What Are You Having For Your Lunch?

tup

Corned beef hash last night - no cabbage in it though - cubed the boiled tatties, sautéed the onion, bunged in the tatties and fried it off for a wee while before folding in a tin of Pricess corned beef - served with a s side of oatcakes.

Thought there might have been some left over for lunch today but no, scoffed the lot last night.  

13 minutes ago, sigh said:

Corned beef hash last night - no cabbage in it though - cubed the boiled tatties, sautéed the onion, bunged in the tatties and fried it off for a wee while before folding in a tin of Pricess corned beef - served with a s side of oatcakes.

Thought there might have been some left over for lunch today but no, scoffed the lot last night.  

Solid heterosexual fare. 

Good work. 

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Loses a point for sautéing the onions instead of just frying them though.

Theres a bit too much sautéing and red wine reductions going on in the world i have to agree. 

I make a turbo hash on occasion out here in Congo, jug, sachet of Smash, mix, stir in Corned Beef, tub of microwaved baked beans on top, broon saas. 2 minutes all in for piping hot hash in the African Savanna. 

The dark natives look at it in utter disgust. 

7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What’s Smash actually like? My old mum refused to buy it back in the day. 

Probably not as bad as everyone makes out. 

Mixed in with salt n pepper and a knobend of butter its a quick and easy alternative. 

Ive had folk who absolutely refused to eat it down to some bad experience in the 1980s try it and be quite surprised by its charms. 

16 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Probably got a fish finger up that monstrosity of a nose you have.

I can only respect it. 

You've waited for a way in after my haircut jibe the other day, and I respect it. 

You found it in the WYHFL thread. 

That's a hat veteran right there.