Paralympics 2012

Three members of the Jordanian Paralympic squad charged with various offences in relation to an allegation of sexual assault:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-19337913

A 23-year-old-man has been charged with two counts of sexual activity with a child, one count of sexual assault on a woman and voyeurism.

A 35-year-old man has been charged with two counts of causing sexual activity with a child.

A 36-year-old man has been charged with one count of sexual assault against a woman.

Good luck Big Man, do you think you've got a chance?

Oopsies. It would appear you are in breach of forum rules 4, 6 and 10.

I'm afraid i've had to use the report function on you. If you do insist on contributing (i use that word in the loosest possible sense) then try and keep it on topic.

Cheers,

BM

Oopsies. It would appear you are in breach of forum rules 4, 6 and 10.

I'm afraid i've had to use the report function on you. If you do insist on contributing (i use that word in the loosest possible sense) then try and keep it on topic.

Cheers,

BM

I was wishing you good luck in your events. I'm pretty impressed you can manage two events like. How do youswim with your wheelchair?

As for Forum Rules, nae idea they existed, had to go looking for them..and found this...

4. As much as we like to let people have their say, we don't allow false scandals or unproven allegations about individuals to be posted on the public forum. AFC Chat has to abide by the laws of defamation, and anything which may contravene these laws will be removed.

6. While we all like a wind up now and again, we don't encourage "fishing" on the football forums - any issues regarding this will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

10. Do not reveal personal information of other forum users such as names and personal conversations.

So, I'm confused?

Three members of the Jordanian Paralympic squad charged with various offences in relation to an allegation of sexual assault:

A 23-year-old-man has been charged with two counts of sexual activity with a child, one count of sexual assault on a woman and voyeurism.

A 35-year-old man has been charged with two counts of causing sexual activity with a child.

A 36-year-old man has been charged with one count of sexual assault against a woman.

They probably weren't eligible for the Paralympics until the sentence for their previous convictions was carried out :itch-chin:

Paralympics start tonight.

Always thought that Paralympic was somehow related to being a paraplegic but it isn't and doesn't make sense as it isn't just paraplegic competitors that take part. The official line sounds like a load of old tosh.

The source of the term "Paralympic" is unclear. The name was originally coined as a portmanteau combining "paraplegic" and "Olympic". The inclusion of other disability groups rendered this explanation inappropriate. The present formal explanation for the name is that it derives from the Greek preposition παρά, pará ("beside" or "alongside") and thus refers to a competition held in parallel with the Olympic Games. The Summer Games of 1988 held in Seoul was the first time the term "Paralympic" came into official use.

If the olympic athlete's humility put footballers to shame then the competitors here will top that with bells on.

Should be good.

png-17.png

Paralympics start tonight.

Always thought that Paralympic was somehow related to being a paraplegic but it isn't and doesn't make sense as it isn't just paraplegic competitors that take part. The official line sounds like a load of old tosh.

The source of the term "Paralympic" is unclear. The name was originally coined as a portmanteau combining "paraplegic" and "Olympic". The inclusion of other disability groups rendered this explanation inappropriate. The present formal explanation for the name is that it derives from the Greek preposition παρά, par

Frankie Boyle

Outspoken comedian Frankie Boyle has again courted controversy after he joked on Twitter that the Saudi Arabian Paralympic team were 'mainly thieves'.

The comment - a reference to how Saudis have amputated criminals' hands as punishment for stealing - was one of several provocative messages posted by the Scottish comic during the Paralympics opening ceremony.

Wow, Austrian Paralympians seem a lot more able-bodied than most regular Scottish people :laughing:

Making the most of there holiday, they can't be blamed.

Have loved these games. I didn't watch much at the beginning, I think because I had missed most of the Olympics due to being on holiday and I didn't have the enthusiasm. However it has been great and have learned a lot about disability sport.

Interesting debates over the use of disabled with some calling for another word to be used. Also what will the legacy of the paralympics be. Some are more optimistic than others.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Watching this parade all day whilst browsing the net, funny moment when Wifey asks a School kid if hes been watching the Paralympics too? His reply "Yeah its alright not as good as the real Olympics though" was funny as she runs off. The whole day they spent trying to tell everyone that they are just the same games nowadays.

I notice all the Olympic tat is getting hawked cheap as fuck now in stores nationwide.

Who in their right mind is going to buy it at this stage.

My guess is that the cost of the Olympics was so utterly outrageous that media outlets were told to ram it down the nation's throats that the whole thing was life-changing and the best thing to happen since bread came in slices.

This is before they announce the total cost to us, to cushion the blow.

In my opinion both the real Olympics and the Paralympics were complete pish and I would not have opened the curtains to watch it if it was taking place in my back gairden.