on the rumours page, Darren mackie thread tere is a debate on who would be classed as the best pound for pound striker in our history

if you had to have three classes who would be in each class here are mine

(from my time of watching the Dons)

1st class- Frank McDougall, without doubt for me the best finisher we have ever had at the club,

Duncan Shearer, again absoulutely lethal with the added arieal presence.

Eric Black, No surprise here eh! but look at his record, scored in every cup final he played, and his ariel prowess and salmon like leap make him fist class for me, after all he was never looked upon as an out and out striker.

2nd class- Arild Stavrum , his goals to game ratio was great but it was his lack of work ethic that stopped him being first class,

Eion Jess, worked hard, scored goals but for me under achieved with his talent ultimately.

Mixu Paatelainen, good striker for in what for me was the most potenet forward line we ever boasted.

Hans Gillhaus, Dutch internationalist and despit hi undoubted pedigree, his sulking, and drooping bottom lip prevented him from being top class.

Charlie Nicholas, a great signing who was finished before coming to Pittodrie, whilst he had great skill and ability for me throught his whole career he went missing to often during games.

Billy Dodds, his goal scoring record stands up to scrutiny well, and he should have been around longer to score more goals,

3rd class, Scott Vernon, Scott Booth, #

and finally no class

Darren Mackie, Leon Mike, Tommy Wright.

on the rumours page, Darren mackie thread tere is a debate on who would be classed as the best pound for pound striker in our history

1st class- Frank McDougall, without doubt for me the best finisher we have ever had at the club,

Eric Black, No surprise here eh! but look at his record, scored in every cup final he played, and his ariel prowess and salmon like leap make him fist class for me, after all he was never looked upon as an out and out striker.

2nd class- Arild Stavrum , his goals to game ratio was great but it was his lack of work ethic that stopped him being first class,

Eion Jess, worked hard, scored goals but for me under achieved with his talent ultimately.

Mixu Paatelainen, good striker for in what for me was the most potenet forward line we ever boasted.

Hans Gillhaus, Dutch internationalist and despit hi undoubted pedigree, his sulking, and drooping bottom lip prevented him from being top class.

Charlie Nicholas, a great signing who was finished before coming to Pittodrie, whilst he had great skill and ability for me throught his whole career he went missing to often during games.

Billy Dodds, his goal scoring record stands up to scrutiny well, and he should have been around longer to score more goals,

and finally no class

to be added to no class: magennis, paton, hinds..............blaha

and finally no class

Mcghee had a slightly better goals per game ratio than Stavrum.

He does say "from my time of watching the Dons" so maybe it was before his time or even before his time just watching

But if not you cant exclude arguably the best pound for pound striker Aberdeen ever had (no pun intended)

Lol - i'm just old!!

Tried to put them into 3 groups but found it easier to put them into 5.

1st -Shearer, MacDougall, Ghillaus, Nicohlas

2nd - Jess, Black

3rd- Hewitt, Booth, Mixu, Stavrum, Windass

4th, - Irvine, Wright, Vernon, Falconer, Lee Miller, Dodds (Davie & Billy).

4.5th Zero, Dadi

5th - All the rest

Lovell 1st v Rangers 5th against everyone else

Some may be harshly judged and some a bit generous,

And I proberly missed someone obvious, and Jess was used in midfield blah blah etc

• Site Sponsor

and finally no class

Joe Harper

Followed by Frankie Boy. No-one else comes close.

I'm talking about pure strikers here.

McDougall

Gillhaus

Black

Shearer

Those four are in my top % for having seen play.

That's not in any particular order after McDougall who was without doubt, in my opinion, the greatest striker Aberdeen have ever had.

I'm sure Fergie also said he's the best striker he's ever bought which is saying something as he's bought some fair players in his time.

Every Dons fan should get pished in the Crit at least once a year to help fund Frank McDougall's retirement.

Don't think he owns it any more. Upped and left Aberdeen last season.

Not sure if still owns it though but think he got rid as pub was closed a while back then.

Don't think he owns it any more. Upped and left Aberdeen last season.

Not sure if still owns it though but think he got rid as pub was closed a while back then.

Not sure how strict Aberdeen city council is with regards to revoking licences to run / own a pub, McDougall was charged and fined for being drunk in charge of his own pub, and prior to that he was caught drink driving. every chance when his licence was up for renewal it was refused on the basis he was not a fit and proper person to hold one due to the police charges.

• 2 weeks later...