eager to get on the ball, and a couple of decent runs.

No but I did feel like that, also think we might have been ahead on corners too,

Main thing today was we managed to carve out chances, liked to look of the boy Fraser, eager to get on the ball, and a couple of decent runs.

Fraser looks like a proper winger. Wasn't there today but I was happy with his contribution on wednesday night. Even though he was only on a short time, he was always looking to take his man on and get to the byline. One I would like to see involved next season more.

What I said the last game I saw appears to be bearing out: Magennis is our first full back that will get past a man and put a cross in years.

If he can learn the defensive side of the role better then we might have something. If not, then I think I'd still rather have an attacking minded full back than a "shit that's the halfway li...nosebleed!" type.

What I said the last game I saw appears to be bearing out: Magennis is our first full back that will get past a man and put a cross in years.

If he can learn the defensive side of the role better then we might have something. If not, then I think I'd still rather have an attacking minded full back than a "shit that's the halfway li...nosebleed!" type.

He hasn't got the game intelligence to play any position with any ability.

He hasn't got the game intelligence to play any position with any ability.

We'll see next season I guess. To be frank, if he can keep the attacking full back going and have the rest of the team do what they SHOULD and cover when the full back goes rampaging... then I'd not really care that much if he can't defend well.

Referees not being twats and actually giving freekicks when he's taken down would be nice too.

Not sure if it was the 18 minutes apearence or the 4 minutes appearence!!

You're actually being kind to MT there, it was 9 minutes and 4 minutes! Both games were on TV to be fair.

Of course, MT has always said he needs far less time than anyone else to evaluate a player.

We'll see next season I guess. To be frank, if he can keep the attacking full back going and have the rest of the team do what they SHOULD and cover when the full back goes rampaging... then I'd not really care that much if he can't defend well.

Referees not being twats and actually giving freekicks when he's taken down would be nice too.

It's only a matter of time before the clown is back competing for the goalkeeping spot.

If he is of any use rampaging forward then we should try playing him in a forward role.

Oh, hold on, tried it, and he's shit.

Just sign a recognised right back furfuxake

If he is of any use rampaging forward then we should try playing him in a forward role.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

Let me put it this way, given all the gaps in the team over the last few years, do AFC really have the time to fuck about with this guy in every position on the park? I don't for one minute think they do.

Why don't we just get players for the positions we need to fill instead.

The more I think about it Ollie, the more I'm convinced we WON'T sign a full back this summer.

I honestly believe that Brown thinks he has the positions covered.

RB - Magennis, Jack or Osborne

LB - Robertson or Considine

Reckon we'll get a centre half, centre mid, a winger and a striker