Guns N Roses

Henry

Didn't see your post, gah!

Anyways, I'm in the same boat as you. Well, apart from I have a ticket and I'm going. My mate was after one but they're sold out. He should have got one when I told him too, tbh!

No way that shite sold out the main hall?

Axhole vocalist of one of the biggest rock bands ever, that who.

Correct. Axl Rose in the 80's - hero. Axl Rose in his current state - waste.

Make sure whoever is going has somewhere to spend the night and isn't relying on trains etc to get home. Axl is up to his old tricks and not getting on stage till 11 from what I've heard.

When they played here last year apparently ye couldnae hear the first 2 songs for the booing coz he didnae show up til gone midnight.

Aye, I get the impression you would pretend to be a lady for Mr Kennedy.

Just a little.

I like the current line up. Sound very good. His voice is apparently better than their 2010 tour also.

I think people get caught up in the nostalgia of the " Classic" line up.

Just a little.

I like the current line up. Sound very good. His voice is apparently better than their 2010 tour also.

I think people get caught up in the nostalgia of the " Classic" line up.

To be fair I did see a video of Axl in Nottingham, I think, and he sounded good. It's all the pissing about he does around that puts me off going to see them. Would rather just see Slash and Myles.

I'm sure that's close to the set time anyway. Surely Thin Lizzy are playing 45 minutes to an hour and they've been starting at 8.30, then around 45 minutes for a set change. It's not the best time to be starting but it's not as if it's not expected. They've been doing the same for the last 25 years!

From Myles Kennedy's biggest fan... NO. JUST NO!

Heard Apocalyptic Love yet? Belter of an album!

Not heard it yet, but ordered my Classic Rock mag fanpack.

I've been listening to GNR since the Use Your Illusion days, so am able to give a fair appraisal. Too many people, imho, buy into the illusion (pun intended) of Axhole. I remember the tantrums, the multiple show cancellations because he blew his voice out due to drugs, drink and fags (Metallica said their joint tour of 1992 taught them everything about "what NOT to do". As a result, Metallica have survived, for better or worse, while Axhole is a shadow of his old self). He WAS a great frontman, when he was on form, BUT he was far too inconsistent.

Bottom line, while Axl may have been a better frontman in his prime, Myles is the better singer. No contest.

The thing that annoys me about Myles Kennedy is that he more often than not pussies out of the big notes. Always half arses them and ends it early with "Yeah that's right!".

For some reason he's defended because "He's on tour all the time". Well if it is detrimental to your live performance, then what's the point? Take a break! Go back out on tour when your voice has refreshed.

Back on topic though. GNR were great on Friday. Came on just after half past 10 and finished at half one. Axl's voice surpassed the 2010 performance that I saw in Brum. Band were as tight as ever. Got much more than my moneys worth!

My pal was in attendance, courtesy of Harcus, to whom I extend my gratitude.

To the extent that I'd happily pay him the highest compliment one human being can pay another.

Which is to dance at their wedding. Nothing extends more kudos.

My pal said they were good, not his usual scene, but good.

Back on topic though. GNR were great on Friday. Came on just after half past 10 and finished at half one. Axl's voice surpassed the 2010 performance that I saw in Brum. Band were as tight as ever. Got much more than my moneys worth!

FFS, knew I should have gone, oh well.

My pal was in attendance, courtesy of Harcus, to whom I extend my gratitude.

To the extent that I'd happily pay him the highest compliment one human being can pay another.

Which is to dance at their wedding. Nothing extends more kudos.

You're not invited.