C.levein

think more than enough has been said on levein very dodgy :wtf: squad selections but just thought i would have a quick moan about this one. i see jonny russell may be off to everton soon. currently he has occasionally made the scotland squad (even though has has been playing regularly which levein loves) but guaranteed if he moves to the EPL and everton he will get picked for the squad (all of a sudden) pretty much every time

think more than enough has been said on levein very dodgy :wtf: squad selections but just thought i would have a quick moan about this one. i see jonny russell may be off to everton soon. currently he has occasionally made the scotland squad (even though has has been playing regularly which levein loves) but guaranteed if he moves to the EPL and everton he will get picked for the squad (all of a sudden) pretty much every time

Aye that's guaranteed. He's just another lazy international manager, who talked a good game when first appointed but then inevitably pandered to the OF. You just need to look at the calling up of Ian Black for further proof of his ineptness

So a good prospect that occasionally makes the Scotland squad moves to a bigger team, plays a better standard of football and then gets called up to more squads is a reason to moan.

Levein has a lot of faults but this isn't a reason to moan about him.

if he gets games, aye fair enough. but the first year doubt he would get more than 3 full 90 mins and its just the fact levein always bangs on about players HAVE to play week in week out (which he is at D UTD). yet it will be very likely he will be selected for the WC qualifiers even if he did get limited games with everton.

if he gets games, aye fair enough. but the first year doubt he would get more than 3 full 90 mins and its just the fact levein always bangs on about players HAVE to play week in week out (which he is at D UTD). yet it will be very likely he will be selected for the WC qualifiers even if he did get limited games with everton.

He won't play in every qualifier, that's just nonsense. J Russell will be well down the pecking order unless he plays in the Everton line up every week and takes the league by storm.

Plenty reasons to moan aboot Levein and I don't want him there but I don't see why anyone needs to make up a reason to have a dig at him when there are already plenty other flaws to pick on

However, you're both missing the point.

It's obvious Russell is a very good player, right now.

So why has he never been considered?

Rhetorical question, the answer being he plays for Dundee Utd.

Suddenly Everton show some recognition of his talent and he's a first pick.

Reactionary management at it's very worst.

I'm starting to lose the faith I had in Levein.

Bear in mind he justified the inclusion of Black of the franchise on the basis that he was excellent for Hearts last season.

Yet he was never called up during this spell of excellence.

So it seems Levein takes the typical weegia view which is that nobody outside the top two should be considered regardless of piffling details such as scoring goals every week against exactly the same teams as the cunts who play for the filth.

Ironically, the slack jawed prick played for Dundee Utd and managed them making his stance all the more baffling.

I think he's been drinking to excess in recent times evidenced by the grey stubbly 'crisis beard', shellsuit, and baseball cap combo he's been cutting a swathe in of late.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I'd say he's less likely to get picked for Scotland if he's sitting on his arse warming the bench every week.

And on the off chance he gets in to the Everton team and stays there, of course he'll get picked and rightly so.

As much as Levein is an arse, you are picking faults for the sake of it this one.

Let's hope you both remember and can be arsed because it's going to be a cold day in hell if it turns out I'm wrong, it's never happened before.

Get to your bed and get a good nights sleep and recharge your batteries, because franlkly the perpetual can/canna be arsed debtate which revolves around mundane tasks in life was invented by and perpetuated by weemin. Sheer weemin talk, 'oh I canna be arsed' they say as if the world owes them a favour.

A man should always be arsed, even if it's something he canna be arsed with.

To object is to show weakness.

Fair play to you though, you need to be on your 'A' game to debate with me so I fully understand why you chickened out this evening.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The Black call-up was the final straw for me. Simply no justification for it.

1) The boy is piss poor.

2) If he played so well last season why wasn't he called up for the USA game?

3) He's a dirty little Hun.

Levein has bottle as an SPL manager and I liked it. He stuck up for his United team and made them what they are/have been for the last few years. However, his Scotland tenure has been unsuccessful and I expect it to come to an end sooner rather than later.

Levein has bottle as an SPL manager and I liked it. He stuck up for his United team and made them what they are/have been for the last few years. However, his Scotland tenure has been unsuccessful and I expect it to come to an end sooner rather than later.

That fucktard Regan is as clueless as Levein.

He's probably got himself a job for life...on the proviso that he panders to Sevco agendas as standard.

I think he's been drinking to excess in recent times evidenced by the grey stubbly 'crisis beard', shellsuit, and baseball cap combo he's been cutting a swathe in of late.

I'm not sure he's been drinking, but something is going on. If I made a habit of turning up for work in the state that he does, it wouldn't be long before I was shown the door. I think he's been slowly losing his marbles since the Czech game. Levein is a stubborn minded individual - some would say arrogant - I don't think he's been able to handle the barrage of criticism that's been aimed in his direction, as Scotland have lurched from one embarrassment to the next.

The bottom line is that the Scotland job was just too big for Craig Levein.

The Ian Black debacle is just the lastest in a long line of completely bizarre decisions. I know most people are fed-up of the whole S. Fletcher situation, but surely Levein has to be the bigger man here? Meet up with him, face-to-face and thrash it out like grown men, instead of this petty, schoolgirl stand-off that we've had to endure for the past couple of seasons.

Levein, is and always been an arrogant, thrawn cunt. Anyone who had faith in him at start need their heads examined, he had zero track record, a certain tanned one was more successful but was nowhere near the job. Got to look back and examine who appointed him ........Gordon Smith a total incompetent. Levein was the cheap option that is why he was hired.

The Black call-up was the final straw for me. Simply no justification for it.

1) The boy is piss poor.

2) If he played so well last season why wasn't he called up for the USA game?

3) He's a dirty little Hun.

He WAS called up but pulled out due to injury! Few times it's been asked in this thread about USA game but he was called up and it was on his form for hearts as he was still on their books at the time

Levein, is and always been an arrogant, thrawn cunt. Anyone who had faith in him at start need their heads examined, he had zero track record, a certain tanned one was more successful but was nowhere near the job. Got to look back and examine who appointed him ........Gordon Smith a total incompetent. Levein was the cheap option that is why he was hired.

SFA ... Says it all really. When I said that I wanted Steve Clarke ( Now West Brom Manager ).. He was the given choice as his track record is better than potter's .. AND he's only been a assistant manager.