The Garage

Two of Glasgow’s most popular student venues are heading to Aberdeen.

The former Moshulu and Warehouse premises on Windmill Brae are being taken over in a joint venture by The Garage and Campus.

STV Local understands the Garage will be based on the upper floor, while American college themed venue Campus will be located underneath.

The clubs, which are popular with students in Glasgow, are aiming to be open in August, ahead of the new university term.

Donald MacLeod, managing director of CPL which owns The Garage, said: “It is our first venture outside of Glasgow so it is very exciting for us.

“We opted for Aberdeen over other Scottish cities as we had a feeling that people in Aberdeen are more loyal. Edinburgh is more transcient and already well served by clubs. We feel there is a demand in Aberdeen which we can meet.”

The Garage, located on Glasgow’s Sauchiehall Steet, has won a loyal student following since opening in 1994 and has hosted aftershows for the likes of Razorlight, The Darkness and Fun Lovin’ Criminals.

The club is well known for its distinctive exterior which has a truck hanging above the front entrance.

Mr MacLeod said they are yet to decide if their Aberdeen club will have a similar truck of its own.

He added: “Our Aberdeen Garage will be different from Glasgow. We don’t know if there will be the truck outside for example but if we find that there is a demand for that then we will certainly look at it. We are very much looking forward to opening in Aberdeen and we have already started selling tickets for our first gig – the Mark Lanegan Band on August 28. ”

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/arts-culture/37188-two-popular-glasgow-nightspots-to-open-in-aberdeen/

Very pleased with this news. Hopefully the fact its got the folk who own The Garage down in Glasgow behind it we will see a few more bands coming up to Aberdeen for a gig.

I've only been to The Garage once and that was earlier this year to see Swedish legends Meshuggah :applause:

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/arts-culture/37188-two-popular-glasgow-nightspots-to-open-in-aberdeen/

Very pleased with this news. Hopefully the fact its got the folk who own The Garage down in Glasgow behind it we will see a few more bands coming up to Aberdeen for a gig.

I've only been to The Garage once and that was earlier this year to see Swedish legends Meshuggah :applause:

oh my days The Garage is such a fuckin shithole, always full o fat slags or 'stylish neds'!! after a while in Abz itl end up bein just like Liquid........utterly cuntishly mince!!

Campus has potential, but will definately turn into a shitty student hangout like TK's.

Bierhalle need to invest in a place up here, thatd be the business!!

EDIT: i do agree NL about the bands coming up tho, Garage has some pretty decent folk playin every now and then.

I've never heard this term 'stylish neds' - what is this? Is there such a thing?

haha think i just made it up, kane the local cunts fa try to be well dressed, wearin all g-star or gio-goi or some shit theyv bought fae the barra's, along we the same pair o shit shiny shoes. finished off with a 'nice' gold chain, and drinkin the perennial 2 bottles o Tennents for 1.50! in other words..........cunts.

oh my days The Garage is such a fuckin shithole, always full o fat slags or 'stylish neds'!! after a while in Abz itl end up bein just like Liquid........utterly cuntishly mince!!

Campus has potential, but will definately turn into a shitty student hangout like TK's.

Bierhalle need to invest in a place up here, thatd be the business!!

EDIT: i do agree NL about the bands coming up tho, Garage has some pretty decent folk playin every now and then.

Moshulu ended up like that when i became Warehouse. All the rockers moved out, I guess to that place across road Korova?

Warehouse became a breading ground for what looked like a casting evening for Skins.