Sell Out Saturday

I might get a lift down anyway, it's only half that by car, a quarter of that if I'm at the wheel.

It's a stupidly long train journey. Stops at all sorts of places that aren't even on the map. Driving it is a bastard because of the lack of overtaking opportunities and fucking tourists. Getting stuck at the back of ferry traffic is murder.

It's a stupidly long train journey. Stops at all sorts of places that aren't even on the map. Driving it is a bastard because of the lack of overtaking opportunities and fucking tourists. Getting stuck at the back of ferry traffic is murder.

I'll show you how to drive it. Tailgate like fuck. Blow folk away when they least expect it.

Three abreast to the road if need be.

Anything north of Tain is the outlands, although the road to Thurso, from the A9 is heaven after being stuck behind a heap of cunts.

What's so special about Tain?

Why draw the mythical civilised/non-civilised line there.

To me, places like Tain etc are akin to living in hell itself.

Tain represents the last outpost of civilisation if you're headed north. It's also in Ross-shire.

I disagree.

I feel that shitholes such as Tain, Alness and Invergordon ruin the landscape on an otherwise uneventful drive to Inverness.

I've never been to Dingwall so cannot comment on the merits or otherwise of the place. At a wild guess, I'd hazard it to be a shithole.

What's so special about Tain?

Why draw the mythical civilised/non-civilised line there.

To me, places like Tain etc are akin to living in hell itself.

Wick on the other hand is all bloom and blossom. :sherlock:

Tain represents the last outpost of civilisation if you're headed north. It's also in Ross-shire.

Anywhere East of Portsoy or West of Cullen is a shithole in my opinion.

I disagree.

I feel that shitholes such as Tain, Alness and Invergordon ruin the landscape on an otherwise uneventful drive to Inverness.

I've never been to Dingwall so cannot comment on the merits or otherwise of the place. At a wild guess, I'd hazard it to be a shithole.

Dunno min. Depends on your perspective I guess but whenever I'm south of the Dornoch bridge it feels like home turf. Know a few folk from Thurso who feel the opposite.

Ken's Garage is the centre of the universe tho.

I disagree.

It's decent enough. It's no Dornoch but it's all right.

Why on earth does he call himself Tainboy?

Tain is a shithole. Dornoch is lovely.

He should rename himself Dornochboy.

It's a shame he's nae fae Tongue. :sherlock:

Tain is not a shithole. Of the seaboard villages it's the one that has old buildings and some character about it. I'm a balti boy and ours was a wee seaboard village with zero landmarks whatsoever.

Fact of the matter is that Tup fears Invergordon, and rightly so.