Assuming Dundee are in the driving seat for the place left by Rangers, but does anybody else think a single match playoff at a neutral venue would be an option?

Probably rather Dundee come up as I like away days at Dundee, but would be an interesting playoff.

Much better for us financially if Dundee came up.

They'd bring about 1500 - 2000 to Pittodrie if they're doing ok.

Dunfermline wouldn't bring a quarter of that.

Two home games, that's about

Also, if Rangers are sent to D3, how is promotion decided to the 1st and 2nd Division? presume Elgin could be in with a shout for the vacant space in division 2?

I assume it will be Dundee, Airdrie Utd and Stranraer will be the clubs promoted. I Think this will be Airdrie United's 3rd promotion due to clubs in admin having profited from Gretna, Livingston and potentially Rangers.

Good question.

Personally I think Dunfermline fans would probably rather stay in division 1 as they have got a lot of derby matches to look forward to with Cowdenbeath, Falkirk and Raith all in division 1.

Saw a couple of Pars fans on my Facebook saying exactly that earlier.

Has to be Dundee. They finished 2nd and as mentioned would bring a great crowd up here and we'd bring a great crowd - as always - down there

Cant think that Dunfermline would benefit anyone financially.....but saying that is hypocritical.....we're talking about money here.

Money is irrelevant to who should be in the league.

SPL has lways said after Getna here wil be relegation.

Dunfermline have been relegated, space can only go to Dundee

Correct. Dunfermline have been relegated, end of story. Which means that Dundee will be coming up, which is great news as Dens is one of my favourite away venues.

:sheepdance:

Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Inverness, Ross County, St Johnstone, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee/Dunfermline

vs.

Celtic, Motherwell, Killie, St Mirren

Might be making a stupid point, but when was the last time there were so few 'west-coast' teams in the SPL? The North and East out-number them 2 to 1 next season....

Power shift?

That would be nice, but the weegia will still only be writing articles about Celtic and what would be happening in the league if newco hadn't been cruelly stabbed in back, how poor the league is now and how the rest of us are struggling and wishing we'd let newco in, even though it'll all be bollocks.

That would be nice, but the weegia will still only be writing articles about Celtic and what would be happening in the league if newco hadn't been cruelly stabbed in back, how poor the league is now and how the rest of us are struggling and wishing we'd let newco in, even though it'll all be bollocks.

You are spot on.

I can see it now come August.

The Daily Ranger/Retard reporting on SEVCO 5088's first game at Iprox against Annan Athletic.

Out of defiance they attract 50,000.

cue Keith Jackshun banging on about how Motherwell, Aberdeen, Inverness & Kilmarnock never got 50,000 between them and how the SPL is a poorer place without Rang...sorry SEVCO 5088. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::sleeping:

Eh'm taking nothing for granted. We're no the SPL's (or SFL's for that matter) favourite team due to our, ahem, financial irregularities, in the last few years.

Both teams have no option but to prepare for Div 1 at present, whoever gets in is going to struggle.

What eh widnae put past the SPL is to say it's too late for anyone to come in, and there'll be an extra promotion spot available from Div 1 this season. Purely coincidentally, Sevco5088 will be put in to Div 1.

I'd rather it was Dundee, partly because they're nearer and therefore more likely to bring a few more fans, and partly because I just don't think it's fair for Dunfermline to get another crack in the SPL just because the Huns have been told to get tae fuck. I also just find it boring only having one team change every season, and here's an opportunity to get two new teams up.

But I reckon it'll be Dunfermline. They'll probably argue that precedents were set when Aberdeen and Motherwell were saved from relegation due to Falkirk having a shite stadium, and that therefore there's a presumption on retaining relegated teams before promoting others. But who fucking knows?

• Site Sponsor

I'd rather it was Dundee, partly because they're nearer and therefore more likely to bring a few more fans, and partly because I just don't think it's fair for Dunfermline to get another crack in the SPL just because the Huns have been told to get tae fuck. I also just find it boring only having one team change every season, and here's an opportunity to get two new teams up.

But I reckon it'll be Dunfermline. They'll probably argue that precedents were set when Aberdeen and Motherwell were saved from relegation due to Falkirk having a shite stadium, and that therefore there's a presumption on retaining relegated teams before promoting others. But who fucking knows?

For me it is simple; a playoff between Dunfermline and Dundee, held at Ibrox with all proceeds to our friends at HMRC :sheepdance:

I would have thought Dunfermline would be the natural candidates to come up since in effect Rangers were removed from the league, so one team already was taken so relegation wasn't necessary.

Don't know if they or Dundee will flight it depending on who gets up but that could get messy...

(btw would prefer Dundee by a mile but guess we'll find out)

^^^^

also agree that only one new team a season means the divisions lack freshness. but they should be expanded also. its the perfect time for scottish football to take a long hard look at itself and restructure for the

Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Inverness, Ross County, St Johnstone, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee/Dunfermline

vs.

Celtic, Motherwell, Killie, St Mirren

Might be making a stupid point, but when was the last time there were so few 'west-coast' teams in the SPL? The North and East out-number them 2 to 1 next season....

Power shift?

Was discussing this with a mate a few weeks back. If Dundee came up, you'd have half the league from north of the Central Belt. Surely that's never happened before??