Hoofball seems to have gone, cadger was excellent, naysmith is hard as fuck and as i said before oz at rb is a no brainer allows jack to play in midfield, we need a striker with mobility to complete the squad

Agree with the above...thought Hayes looks good as well...I'd argue after the "Clanger" incident I'd be inclined to pull the stops out to get a decent keeper if there is money available...if there is no money sack Leighton to free up some cash... he's a waste of space

Also, so that's what a left back looks like!

Anderson capable, certainly brings calm and organisation and will talk Considine through games.

Ossie at RB will do especially if it frees Jack.

Rae and Hughes can do the closing job, Milsom will give us a more creative option. Will also free Robertson up the park a bit which is another option again

Have to give the front three time to gel unless we have more funds in the pot. Either a striker or CH cover for me (can Anderson last a season? Also McCardle would have done this bench warming job no?) if we've any money at all. Only one Number1 for me now.

Positives? Plenty.

We matched Celtic without them causing us any real problems.

Their only chances were courtesy of long range strikes by Commons, and Ledley's one where he got a lucky break of the ball to get a shot away.

Anderson was absolutely immense. He's going to make a huge difference to the whole club if he stays fit, he spreads confidence.

Naysmith was also excellent, an early reducer on Kayal completely neutralised him. His passing down the flank was sharp as well.

Midfield was at times very ponderous on the ball, but Hayes looked good, if we can get the ball to him in the final third he can do some damage.

Vernon was off the boil I thought, I'd have replaced him with Fallon after 65 minutes as he lacked sharpness.

Langfield was solid until he made a horrendous mistake. All he had to do was put his foot on the ball ffs. That one lapse undermined his previous good work and again calls into question his concentration. It was precisely because he had little to do that he got caught, but at the highest level he needs to maintain that focus and he did not or could not.

So Celtic were lucky to win. A draw would have been a fair result.

We were unlucky, and I thought we played very well in spells.

The obvious difference between the two sides was Wanyama who mopped up everything we could muster going forward and then took the game to us in the latter stages. He was a class well above anyone else on the park.

• Upvote 1

I just thought Vernon looked off the boil, he had one chance and he snatched at it which is unlike him.

Fraser came on and did nothing. At least Fallon may have given them something to think about as they moved Wanyama forward to chase the winning goal meaning there was a gap to exploit (before they scored).

Same time as Naysmith came off he should have taken Fallon on in my opinion.

• Downvote 1

I just thought Vernon looked off the boil, he had one chance and he snatched at it which is unlike him.

Fraser came on and did nothing. At least Fallon may have given them something to think about as they moved Wanyama forward to chase the winning goal meaning there was a gap to exploit (before they scored).

Same time as Naysmith came off he should have taken Fallon on in my opinion.

He only got 10mins...thought he was a decent addition...looked willing to take players on and should be given longer if he is going to be used as a sub...next to Jack he is the best prospect from the youth system

We need a keeper, striker and a goal scoring midfielder.

Otherwise we won't be anywhere near top 2.

Disagree, goalkeeper yes. That's it. I think we're well enough covered in most areas. We matched Celtic all day yesterday and if that's the best in this league then I'm very optimistic for the season ahead as we looked solid across the team.

Positives? Plenty.

We matched Celtic without them causing us any real problems.

Their only chances were courtesy of long range strikes by Commons, and Ledley's one where he got a lucky break of the ball to get a shot away.

Anderson was absolutely immense. He's going to make a huge difference to the whole club if he stays fit, he spreads confidence.

Naysmith was also excellent, an early reducer on Kayal completely neutralised him. His passing down the flank was sharp as well.

Midfield was at times very ponderous on the ball, but Hayes looked good, if we can get the ball to him in the final third he can do some damage.

Vernon was off the boil I thought, I'd have replaced him with Fallon after 65 minutes as he lacked sharpness.

Langfield was solid until he made a horrendous mistake. All he had to do was put his foot on the ball ffs. That one lapse undermined his previous good work and again calls into question his concentration. It was precisely because he had little to do that he got caught, but at the highest level he needs to maintain that focus and he did not or could not.

So Celtic were lucky to win. A draw would have been a fair result.

We were unlucky, and I thought we played very well in spells.

