The Duke Of Edinburgh

Big Man

I always thought it was odd that he didn't attend the Olympic closing ceremony.

I think he's been ill for days and this is the first we are hearing of it because he's suddenly taken a bad turn.

Edit: Harry looked like he had thoughts that were laying heavy on his mind as well if i remember correctly.

smiley_sherlock.gif

This is the guy who didn't want to shake the hand of some African dignitary in case the guy nicked his watch... and referred to Chinese as 'slanty-eyed'.

I don't usually like Royalty, but I will say this about Phil... I don't like him either.

Nope - DofE doesn't get you one... So stop planning your day offs.... Just the Queen, Prince of Wales, and WIlliam at a push...

There are no specific rules for State Funerals. Although a few years ago the DofE refused a State Funeral (he just wants a private funeral) so there will be no holiday when he dies.

Nope - DofE doesn't get you one... So stop planning your day offs.... Just the Queen, Prince of Wales, and WIlliam at a push...

If they're all culled in a plane crash or something then, we're looking at nearly a week off.

Old Phil is pretty funny tbf, some of his comments were class :thumbup1:

I actually like him

Not a big fan of the royal family, but dont think they actually do any harm.

but if I could keep one of them, it would be this man, a proper old school deluded gent reminds me of my grandad says things exactly as they are, non of this PC crap, but because of the liberal left who make the most noise in this country, he is considered as a racist.

Even if he is a German/greek or what ever country he came from, who cares.

Bloke seems like a loveable sort of man who would be an ace uncle, I personely wish him no harm and I bet he would be great laugh, he aint really done any harm to anyone really, so hope he pulls through.

Some classics here

When asked if he would like to visit the Soviet Union: "I would like to go to Russia very much, although the bastards murdered half my family."

The Duke said to Tom Jones after his Royal Variety Performance: "What do you gargle with, pebbles?".

He later added: "It is very difficult at all to see how it is possible to become immensely valuable by singing what I think are the most hideous songs."

On the Royal Family's finances: "We go into the red next year. I shall probably have to give up polo."

On a tour of Canada: "We don't come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves."

During the recession he mused: