Unhealthy Glaswegians

looksgoodinred

Glaswegians die younger than other Britons and nobody knows why.

Even in wealthy neighbourhoods mortality rates are 15% higher than in similar districts of other big cities. In rougher parts the difference is starker. A study by the Glasgow Centre for Population Health found that between 2003 and 2007 there were 4,500 more deaths in the city than might have been expected given the age and poverty of the population. Glaswegians between 15 and 44 are especially likely to die before Liverpudlians and Mancunians of the same age group.

People have a tendency to blame Glasgow

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's probably a combination of all factors.

* Stabbing each other. Weegies LOVE stabbing each other.

* Diet. Deep fried Mars Bars and Chips won't do much to lower health problems.

* Cheap, toxic alcohol. ie. Buckie and El D... and rarely will you see a travelling Weeg without his carrier bag full of Superlager

* Inbreeding. Inbreeding's going to pass on all those congenital defects.

* Being Constantly Gallus. That has to take a physical toll, trying to be gallus just every waking second.

* Domestic abuse. According to Strathclyde police, domestic abuse DOUBLES after a game of football. And given the norm is DOUBLE the national average on a good day...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I'd put it down to natural selection.

My favourite comment. :hysterical:

My observations from living there:

Having Buckie on tap means that Weegies will never grasp the concept of moderation. Aye big man, I'll hae a pint o wine when ur ready.

Sunbed salons on every street must do wonders for skin cancer rates.

Glass bottles of irn bru. So kids come to school and adults go to work e numbered out their Tits with a violent weapon to hand.

Having a Blue Lagoon chop shop on every street corner must do wonders for heart disease and cancer

Selling illegal tobacco at the Barras at knock down prices and never getting shut down from doing so.

Living in a society where there are Catholic schools and non denominational schools which fuel hatred and violence when in other parts of the country you go to one school and get along.

The area of Calton has a life expectancy of 54 I think it was. Iraq has a higher life expectancy than that.

Wonder how many of the folk on here who constantly slag off Glasgow have spent any time there apart from trips to Mordor and Parkned :sherlock: It has it's fair share of shite bits, like anywhere, but the west end is as good any area as you will find anywhere and the majority of the south side is nice too. From what I've seen of Aberdeen city centre, Glasgow city centre has a lot more going for it and there are enough threads on here about junkies, jakies and beggars on Union street compare with Glasgow. Nowhere is perfect, but Glasgow isn't as bad as you lot seem to think.

P.S, I'm not a Weegie, just choose to live here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Wonder how many of the folk on here who constantly slag off Glasgow have spent any time there apart from trips to Mordor and Parkned :sherlock: It has it's fair share of shite bits, like anywhere, but the west end is as good any area as you will find anywhere and the majority of the south side is nice too. From what I've seen of Aberdeen city centre, Glasgow city centre has a lot more going for it and there are enough threads on here about junkies, jakies and beggars on Union street compare with Glasgow. Nowhere is perfect, but Glasgow isn't as bad as you lot seem to think.

I have been on plenty of nights out, and been to plenty of gigs there.

Had a few pals that stayed in Glasgow for uni, across the city.

Its shit and full of cunts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trying to be impartial here but Glasgow is a shit night out compared to Edinburgh/Aberdeen.

-Bouncers seem to be even more cunty here than anywhere else.

-Having to split up into groups of 2/3 to get into places.

-Sauchiehall Street :laughing:

-Having to drink out of plastic glasses as Weegies canna be trusted not to glass each other.

-Too studenty in a lot of places.

I agree the West End is decent enough but only been on a night out there once.

• Admin

Maybe because quite an astonishing amount of public money has been spent rejuvenating Glasgow over decades because it was such a shitehole, meanwhile Aberdeen is left to stagnate and fend for itself.

Anyway, regardless. Aberdeen is the safest city in Scotland.

I0lO1.png

*Figures per 1,000 population

Nowt wrong with Glasgow, there are some nice parts, loads of good pubs and on the whole a decent night out.

Its Glaswegians that f4ck the whole place up.

• Upvote 2

We're meandering a bit of track here chaps...While Glasgow has it's good/bad points...It's the filth that inhabit the place that was being asked about and their chronic bad health...

Glasgow the place bit of a shit hole with a couple of redeeming features...Glasweegies total scum with zero redeeming features

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Nowt wrong with Glasgow, there are some nice parts, loads of good pubs and on the whole a decent night out.

Its Glaswegians that f4ck the whole place up.

We're meandering a bit of track here chaps...While Glasgow has it's good/bad points...It's the filth that inhabit the place that was being asked about and their chronic bad health...

Glasgow the place bit of a shit hole with a couple of redeeming features...Glasweegies total scum with zero redeeming features

:applause:

Maybe because quite an astonishing amount of public money has been spent rejuvenating Glasgow over decades because it was such a shitehole, meanwhile Aberdeen is left to stagnate and fend for itself.

Not only that, but public sector employment makes up a much bigger proportion of employment in Glasgow and the surrounding area as numerous governments have created job after job there to make up for the poor private sector in the city.

The PDF report in the link below has some interesting stats:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/regional-trends/regional-economic-analysis/sub-regional-analysis-of-public-and-private-sector-employment---november-2011/art-pub-priv.html

The North East of Scotland has the highest private sector employment in the whole of the UK, 8% higher than the national average. Comparatively, South Western Scotland has both under average private sector employment (almost 6% below UK average) and above average public sector employment.

Effectively, Glasgow and the surrounding areas (like the North East of England and Wales) has so little going for it that it needs to be propped up by the rest of the country.

• Upvote 1

Trying to be impartial here but Glasgow is a shit night out compared to Edinburgh/Aberdeen.

-Bouncers seem to be even more cunty here than anywhere else.

-Having to split up into groups of 2/3 to get into places.

-Sauchiehall Street :laughing:

-Having to drink out of plastic glasses as Weegies canna be trusted not to glass each other.

-Too studenty in a lot of places.

I agree the West End is decent enough but only been on a night out there once.

Don't go to shit places and you won't have a shit night. It is simple really.