Camping

The Boofon

The duchess has got it into her head that it'd be a good idea to go camping for a few days when we are coming back from holiday down the South coast of England in August.

I personally think it's an abhorrent suggestion but as I'm married I have to do as I'm told.

Anyone go camping properly and if so what tent would you advise getting?

I quite like the look of the bell tents you get these days but I'm not sure if they would fit into a normal camp site pitch.

Example linked. Soul Pad

I'm mentioning festivals as I don't want a shitey 100 quid tent from Argos that is suitable for festivals. I'm after something decent.

Any suggestions other than telling the wife to not be so fu*king stupid?

A tent is a tent. It is windproof and waterproof and that's all that matters when it comes to quality of purchase.

I do a bit of wild and social camping every year.

My first trip of the year will be to the Scottish Game Fair at Scone Palace at the end of the month. I'm working as a steward on the fishing casting competitions so get free passes and food vouchers. There's beer tents open to all hours and always something going down throughout the night, usually big burly farmers knocking fuck out of each other and the travellers. :hysterical:

A tent is a tent. It is windproof and waterproof and that's all that matters when it comes to quality of purchase.

I do a bit of wild and social camping every year.

My first trip of the year will be to the Scottish Game Fair at Scone Palace at the end of the month. I'm working as a steward on the fishing casting competitions so get free passes and food vouchers. There's beer tents open to all hours and always something going down throughout the night, usually big burly farmers knocking fuck out of each other and the travellers. :hysterical:

Nae when you've a four year old and a one year old daughter coming along it isn't.

did something like this at Loch Aird a couple of years back but can't find the company I booked it with.

Gives you the camping experience without the discomfort.

Thanks for that. That sort of thing was the anenue I thought about going down.

Still use the Argos tent for camping I bought in 1997 for T. It cost

Just think of the bairns - when you're that age it's a holiday of a lifetime.

Shame Gary Barlow got that dad of the year award....

That's why I'm nae buying a shitey one from Argos.

I've met Gary and he's an all right guy so if he's won dad of the year fair play to the lad. :thumbs:

I don't really see the point in camping.

I've done it myself many, many times, and each time I hate it more and see less point to it.

If I want to see the wilds I'll drive there, step out of the car for a few hours, go 'Aye, fit braw.' get back in my car and drive back to the hotel, take a shower and order some room service.

Fuck struggling with a tent, pissing rain, howling gales, spiders the size of your face and zero facilities.

Just really fuck that.

Awesome

campsite.jpg

• Downvote 1

Last time I went camping was when I was in the Scouts.

Two weeks up at Dunkeld,but we were barred fae the wee toon after the 1st afrernoon fer shopliftin'. :sherlock:

Then during the first night,some fucker stole the Scoutmasters false teeth,he had had them in a glass outside his tent door. :sherlock:

He didnae half mump his gums for the rest of the fortnight. :blahblah1:

Last went camping a few years ago. Evening was great, sun bbq and beer. During the night a storm came in, our inflatable mattress burst on a stone, everything got wet, never slept much cause the tent almost blew away and woke to breakfast being cooked by folk on a shitty wee gas stove in the pissin rain. camping is not for me.

We spent 1000's if years developing sophisticated dwellings after living in huts/caves/tents.

Why the fuck would anyone want to sleep in a tent. Fuck that tinky shit!!

This. Retarded minks. And caravans are just as bad. Worse even. At least you don't get stuck behind a tent on the A9.