New Hearts Manager: John Mcglynn

Interesting one - could be a very good move by them - certainly was keen on him when we chose Brown and even Magoo, Time will tell how he copes in the mad house.

I was very keen on him on each occasion. Raith were pretty honking this year though after they lost their better players, so maybe he did well, maybe he didn't, maybe he'd have done well with us, maybe he wouldn't have, maybe we'll never know.

It'll be really difficult to judge how he does there as it seems he'll be working under a much reduced budget. They might count making the top 6 this season a success.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheap and safe option I think. Cost cutting finally kicking in at Hearts.

Redstar's right to say Brown is just as boring an appointment but this is a bit of a change for Hearts. I think he's a bit boring compared to some of their previous appointments where Vlad has tried to bring someone in from outside the usual list of suspects.

Mind you Jefferies was also a pretty boring appointment...

I really thought Vlad would just let old arguments be a thing of the past & let Hartley take on the job so he could suck him off again.

The fans would have loved that appointment & he'd be great for the club :dontknow:

I think Pressley would have been a better option to McGlynn or Hartly at this time.Vlad had Jankauskas lined up for the assistant slot that's for sure and I don't think Elvis or Hartly would wear it,and that has been proven before.

I take it Hartly wasn't accepted at Todders?He was, puttin' on the weight a bit before he hung up his bits.

I think Pressley would have been a better option to McGlynn or Hartly at this time.Vlad had Jankauskas lined up for the assistant slot that's for sure and I don't think Elvis or Hartly would wear it,and that has been proven before.

I take it Hartly wasn't accepted at Todders?He was, puttin' on the weight a bit before he hung up his bits.

Ahh your a jambo :itch-chin:

Can understand why you not to keen on admitting it

• Downvote 1

Ahh your a jambo :itch-chin:

Can understand why you not to keen on admitting it

Aye Frankieboy I'm a JT but I do not wear tinted glasses or blinkers nor do I wear ear defenders when it comes to the team I happen to support.I like to see myself as someone who doesn't know everything about the game,but knows enough to appreciate the things that deserve credit when its due,other teams included.Although I truly detest the OF and all the sectarian and bigoted garbage that it carries,garbage that needs thrown oot.I hope the chance to at least get rid of some of it isn't passed up this week.

I found yer forum by accident and I have really enjoyed everyones threads and posts,the fact that you are treated like an adult by the Admins and Mods,even when sometimes posters don't act like adults, but that to me

makes it what it is.Braw min.

Aye Frankieboy I'm a JT but I do not wear tinted glasses or blinkers nor do I wear ear defenders when it comes to the team I happen to support.I like to see myself as someone who doesn't know everything about the game,but knows enough to appreciate the things that deserve credit when its due,other teams included.Although I truly detest the OF and all the sectarian and bigoted garbage that it carries,garbage that needs thrown oot.I hope the chance to at least get rid of some of it isn't passed up this week.

I found yer forum by accident and I have really enjoyed everyones threads and posts,the fact that you are treated like an adult by the Admins and Mods,even when sometimes posters don't act like adults, but that to me

Would have thought a Jambo would know how to spell the name of one of their former hero's correctly though :itch-chin:

Good stuff, I personally think it's good to have a chance to read other clubs fans views on the forum, rather than just a closed shop.

It is a good thing about the admin/mods and posters on here that they generally apart from the odd ribbing, allow other teams fans on too have there say, unlike some other AFC forums where it just descends into childish namecalling.

And detesting the Old firm always helps I suppose !

• 3 months later...

Aye but the league is tighter than a nun's cunt atm anyway, so his timing of this is daft

I posted on here pre-season that it would be a more competitive season :dc: and I am glad it is despite some things.

I wonder if Celtic's attendances would go up if they left the SPL because their crowds are plummeting being in it.

I posted on here pre-season that it would be a more competitive season :dc: and I am glad it is despite some things.

I wonder if Celtic's attendances would go up if they left the SPL because their crowds are plummeting being in it.

Aye you're right. 47,000 they had at the weekend

:laughing: But their crowds are dropping though."plummeting"was a bit ott but it made me feel better. :(

Sorry the way i worded that made me sound sarcastic, i was actually agreeing with you :laughing: I meant to say that as impressive as 47,000 attendance would be to a lot of teams, it's still 13,000 or so they didn't have and as you say their crowds are definitely dropping