All The Best To Hjk Helsinki

Two goals tonight from the Finns should be enough to see Celtic out on their arse and some early season panic in the tattiedome boardroom.

All the best to the Finns.

Hmmm...yes and no...if we are to get the second CL place back the tims need to do something meaningful this season.

• Downvote 3

Hmmm...yes and no...if we are to get the second CL place back the tims need to do something meaningful this season.

I'd rather not have the 2nd Champions League place and see Celtic get knocked out at the first hurdle consistently, thereby worsening our co-efficient and hopefully giving them more qualifiers to get through in future, meaning disaster for their long term budget.

We need to be good enough to win the SPL before we're going to be good enough to compete in Europe.

So that argument is a nonsense, usually peddled by the Old Firm it has to be said.

• Upvote 1

Oh aye, swelling their coffers with a run in the Champions League is exactly what we require, just so we can get papped out in the qualifiers of the Champions League. This is the time we need to rein Celtic back in, not hope that they can extend their financial dominance.

Fuck them.

If we want Champions League football, we should be looking to win the SPL.

Exactly.

I'd rather not have the 2nd Champions League place and see Celtic get knocked out at the first hurdle consistently, thereby worsening our co-efficient and hopefully giving them more qualifiers to get through in future, meaning disaster for their long term budget.

We need to be good enough to win the SPL before we're going to be good enough to compete in Europe.

So that argument is a nonsense, usually peddled by the Old Firm it has to be said.

:laughing:

couldn't disagree more with redstar and mt, hope the tims get gubbed tonight, and if hooper picks up a minor injury ruling him out on saturday even better.

Certainly agree with bolded...I don't know...I'd like to see them get past the qualifying stages nothing more...Scottish Football has a bad enough name for quality...if Celtic make a complete cu*t of it , it just confirms the widely held belief that our game is in terminal decline...would also piss the hun off no end

To what percentage would you say the progress of Celtic benefits:

Celtic.

The rest of Scottish football through increasing the magical and oft quoted 'co-efficient'.

I would say 95%.

To 5%.

So the argument that we should somehow want them to do well is utter nonsense.

Couple that with the fact that Celtic benefit DIRECTLY from progress whereas the others benefit INDIRECTLY at best from a better co-efficient and you have to say that any fan of Aberdeen hoping they do well is at best insane, at worst a closet tim.