They obviously (BT) expect to get a significant amount of monthly subscribers, at a tenner a pop, they would require approx 2.2 million customers to pay the tenner a month for a year for them to break even.

Which is about 900K more subscriptions that what ESPN had last season, and ESPN had far more than 38 live EPL games to justify the monthly fee.

With the cash in the English game, how is it even possible for a club to go bust?

You could hand financial control over to an eight year old with ADD and Down Syndrome and STILL shouldn't be able to get within a thousand miles of a negative sum on your bank balance.

But I do believe most of them are operating in the red, are they not?

With the cash in the English game, how is it even possible for a club to go bust?

You could hand financial control over to an eight year old with ADD and Down Syndrome and STILL shouldn't be able to get within a thousand miles of a negative sum on your bank balance.

But I do believe most of them are operating in the red, are they not?

No matter how much money they get, the players just end up getting more and more. The clubs don't really see any of it and certainly not the smaller clubs.

Another nail in the coffin of competitive football, if its not already dead.

the english game must be pretty opular to command those sorts of sums.

i like the league and i like the football, but its not what it used to be.

i used to love the early seasons of the EPL. it felt raw and the coverage of it was brilliant. nowadays though its more of a circus.

all of the money flowing roubnd football is going into the pockets of run of the mill footballs and agents. nae good.

All that is fucking wrong with football and will just widen the gap between the haves and the have nots even more.

The European Superleague may have taken a step closer.

Cunts

I was waiting on the bubble to burst but instead the cunt just got bigger.

That must be more than some countries GNP,ffs.