Donate A Dons Season Ticket To Charity

AFC Heritage Trust ‏@AFCHeritage

Helping the Aberdeen cause with an extra season ticket you can't use? The Ticket Office can allocate it to the “Befriend a Child” charity.

Not sure if this is something we have always done but I think its a great idea. Saw it pop up on Twitter this afternoon. I'm London based so only make a game or two a season but I would be more than happy to sponsor a couple of kids season tickets in the Merkland. Win Win situation as far as I'm concerned.

(Depending on the Newco/SFL vote obviously, otherwise I would just be making a standard donation if Sevco get in)

Can we not all just claim a free under 12s ticket and donate that?

Good call, don't see why not-well worth looking into. Our new man on the board George Yule is a patron of the charity. May as well claim one and send it in the post to them if you wont use it anyway?

9 Bon-Accord Square

Aberdeen

AB11 6DJ

FREE FOOTY FOR UNDER 12S!

Our young fans are the future of this great club and we want as many local youngsters to get behind the Dons and join us here at Pittodrie to enjoy the live football experience.

This season in a significant gesture by the club we are delighted to announce we are offering all under 12s the chance to watch FOOTY FOR FREE next season.

THIS ENTIRELY NEW INITIATIVE FROM THE DONS WILL ALLOW ANY ADULT WHO PURCHASES A SEASON TICKET TO CLAIM AN UNDER 12S SEASON TICKET FOR FREE!

This fantastic offer will be available throughout the stadium allowing young Dons fans to enjoy all the action from their favourite stand.

Like I say I can only make one or two games a season but if that's possible it would be a great way to boost numbers and do a wee bit for charity

If we can claim our free under 12's ticket for the charity then I'm all for that.

Keep us posted on this please, on how you go about it.

I only just ordered my season ticket the other day, so hopefully it's just a simple case of phoning up & saying that I'd like to donate the free U12's ticket to the charity.

The more bums on seats the better & builds the support for the future also (provided the club keeps them interested on the park)

If we can claim our free under 12's ticket for the charity then I'm all for that.

Keep us posted on this please, on how you go about it.

I only just ordered my season ticket the other day, so hopefully it's just a simple case of phoning up & saying that I'd like to donate the free U12's ticket to the charity.

The more bums on seats the better & builds the support for the future also (provided the club keeps them interested on the park)

I have sent the club and the charity an email. I will let you know once I hear anything

• Upvote 2

Could be great publicity for the charity and the club. Been on their website, I would quite like to get into the whole befriending a child thing. Take them to Pittodrie every couple of weeks.

That's easy for a lassie to say :laughing:

Nah fkd if am taking the kids to the game but al happily donate the ticket if a can.

1341670550[/url]' post='784711']

That's easy for a lassie to say :laughing:

Nah fkd if am taking the kids to the game but al happily donate the ticket if a can.

Haha I suppose. I genuinely like kids, just older ones that don't make too much noise. Toddlers and the likes thumbsdown.gif (hmmm that doesn't read well )

I'd imagine Millertime would be good at this scheme, but them again he'd get bored and leave the kid neglected somewhere after a few hours

• Upvote 2

Haha I suppose. I genuinely like kids, just older ones that don't make too much noise. Toddlers and the likes thumbsdown.gif (hmmm that doesn't read well )

I'd imagine Millertime would be good at this scheme, but them again he'd get bored and leave the kid neglected somewhere after a few hours

I'd give it a few days cos he'd need a little time to consult the thread he'd no doubt start about it.

I'd be keen to put a season ticket in but the trouble is, you can't give tickets away for some games! If there was a waiting list from a charity then yes but for them to sit unused would be a shame for those donating.

Right I have spoken to the Karen and Andi at befriend a child foundation about sending the free U12 tickets to their address. They said it would be "fantastic"

so spread the word to all dons season ticket holders that haven't claimed for an U12 ticket. Get onto the phone to the club to claim one and send it to

Befriend a child

9 Bon Accord Square

Aberdeen

AB11 6DJ

Right I have spoken to the Karen and Andi at befriend a child foundation about sending the free U12 tickets to their address. They said it would be "fantastic"

so spread the word to all dons season ticket holders that haven't claimed for an U12 ticket. Get onto the phone to the club to claim one and send it to

Befriend a child

9 Bon Accord Square

Aberdeen

AB11 6DJ

But do you not have to give the childs name for the free U12 season ticket?

If not then I will be doing this as soon as my season ticket arrives.

