What Are You Having For Your Lunch?

tup

I got my cholesterol checked today. Blood pressure perfect yet again - which might surprise a few on here - but cholesterol was high last time.

It's genetic. My folks both had it. My ma was 12 point something and my da is on statins but they're doing cool now in their late 70's.

Fucked if I'm ever taking chemicals like statins though. I'm giving up smoking in March. That's my contribution to self-preservation.

My diet is good the vast majority of the time. No idea what I'll have for lunch today though.

my lowest point was during my takeaway years when i was over in aberdeen for the weekend.

went to my docs opposite the dutch mill to get my ears syringed.

nurse wanted to update her details with my height/weight etc then proceeded to lecture me on food and weight. all of this for blocked up ears.

have always had good blood pressure though.

Crisps is a weird one. When I was a kid in the 70's, I loved the original Paprika Smith's crisps but I've not eaten crisps at all since the age of 13 or 14. I just don't like them. My instinct says no. Of course I've tasted a few since then, including Pringles and Kettle and designer brands but I don't care for them. I will eat the equivalent of no more than half a dozen small bags p.a., usually nacho types with dips but the obsession that many Brits have with crisps is frightening. This is very unique to the UK. Other countries consumption is substantially less than the Brits, with the Scots in particular being terrible, fighting hard to retain the sick man of Europe tag.

What about fizzy drinks RS you drink alot of them?

Can I not get a slagging for my severe contradictory advice too? I'm busy pointing out the evils of fizzy juice and crisps yet had a McDonalds.

Better min. Much better. I'm keeping my eye on your diet for you.

I got my cholesterol checked today. Blood pressure perfect yet again - which might surprise a few on here - but cholesterol was high last time.

It's genetic. My folks both had it. My ma was 12 point something and my da is on statins but they're doing cool now in their late 70's.

Fucked if I'm ever taking chemicals like statins though. I'm giving up smoking in March. That's my contribution to self-preservation.

My diet is good the vast majority of the time. No idea what I'll have for lunch today though.

Duly noted, you are now on the 'contrdictory c*nt' list :checkit:

Cans of Coke I think, but not many.

Cashew nuts are lethal, I've got a bag of them here which I intend scoffing, so a revision to my list to include:

1 x bag of cashew nuts.

local market here has a nut stall.

paenuts, cashews and macadamis are all lovely when roasted, and warm

i often get a bag of macadamias. fine.

I was on a flight to Tenerife years back - I ate that many pistachio nuts that my tongue turned green.

I did make myself sick, so I limit my intake now - but I can never say no to cashew nuts. My snack choice in the pub...if the pub sells them.

On a side note, in October this year I'll have been an AFC Chat member for 7 years, fucking hell. I'd love to know how much work hours I've wasted on here.

Over a million posts a year though, impressive.

I was on a flight back from Alicante and someone on the flight informed the crew that they had a nut allergy, so no nuts were allowed to be sold and if you had brought any on, if you were caught eating them you were in deep shit. Nut allergies :gay:

Cans of Coke I think, but not many.

Cashew nuts are lethal, I've got a bag of them here which I intend scoffing, so a revision to my list to include:

1 x bag of cashew nuts.

I agree, cashew nuts are probably the most underated nuts.

Today I am having

1x chicken soup,

3 x cheese and crackers (wensleydale with cranberry)

A handful of Walkers Sensations Smoked Chili nuts

A cake that one of the birds at work made.

Do you drink alot of fizzy juice Tup?

Probably more than is healthy aye, that is my real weakness, a cold tin of Coke just blows the cobwebs off in a way no other liquid beverage can achieve.

It's only ever Coke, Pepsi or Irn-Bru I drink, never any of those other imposter soft drinks.

But I could do with cutting it out, the problem is if you are dry about the mooth, nothing else will quench your thirst in the same manner.

Catch 22.

pepsi max gads. with a ll the shite in it it is probably worse for you than the full monty stuff

Hence how I only drink 2 or 3 cans a week. Don't care what folk say about diet fizzy drinks, would rather take my chances with what's in them, rather than 30 odd grams of sugar in every can of full fat shit.