The obvious difference between the two sides was Wanyama who mopped up everything we could muster going forward and then took the game to us in the latter stages. He was a class well above anyone else on the park.

Agree with all of this, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wanyama in the premiership next season, an obvious class above. There is no excuses for Langfield, he should be dropped after that catastrophe.

I'd also add that Ryan Jack is a future star!

Agree with all of this, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wanyama in the premiership next season, an obvious class above. There is no excuses for Langfield, he should be dropped after that catastrophe.

I'd also add that Ryan Jack is a future star!

Agreed. I was critical of him a few seasons ago as i felt there was too much hype surrounding him and he looked out of his depth, but he came on in leaps and bounds last season and proved yesterday that midfield probably is his best position. He did seem to struggle against Samaras and once switched with Ozzy was brilliant

Positives:

- All three signings looked they would be very useful additions to the squad. (will hopefully have a better idea about what McGinn and Hayes can offer when we play next week)

- Anderson looked as good as ever and him and Considine should be a good partnership

- There was some really good passing and play at various points in the game

- We restricted the Champions and "definite 2012/13 winners" to pop shots from distance.

Shame we didn't get a point as it would have been a good start to the season and something to take confidence from. The overall performance should hopefully instil confidence, despite the result.

• Site Sponsor

Biggest positive for AFC is that Clangers has played his last game ever for the club.

If he gets picked again, then the management are either incompetent or don't give a fuck about either winning or the fans, or all three.

You are correct but I have a horrible feeling that Broon will stick with Clangers.

I think Broon is a thran auld radge who winna be telt and despite how many blunders clangfeld has had I think he will be given another shotty to "prove the doubters wrong".

For me, clangfield should never pull on an Aberdeen shirt again - he's bottled it too many times.

Broon's lack of comment on the Clangers blunder, preferring to blame the defence for not defending a corner, speaks volumes.

Under Broon, Clangers will make more appearances as he will have to justify giving the clown another two year deal rather than go and look for a better keeper who won't bottle it like Clangers invariably does.

In short, I don't think we have seen the last of the Boy Blunder.

Jack was indeed really good yesterday, and quelle surprise very little got past Osbourne either.

We shit ourselves a when we got past the halfway line though, Milsom perhaps would have added a bit more thrust and quality on the ball than some of the others in there.

Would've been nice to have got something yesterday, but proper consistency against the other 10 will dictate how our season goes.

The Clark substitution was a weird one for me. Unless Milsom was injured he should have been on. When Wanyama moved in to midfield, the Aberdeen midfield struggled to pass it round as much and we were losing the ball much more frequently. Could have done with someone more able than Clark on the ball coming on...

• Site Sponsor

The Clark substitution was a weird one for me. Unless Milsom was injured he should have been on. When Wanyama moved in to midfield, the Aberdeen midfield struggled to pass it round as much and we were losing the ball much more frequently. Could have done with someone more able than Clark on the ball coming on...

Correct.

Fail to understand why milsom wasn't used and if injured, why on the bench.

Did Clark actually touch the ball or put in a tackle when how came on?

Another who should never have been given a contract.

Vernon looked off the pace and lacking sharpness cause he was playing on the wing to accommodate a winger playing up front. :dontknow:

Another strange one. Think Brown was looking for more pace in the middle and someone taller to match up against Matthews at full back, should they choose to/need to go long. Vernon would have had even less of an influence on the game at centre forward.

Thought the same. Would have been better putting on Fraser at that moment instead of Clark and then Milsom later on.

• Site Sponsor
1344178256[/url]' post='800127']

Correct.

Fail to understand why milsom wasn't used and if injured, why on the bench.

Did Clark actually touch the ball or put in a tackle when how came on?

Another who should never have been given a contract.

If Langfield and Clark are ever on the pitch again together then forget any prospect of a decent season. They are both shite.

for what its worth, i thought hughes and hayes were pretty dissapointing

hughes constantly trying fancy wee flicks when he should concentrate on getting the basics right

rae and osbourne were fucking titans

oh and anderson can NOT pass!

Agree with this.

Hughes once again playing poorly. Milsom should have been on for him.

Vernon shouldnt have been on the Left Wing.

Our substitutions were the opposite of what 90% of Aberdeen fans would have made.

That aside, our back four looked excellent. Front 3 put in a great shift, and Rae was outstanding in the middle of the park.