Players Out On Loan

Last year we had a few players out on loan, mostly at Brechin I think. I haven't heard of any who are on loan just now. In view of the size of the squad, shouldn't Brown be thinking of at least some of the fringe players getting some decent match practice. With no reserve league some of these lads must hardly ever get a game.

Obvious candidates are Paton, who doesn't seem to fit in, Pawlett, who needs games to see if he can make it. If some of these younger lads are going to succeed, they need experience. A run out as an 80th minute sub is hardly going to do it, maybe a short loan with a review in January would be an answer.

Last year we had a few players out on loan, mostly at Brechin I think. I haven't heard of any who are on loan just now. In view of the size of the squad, shouldn't Brown be thinking of at least some of the fringe players getting some decent match practice. With no reserve league some of these lads must hardly ever get a game.

Obvious candidates are Paton, who doesn't seem to fit in, Pawlett, who needs games to see if he can make it. If some of these younger lads are going to succeed, they need experience. A run out as an 80th minute sub is hardly going to do it, maybe a short loan with a review in January would be an answer.

He's been given ample oppurtunity to see if "he can make it".

Pish. Get rid.

whats wrong with fallon?

He's just not very good imo

Vernon is a better striker than him although admittedly Fallon has a little more to his all round game than Vernon.

Fallon is a good hold up player & also appears to have the odd wonder goal in him but Vernon is a better penalty box striker.

Fallon probably would have have been a better option (in hindsight) for the celtic game (& County if he'd been fit) but that's irrelevant now.

Vernon will come good again once the team settles into a more confident & coordinated unit & I hope this happens sooner rather than bloody later.

All just my opinion though :dontknow:

Apart from being unable to control the ball when it came anywhere near him....

He did at least put in some effort though - maybe the Stockport manager was watching?

Indeed.

Failing to see why many were impressed with him.

Had a decent shot from distance, but even then he should have passed to a team mate (canna mind fa') who was in a far better position to score.

Slightly better than absolutely fucking hopeless (as he has been for last 2 years) is still nae very good.

Paton played very well against Man Utd, I think he should be given a few games.

Pawlett is falling in the pecking order due to injury so might be best for him and us if he went out on loan and was able to play games. Would love to see how he gets on playing every week as I still think he's an exciting young player.

You can't say a player deserves a run on the basis of a performance in a testimonial.

It was played at a snails pace, and for the last 20 minutes, there were players in the ir 50's on the park!