10 Years Ago (Almost)

Bored!!!! So got looking through some old pictures, canna believe this game was 10 years ago next week, my first real away game in europe. Was trying to find some pictures of it on the net but must have been before the bebo's and facebook's etc

Anyways it was the team that night that surprised me- how many of that team were promoted from the youths 11 out of the 17 if im not mistaken?

Nistru Otaci - 0 Aberdeen - 0

P Kjaer, E Deloumeaux, J McAllister, R Anderson, P McGuire, D Young, D Young, K McNaughton, F Tiernan, R Bisconti, L: D'Jaffo

Subs: L Mike, D Preece, D Mackie, C Clark, R O'Donoghue, S Michie, S Payne

Remember Young and Bisconti being brilliant in midfield - thats about it. Actually remember them hitting the bar in the last minute which made me poop my pants.

Anyways pointless thread - which im sure will find its way to the bottom of the page in no time.

676852817a4074041552b689603413l.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nistru Otaci - 0 Aberdeen - 0

P Kjaer, E Deloumeaux, J McAllister, R Anderson, P McGuire, D Young, D Young, K McNaughton, F Tiernan, R Bisconti, L: D'Jaffo

Subs: L Mike, D Preece, D Mackie, C Clark, R O'Donoghue, S Michie, S Payne

That, sir, is a fucking terrible team even by today's standards.

Mackie, McAllister, Michie, Tiernan, Deloumeaux... TWO fucking Youngs... Clark, Mike, D'Jaffo, Preece, Stephen 'Beckham' Payne, and Ross O'Donoghue.....

Holy Fucking Shite Aberdeen Team, Batman!

Thing about that team was is they did lack ability - but they all worked for each other - and they all burst a gut every week, you cant say any of that team lacked effort.

Would also say that the best teams are often teams who have played together from a very young age, there are exceptions of course, Man City being one - but you seen how much money they had to spent to get to where they are now.