Fans March

Hi From a Killie Fan,

I am trying to organise a Fans March from George Square in Glasgow to Hampden Park to show a united from of all SPL football fans that are against a Newco Rangers being given the right to compete in the SPL in 2012/13.

The date of this March will be the 30th June at 1pm and I want everyone to attend in their team colours for maximum visual impact.

Join the Facebook event so I can gauge numbers to pass onto Strathclyde Police to police the event.

Event Link

• Upvote 7

Fair play and good luck with that. I may come along myself.

A couple of suggestions. I note the facebook page says "SFA Protest" - its the SPL who are deciding on the newco situation and therefore the SPL are the targets of the protest surely?

Whatever your aims are don't get them confused as it'll simply make a mockery of the protest.

Also refer to them as NewCLUB not Newco. Thats an important distinction as everyone except Rangers understand that they are a new club entirely.

Can I suggest banners and such like demanding the following as its not just a question of Newco in or out here - this is huge for Scottish Football:

No to NewCLUB in the SPL

Scottish Football for ALL of Scotland

Democracy in the SPL (fair voting structure)

Fair Split of SPL Income

Cheats must be punished

Stolen Titles Must be Stripped

Ogilvie MUST GO

Doncaster MUST GO

No More Media Corruption

You get the drift.

You could actually have a list of "demands" on the FB page and ask people coming on the day to put one of them on a banner or whatever.

EDIT: Oh and as a Killie fan surely the first priority would be for all of you to get together and make your chairman in no doubt he cannot vote the Scum back in as he has clearly stated he will. In fact he has been the most ardent support of Trigger's Broom so if you can force him to reconsider you wouldn't need a march at all.

• Upvote 5

Hi From a Killie Fan,

I am trying to organise a Fans March from George Square in Glasgow to Hampden Park to show a united from of all SPL football fans that are against a Newco Rangers being given the right to compete in the SPL in 2012/13.

The date of this March will be the 30th June at 1pm and I want everyone to attend in their team colours for maximum visual impact.

Join the Facebook event so I can gauge numbers to pass onto Strathclyde Police to police the event.

Event Link

Can I suggest you sort your cunt of a chairman as step one in any plan you might have?

• Upvote 4

I don't want to be a downer on this idea - its a good one and everyone will support it in spirit, however I fear for the numbers you can raise and if there are not enough people there it will not look good for our cause.

The reason I fear for the number you'll get is fairly simple. Fans of Diddy teams tend to be more intelligent and crucially have their own minds, they can think for themselves. Thats one of the reasons they are Diddy team fans after all. Fans of Rangers on the other hand are just brainless nuggets who do whatever they are told and even repeat what they hear over and over no matter who stupid it sounds "We are the people", "We don't do walking away" etc.

So what does this mean?

To get diddy teams fans to march in any number you have to persuade lots of inteligent, sensible, pragmatic people to join a march. These are people with their own minds. They are not given to senseless militant behaviour. So unfortunately while all diddy fans will support this in principle I think many will not be driven enough to go an join the march.

Huns well we can all see how quickly the stupid fuckers turn out when Jardine tells them to march on the SFA despite the fact they created ALL the problems themselves, from within Ibrox.

I hope I am wrong, I really hope people turn out for this but I fear they won't in great number for the above reason.

Here is a suggestion killifan. Can you use the forums to reach out to Fans groups of all clubs in the central belt?

Teams like Dundee Utd, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen will have fans groups in the Glasgow area for example. Getting these groups on board and asking them to contact other fans groups for their club who can also organise themselves in groups might be a better way to get people to come along rather than just spreading the word on forums and hoping people turn up.

I don't want to be a downer on this idea - its a good one and everyone will support it in spirit, however I fear for the numbers you can raise and if there are not enough people there it will not look good for our cause.

The reason I fear for the number you'll get is fairly simple. Fans of Diddy teams tend to be more intelligent and crucially have their own minds, they can think for themselves. Thats one of the reasons they are Diddy team fans after all. Fans of Rangers on the other hand are just brainless nuggets who do whatever they are told and even repeat what they hear over and over no matter who stupid it sounds "We are the people", "We don't do walking away" etc.

So what does this mean?

To get diddy teams fans to march in any number you have to persuade lots of inteligent, sensible, pragmatic people to join a march. These are people with their own minds. They are not given to senseless militant behaviour. So unfortunately while all diddy fans will support this in principle I think many will not be driven enough to go an join the march.

Huns well we can all see how quickly the stupid fuckers turn out when Jardine tells them to march on the SFA despite the fact they created ALL the problems themselves, from within Ibrox.

I hope I am wrong, I really hope people turn out for this but I fear they won't in great number for the above reason.

A bigger issue is having a march in a city where none of the teams represented actually play in.

It's a good concept but would you get many Dundee United or Inverness fans travelling down to Glasgow for a protest march?

A bigger issue is having a march in a city where none of the teams represented actually play in.

It's a good concept but would you get many Dundee United or Inverness fans travelling down to Glasgow for a protest march?

Its an issue yes but not one that there is really any solution to.

Unfortunately the SFA and SPL are ensconced in glasgow. I wish they weren't but they are. (Personally I think they should move all the SFA, SFL and SPL office to Stirling and escape this Glasgow shite a little)

So what does this mean?

As you say poor turnout and people will think nobody cares what happens and can be made to be the laughing stock a bit like the "Jimmy must go protest"

Would be much better just bombarding your clubs, the SFA & the SPL with emails

I personally think a day of separate protests outside our own clubs would be a lot more effective than a handful of fans from each club 'marching' in weegieville.

Pick a date, get everyone from ITC to Kilmarnock involved and each set of fans holds its own protest outside their own stadium. If it happens on the same day at the same time it will be a lot more powerful a message and it will be sent directly to each chairman because a lot more people will be able to turn up.

The issue with doing this in Glasgow is you are expecting fans from Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh to travel between 50 and 200 miles for a hun like march.

• Upvote 1

I personally think a day of separate protests outside our own clubs would be a lot more effective than a handful of fans from each club 'marching' in weegieville.

Pick a date, get everyone from ITC to Kilmarnock involved and each set of fans holds its own protest outside their own stadium. If it happens on the same day at the same time it will be a lot more powerful a message and it will be sent directly to each chairman because a lot more people will be able to turn up.

The issue with doing this in Glasgow is you are expecting fans from Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh to travel between 50 and 200 miles for a hun like march.

Great Idea.

Killiefan take note - this will be MUCH more effective.

Seems a good and realistic idea to maximise the number of fans attending from each club.

From Hibs point of view it would be fairly easy to reach a high number of fans via the two main websites to publicise this.

Not sure of the fans appetite to get off their @rses of course!

The SPL vote is likely to be 2 weeks on Monday at earliest I'm sure?? and the way things are looking between now and then re voting would determine numbers ultimately.