Season Ticket Numbers

Have you bought?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. vote for the one that fits you

• Bought for first time
    • Bought for first time in years
    • Bought again as always
    • Bought as usual but also childs etc.
    • Haven't renewed as normal but will under certain conditions (please state)
    • Don't normally buy but NO vote has made me
    • Will buy one with next pay (do not normally)
    • will buy with next pay (as do normally)
    • Bought again but wasn't going to if voted yes
    • other

oh well ats new, obviously rakes of spare seats in rds upper guess they want to stick them up there

Although thats whats stated, I have found the ticket office to be more than accommodating with various issues over the years. If anyone wanted to sit in the South or main stands then best to go in and speak to them.

The issue with the main may well be that tickets are generally more expensive than RDS.

Having seen the season ticket counter and the following paragraph from todays statement...

In response to speculation as to how many season tickets have been sold the club has taken the bold decision to be open and honest with our supporters and reveal the exact number of season tickets we have sold to date.

the word that came to mind for me was Glasnost. Hopefully we'll continue to see the club be more open and willing to engage and share information with the fans.

Thats me just bought 1st season ticket in about 8 years - also took advantage of the free U12 for my daughter!!!

Thanks AFC for doing your bit to encourage the youngsters to go along. Great idea to allow the free tickets to be used anywhere and not just in the Merkland Road.

Cant wait for 11th August to take our seat's in the SS and cheer on the Dandies - the greatest team ever!!! COYR!!!

• Upvote 4

How many season tickets were sold last year as a matter of interest?

Apologies if the total is elsewhere in this thread but i couldnt find it after a quick scan.

I was told around the 4,500 mark, which kinda ties in with the crowds we were getting at the end of the season.

Currently at 6182.

Will we break 7000 ? Seems we are selling about 70 a day or thereabouts.

Would also be very good to know if this total inludes the free under-12 tickets - I'd assume it does tbh but would love to think its just the paid for tickets.

If anyone is popping in ask that question for us! :-)

Hopefully a wee boost after folk get paid at the end of the month?

Hopefully a wee boost after folk get paid at the end of the month?

Folks these days get paid on all sorts of dates.

I'm sure most get paid the last week of the month but there are plenty that don't so don't expect that to have a huge bearing.

I'd guess there are a lot who just leave it to the last minute as well but I don't think we are going to smash any records here. There are just too many now who don't really want to go anymore which is a shame.

I can't criticise anyone as I'm not getting a ticket - I would certainly get one if localish though despite the fact I couldn't attend every game due to family commitments every second weekend.

Currently at 6182.

Will we break 7000 ? Seems we are selling about 70 a day or thereabouts.

Would also be very good to know if this total inludes the free under-12 tickets - I'd assume it does tbh but would love to think its just the paid for tickets.

If anyone is popping in ask that question for us! :-)

The club said on their Facebook page that 'Yes, it includes all season tickets'. But, yea maybe they could clarify who are 'season tickets'? Are Offshore 10 game ticket season tickets? Maybe you would say yes. Are the new 'Student 6's' season tickets? That is probably stretching the imagination but are they included?

What about Corporate? Does it include the different lounges?

It says on the official face book this is for all season tickets.

Would be good to know how many of those are U12s

Also if the club are so big on honesty this season why not release last years season tickets as a guide.

I think they didn't release them historically to not let on how good they were (negotiating with players) but that probably changed in recent years to being embarrassed quite how low they were, sub 5000 last year?

The club said on their Facebook page that 'Yes, it includes all season tickets'. But, yea maybe they could clarify who are 'season tickets'? Are Offshore 10 game ticket season tickets? Maybe you would say yes. Are the new 'Student 6's' season tickets? That is probably stretching the imagination but are they included?

What about Corporate? Does it include the different lounges?

I think they didn't release them historically to not let on how good they were (negotiating with players) but that probably changed in recent years to being embarrassed quite how low they were, sub 5000 last year?

I know the Europa Lounge is sold out for the season. And that was about 3 weeks ago.

I'd imagine there will be two or maybe three bursts yet:

- End of the month. Payday for a fair whack of folk and the last one before the start of the season.

- Just before County game. Belief that cash is better in their pocket than Aberdeen's as long as possible.

- After first couple of games (hopefully) if people have tried before they by.

The sales have gone up by about 100 in 24 hours. That ain't too shabby a rate in my opinion, and hopefully won't tail off for a bit yet.

I know the Europa Lounge is sold out for the season. And that was about 3 weeks ago.

They more often that not are at full capacity with the Lounge's but never really understood if these folk are counted in attendances and if so are they counted as season ticket holders?

I reckon around 5000 some of our attendances were terrible last year,

I mentioned early in the thread, it was meant to be between 4,500 and 5,000, which ties in with the low attendances late on (additional PATG, free school tickets and away fans less season tickets given up/unable to make it).

They more often that not are at full capacity with the Lounge's but never really understood if these folk are counted in attendances and if so are they counted as season ticket holders?

Dunno but last season it was very easy to buy tickets/tables for individual games in there.

Dunno but last season it was very easy to buy tickets/tables for individual games in there.

Aye we wanted to do RDS dining for one game (any game second half of season) and think we were offered any match apart from Celtic. BUT on the day of the game they normally are nigh on capacity so they must do arite shifting the packages for something if they are going to go to waste.

Folks these days get paid on all sorts of dates.

I'm sure most get paid the last week of the month but there are plenty that don't so don't expect that to have a huge bearing.

I'd guess there are a lot who just leave it to the last minute as well but I don't think we are going to smash any records here. There are just too many now who don't really want to go anymore which is a shame.

I can't criticise anyone as I'm not getting a ticket - I would certainly get one if localish though despite the fact I couldn't attend every game due to family commitments every second weekend.

You are right, I'm probably clutching at straws.

The fact that 6200 odd is an increase says it all about the apathy of the support.

Even a feel good factor of no SEVCO and a couple of decent signings is struggling to take away from the pish football served up by the team last year (and before).

That said, fans should try and forget last year.

Move on.

The club needs the fans more than ever.

If for nothing else to say to SEVCO fans, The Daily Retard, The Hun etc.....look no SEVCO and our support has increased by "x" so GIRFUY! :swear:

I mentioned early in the thread, it was meant to be between 4,500 and 5,000, which ties in with the low attendances late on (additional PATG, free school tickets and away fans less season tickets given up/unable to make it).

Sorry.......i cant read EVERY post. :thumbs:

You are right, I'm probably clutching at straws.

The fact that 6200 odd is an increase says it all about the apathy of the support.

Even a feel good factor of no SEVCO and a couple of decent signings is struggling to take away from the pish football served up by the team last year (and before).

That said, fans should try and forget last year.

Move on.

The club needs the fans more than ever.

If for nothing else to say to SEVCO fans, The Daily Retard, The Hun etc.....look no SEVCO and our support has increased by "x" so GIRFUY! :swear:

there's no rush for anyone that hasn't got a season ticket just now, coupled by the fact July pay isn't in yet and 2.5 weeks til first home game.

I expect it to rise to over 7k. Which after 3 seasons of fucking abysmal football is pretty solid.