Under 20S

I seem to remember that it was said that AFC would be playing their home Under 20 games at Pittodrie on either Monday or Tuesday nights. Last home game I can understand being moved to Balgownie cos of Simmys testimonial but why in the f*ck are they playing a home game on Monday at Glebe Park Brechin?

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120824/aberdeen-u20s-in-action-on-monday-_2212158_2899093

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

pretty bizarre time to play it once theyve decided to make it PATG at pittodrie.

Was thinking the same. the majority of people will be working at that time as well as the schools still being in. The saturday idea would have been a cracking chance to get a decent attendance for the young lads.

Think the overage players getting the shout to play should probably be Milsom, Magennis and either Naysmith or Clark.

Milsom, if fit to do so, should play, likewise Naysmith. Clark should have absolutely no future at the club so would only be taking the jersey of someone more deserving.

Magennis is Magennis so they'll probably play him to find another position he is shite in.

To my understanding they are only allowed to play two games a season at Pittodrie and the rest have to be somewhere else. Why that is i have no idea, might be something to do with not wanting the pitch to be overused?

They don't have much control over kick off times. If you lok on the SPL website in the under 20's section it's a mix of 2pm kick off's and 7pm kick off's all set by the SPL. Even 7pm tonight would have been good as it wasn't a huge crowd there today.

Did well today as Hibs under 20's haven't played to bad this season, Magennis did very well today i thought as did the lad who scored Gibbons before being subbed. The lad McManus (number 10 i think?) seems good despite not putting away an easy chance in the first half.

see Jordon Brown signed a three and a half year deal today.

the lad is 21 at the weekend.

only seen him play once and suppose he seemed ok but it does seem an unordinarily long contract for someone thats played 1 min of top team football and only another 4 matches on top when counting loan deals

see Jordon Brown signed a three and a half year deal today.

the lad is 21 at the weekend.

only seen him play once and suppose he seemed ok but it does seem an unordinarily long contract for someone thats played 1 min of top team football and only another 4 matches on top when counting loan deals

He should have been getting game time with Nicky Low at Forfar last season but missed the whole year with a knee injury. They must be pretty happy with his recovery to give such a big deal after that.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20121017/young-midfielder-puts-pen-to-paper_2212158_2951386

Aberdeen FC is delighted to announce Jordon Brown has signed a contract extension keeping him at the club until the summer of 2015.

The promising youngster, who recently made his recovery from a cruciate ligament injury, has been a prominent feature in Neil Cooper's Under 20 side and made his first team debut in October against Kilmarnock when he came on as a late substitute.