Atmosphere

Standing end behind the goal (at new ground?). Would improve overall enjoyment of game for some anyway and not restrict those that prefer to sits view. Common sense though innit so I doubt it will happen.

Hillsborough 1989 and Hampden 1980 will probably make it unlikely for standing or alcohol.

Scousers, Yorkshire police and the scum from Glasgow have a lot to answer for

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

THIS IS A FORUM. This is where words and ideas get exchanged. You are out of your fucking depth so STOP WASTING OUR BREATH.

You fucking retarded piece of shite.

I've actually read a lot of his past comments RS , He's that annoying bit of chewing gum that sticks to your shoe nothing more nothing less ... He cannot debate or comment or give meaning to anything on this forum.

Anyway Roberto if you do read this, It's funny how you can't even talk about it properly, Never mind eh ! ... Go to another forum where you'll be loved cause I ain't biting.

• Upvote 1

People that have belief in Aberdeen FC, This went tatties as soon as the Red Ultras moved from the upper dick donald to the South Stand. ) And everything associated with and reasons )

If anyone else can prove me wrong go ahead ... But I went from the age of 16 > 32 and saw this for myself.

Red Ultras ended up believing their own fucking hype and began thinking they were 'truer, better fans' that the rest of us.

If I wanted to be shouted at and have my view of the football obscured I'd have stayed at home, watched it on TV and spent time with the missus.

They also threw their collective rattles before the Teddy Scott flag went round the stadium.

I don't need to comment on anything that involves bigging up the Ultras.

It's utter nonsense what you wrote.

They fucked the support and atmosphere but you'll leave that out huh?

So the demise of the atmosphere went around what season ? I was never a Red Ultra nor would I choose to be but if you go to away games you'll find the atmosphere 10x better than at todders...........

I'll ask you the question why is that ? I know and I'm pretty sure you do as well.

Red Ultras ended up believing their own fucking hype and began thinking they were 'truer, better fans' that the rest of us.

If I wanted to be shouted at and have my view of the football obscured I'd have stayed at home, watched it on TV and spent time with the missus.

They also threw their collective rattles before the Teddy Scott flag went round the stadium.

I'm not defending anything that they did and it was the minority let's face it ..... But I think personally that these are the guys that brought in the atmosphere, I'm sorry but anyway you look at it, As soon as they moved, So did the voice.

So the demise of the atmosphere went around what season ? I was never a Red Ultra nor would I choose to be but if you go to away games you'll find the atmosphere 10x better than at todders...........

I'll ask you the question why is that ? I know and I'm pretty sure you do as well.

I'll have a wee shot at answering that.

At away games the percentage of pished up supporters is higher than at home games.

It is because the support come together as one, nothing to do with the Ultras.

The Ultras (intentionally by some, not intentionally by others) divided the support and fans stopped backing them and it went sour, Mezz tried his hardest for a very long time but there were little cunts who used the Ultras as some sort of super fan term and thought they were above the rest of the support.

The rest of the support turned on them, and when they were trying to start songs didn't bother joining in with said little cunts.

The colour and effort Mezz put in for years was something else, he did try his hardest but it's just a pity the little cunts who latched onto his once good group killed it for him, therefore dividing the fans.

They aren't super fans, they were normal fans just like the rest of us, this is what people disliked - a them v us kind of attitude, and it eventually killed an atmosphere inside Pittodrie.

Away grounds, all the fans are boozed up due to travelling on buses and are up for it a lot more and the support comes together as one, it has nothing to do with the Ultras as you allude to, and infact a bus I went down with once who weren't Ultras were the ones who were starting the songs mostly at that specific away game.

Yes & things like the "normal fans" start sing a song/chant & the "super fans" either refused to join in & started another song/chant to try & cut out the original, or they would sing the same song/chant but after the original started, just to try make it their own or be childish & petty.

Childish things like that was another reason for a lot of "normal fans" to start a dislike for those "super fans"

Displays were ALWAYS fantastic & a great credit to them & something for the club as a whole to be proud of but all the rest just became a joke it's a real shame cos we ALL support the same team & want the same things & no cunt is better than any cunt else & waving a flag doesn't change that point.

My experience of it was that the ultras would try to over sing the "normal fans" songs, or sing the same songs but a line after it started to try & fk it up.

Whoever was causing the fk ups or childishness doesn't matter. What matters is that it just became a complete joke & made the fans (all the fans together) look & sound like numpties & ruined any atmos before it had the chance to begin.

• Upvote 1

"they wouldnt sing my songs"..."so i wont sign theirs"

you ARE aware this just makes you look like a sap from a 1980s musical?

The fk you talking about?

Where did I say I wouldn't sing theirs?

for the record, I just joined in with whatever song was started first (regardless of which group started it) cos i'm not a petty cunt on either side in that sense.

I sing along when a song starts (if i'm of a mood) regardless of who starts it.

They also distanced themselves even further by petty chants of 'We are the atmosphere' or something ridiculous like that.

It wasn't quite those words, but it certainly was a dig at the rest of the support.

Mezz did a good job and put a lot of work into it.

A lot of the older lads were decent.

There was one clown who annoyed me, always wore shades

and thought he was italian.

Example:

Person A stands up and sings 'Stand Free' - few others join in.

Ultra super fans refuse to sing the song, and start their own song.

It's how it worked, and it become absolutely fucking pathetic as you've alluded to.

I give them and especially young (now old ;)) Mezz full support for the displays, but its just a pity the Ultras recruited utter blerts towards the end who used the Ultras as some sort of super fan tag.

As you've said in your recent posts, You'll always get the knobs in groups of people it happens in all football clubs, Mezz himself even says that he wasn't a babysitter so when he was trying to get more people into the group it was south.

Anyway what is the difference between our home support and away ..... People still get pissed or is it because we have all the people in one place in the away support that we become vocal ?