Footballers And Twitter

Anyone else starting to get really annoyed with the amount of coverage this gets these days?

Footballers are, by and large, thick as shit and do not live the real world like the rest of us. I wish the Media would stop jumping on every single fucking thing they say, it's getting very boring.

Obviously racist remarks etc have to be taken seriously but ffs, who really gives a fuck what pops into the head of Rio Ferdinand/Joey Barton every five minutes?

Anyone else starting to get really annoyed with the amount of coverage this gets these days?

Footballers are, by and large, thick as shit and do not live the real world like the rest of us. I wish the Media would stop jumping on every single fucking thing they say, it's getting very boring.

Obviously racist remarks etc have to be taken seriously but ffs, who really gives a fuck what pops into the head of Rio Ferdinand/Joey Barton every five minutes?

Aye, but on the other hand it shows them up for the 'tards they are, which is always funny #KarlFletcherLargeLadyLover

could not agree more. I've stopped listening to talksport in the morning which I used to like because they now focus a lot on what certain sportsman say on twitter.

footballer managers should ban their players from this shit.

oh and Rio Ferdinand is a fallopian tube

Joey Barton is a fucking tube also, just like to point that out.

The Fiver yesterday had a link to his personal website, tragic stuff.

http://www.joeybarton.com/

Their comments on it reminded me a bit of Millertime smiley_sherlock.gif

For exploring his website heightens the suspicion that Joey Barton is not sure what he wants to say but knows he wants it to be intelligent.

Often, it seems, the breadth of his interests exceeds the depth of his research and thought

Sometimes he raises points to consider but then ignores complexities as if they were just hecklers in the crowd, then wades in behind one particular view seemingly in the name of that most appalling of pseudo-qualities, no-nonsenseness.

Twitter is shite footballers or no footballers.

Only retards tweet their thoughts.

Normal people keep their thoughts to themselves.

Add Facebook to that as well.

Both drivel and best avoided.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Twitter is shite footballers or no footballers.

Only retards tweet their thoughts.

Normal people keep their thoughts to themselves.

Add Facebook to that as well.

Both drivel and best avoided.

Couln't agree more. Twitter is compete horsepoo and just another way for self styled celebrities to feed their ego's by sharing every tedious moment of their tedious lives with us proles. Ingorant scumbags the lot of them.

If I ever did sign up to twitter I'd have a policy on not following anyone who tweets such drivel or considers themselves a celebrity. Following someone like a F1 team engineer might be interesting if he is tweeting before and after races but other than quite specific things like that I can't see the appeal.

Why follow a football player? Of all the groups of people on the planet "celebrities" and footballers must be the 2 groups we should all be least interested in the thoughts of - thick, ignorant, spoilt.

Facebook is almost as bad. I'm on there but tend not to use it much and 99% of the pictures, comments and status updates people post are a complete waste of time. The only thing that stops me deleting it is that for some friends it is a means to keep in touch. Otherwise I'd have been long gone.

I think Twitter is an interesting device but in the hands of football players whose IQ's often match the shirt number on their backs, it's ill advised.

I don't really think it's the FA's place to intervene on someone's personal tweets, more it should be an employer if they have some sort of social media policy or obviously the police if they've broken the law. And if you can't handle the criticism or the fact that you will receive a bundle of insults then stay away from it... Much like this place don't rise to the trolls and anglers...

It's more than just Bieber, Gaga and 1Direction fans if you choose to use it that way...

I think Twitter is an interesting device but in the hands of football players whose IQ's often match the shirt number on their backs, it's ill advised.

I don't really think it's the FA's place to intervene on someone's personal tweets, more it should be an employer if they have some sort of social media policy or obviously the police if they've broken the law. And if you can't handle the criticism or the fact that you will receive a bundle of insults then stay away from it... Much like this place don't rise to the trolls and anglers...

It's more than just Bieber, Gaga and 1Direction fans if you choose to use it that way...

"IQ's often match the shirt number on their backs"

....not unless it's Gary Hooper - I doubt his IQ will be 88 having heard his illiterate ramblings

• 1 year later...

Emmanuel Frimpong has suggested that the reason he isn't in Arsenal's squad to play Chelsea in the Capital One Cup is because of his race.

When asked on Twitter why he hadn't been picked for Tuesday's match, Frimpong replied: 'Lol I wanna laugh.
'Sometimes I wish I was white and English #realtalk.'

Arsene Wenger in racist shock!