Befriend a child

9 Bon Accord Square

Aberdeen

AB11 6DJ

does the season ticket need to be in the merkland to be available for an under 12 ticket for free? Have you spoke to the club about donating them to the charity direct?

But do you not have to give the childs name for the free U12 season ticket?

If not then I will be doing this as soon as my season ticket arrives.

does the season ticket need to be in the merkland to be available for an under 12 ticket for free? Have you spoke to the club about donating them to the charity direct?

Spoke to the ticket office at lunch time - asked if I could do this and they said I could. The guy asked me if I wanted to opt in to the Befriend a Child charity and I said I could probably get done for that. He's emailing me some details but said he could do this for me no bother. Didn't matter about a bairn's name or what stand, just said it'd make sense if all those bairns were together in the same stand.

Spoke to the ticket office at lunch time - asked if I could do this and they said I could. The guy asked me if I wanted to opt in to the Befriend a Child charity and I said I could probably get done for that. He's emailing me some details but said he could do this for me no bother. Didn't matter about a bairn's name or what stand, just said it'd make sense if all those bairns were together in the same stand.

Ok cheers min.

What's the ticket office number (canny be arsed looking it up cos am a lazy cunt) al phone them in the morning.

Scratch that idea guys.......received this reply:

Hi, xxxxxx

I am not currently able to progress your offer to take up a free Under 12 ticket and donate it to Befriend a Child. The intention was that people could donate an adult and the free under 12 ticket so that a child could be taken to matches by the person who has volunteered to be the friend of the child. I

Hi, xxxxxx

I am not currently able to progress your offer to take up a free Under 12 ticket and donate it to Befriend a Child. The intention was that people could donate an adult and the free under 12 ticket so that a child could be taken to matches by the person who has volunteered to be the friend of the child. I

01224 63 1903 chief

I just phoned them & they said that because there's been a helluva lot of offers on this (:applause: folks) that they'd rather wait til they sus out how exactly that they are going to do it cos obviously the children have to be accompanied by an adult (1 adult to 2 or 3 kids) that they may also need some adult tickets donated.

The boy said to keep checking the website & when it's all fully sorted they would appreciate the donation of the U12 ticket but they'd rather we didn't just send the tickets to the fund til it's understood that it will be well controlled & that they won't be just sending kids along on their own.

Sounds like there's been plenty offers for this & could see attendances raising quite dramatically if it works out & plenty kids want to be dragged along to Pittodrie :crossfingers:

Great idea nonetheless though, kudos to those that have explored that option :)

absolutely it's a fabulous idea :thumbs:

i donated my SS season ticket and the U12 seat beside to the charity (i was just going to send it to a local school, but this seemed even better). the gentleman i was speaking with suggested they may have to move the donation to the Merkland, depending on how things worked out.

i'm assuming they'll want to get adults from some local schools/community organizations to accompany the children?

i'm assuming they'll want to get adults from some local schools/community organizations to accompany the children?

Aye they must be, the guy at the ticket office even asked me if I wanted to, had a laugh with him about it. Just hope they can get it organised, if not, I'll donate my u12s season ticket to one of the local schools down there.

Wid prefer to gee it til this Befriend a Child charity though.

absolutely it's a fabulous idea :thumbs:

i donated my SS season ticket and the U12 seat beside to the charity (i was just going to send it to a local school, but this seemed even better). the gentleman i was speaking with suggested they may have to move the donation to the Merkland, depending on how things worked out.

:applause:

You not going this season, or are you getting another for yersel?

Either way :applause:

:applause:

You not going this season, or are you getting another for yersel?

Either way :applause:

i'm not made of money :ThumbsDown: so no second ST.

i couldn't do less than others were being asked to do, so i did want to buy a ST (my first-ever Dons season ticket! which is exciting even if i won't get to use it :dance: ). since it's unlikely the stars will align to allow me to attend a home game the odd occasion i'm in the UK, having bought the ticket, it didn't make sense to leave the seats empty. i'd rather someone was using it at each home game, hollering and cheering on the Dons. :scarf:

i'm not made of money :ThumbsDown: so no second ST.

i couldn't do less than others were being asked to do, so i did want to buy a ST (my first-ever Dons season ticket! which is exciting even if i won't get to use it :dance: ). since it's unlikely the stars will align to allow me to attend a home game the odd occasion i'm in the UK, having bought the ticket, it didn't make sense to leave the seats empty. i'd rather someone was using it at each home game, hollering and cheering on the Dons. :scarf:

cool

Hi, xxxxxx

• Upvote 1