Johnny Russell

If it comes off they'll have raked in at least 6-7 Million since we sold Anderson.

Wonder what we'll have.

Miller/Fyvie - £500k each

Foster - £200k

Grimmer - £400k?

Maguire - £400k

£2m?

Probs missed someone out.

Need to get Fraser tied down for 4 years or something and punt him for £5m in a couple seasons.

Would be delighted if Russell left United tbh.

He is what makes their side tick and I want to give those jute bastards a few more spankings this year. :scarf:

If he goes today, interesting to see who they get in to replace him as wouldn't be looking too good. Especially if Daly picked up an injury.

United keep all their prospects under wraps and dont talk them up at all until they have them tied down to long term contracts, then as soon as they have deals done the hype begins.....Thats the way to do it.

We seem to like to talk about our "promising young players coming through" and how 'so and so' is the next 'so and so', when they are still 17 or 18, have played only 3 times for the first team and have 1 year left on a youth contract. Allowing agents to fill their head with nonsense about getting higher wages somewhere else and short term gains.......Thats not the way to do it.

• Upvote 8

United keep all their prospects under wraps and dont talk them up at all until they have them tied down to long term contracts, then as soon as they have deals done the hype begins.....Thats the way to do it.

We seem to like to talk about our "promising young players coming through" and how 'so and so' is the next 'so and so', when they are still 17 or 18, have played only 3 times for the first team and have 1 year left on a youth contract. Allowing agents to fill their head with nonsense about getting higher wages somewhere else and short term gains.......Thats not the way to do it.

Spot on. Exactly what's happening with Ryan Fraser just now. Only matter of time before one of the agents with Grimmer, Fyvie and Robertson swoops in :ThumbsDown:

United taking in 2 million for him shows how much clubs just look at us and our players and think we're a piece of shit.

500k for our young players and less.

I don't think it's that...more like they know Milne will take the first offer...Thomson is a better "player" than Milne

I don't think it's that...more like they know Milne will take the first offer...Thomson is a better "player" than Milne

Milne has fuck all to do with the transfers and contracts.

Duncan Fraser is the useless cunt you can point fingers at for this one.

How many pointless 2 year deals has he handed out over the last 8 years or so? Its those sort of deals that are losing us money. Guys like Fyvie should've been signed up for 4 years and not 2 1/2. Every new signing that comes into the club gets 1 or 2 years unless you're Chirstina Clark and then you somehow manage to screw 3.

How many pointless 2 year deals has he handed out over the last 8 years or so? Its those sort of deals that are losing us money. Guys like Fyvie should've been signed up for 4 years and not 2 1/2. Every new signing that comes into the club gets 1 or 2 years unless you're Chirstina Clark and then you somehow manage to screw 3.

Point taken...makes you wonder about sacking WM (which I still consider a fu*king disgrace) to make space for GY...looks like we are now reaping the benefit of WM's Youth Development only to have the Muppet who should have been bulleted give the fruits of WM's labour away for next too fu*k all :dontknow:

I've suggested before in jest but can anyway convince me we don't just let players choose their own length of contract? I mean we seem to sign all the shite on long deals and all the good players sign short deals.

Its almost as if we hand over a blank contract and they just add in their own dates for the length of the contract.

I think you may be right V...

Fraser: Langfield, you are only getting a one year deal to prove you are worth another extension.

Langfield: I'm only signing if you give me a two year deal.

What would you do?

Poke him in the eye and throw him on the scrapheap.

I fear that contract negotiations are very similar to how you've just described.

Must admit, whilst reading the discussions about Jack, Fraser et al, now that we've been told that there are no more players coming in, I can't wait for the window to shut this year. I'm quite happy (for a change) with the squads balance right now, although I think maybe a better option up front than what we have would be very sweet.

However, if we lost Fraser and Jack before the window shuts ... well, that would be nothing short of a fucking nightmare.

Must admit, whilst reading the discussions about Jack, Fraser et al, now that we've been told that there are no more players coming in, I can't wait for the window to shut this year. I'm quite happy (for a change) with the squads balance right now, although I think maybe a better option up front than what we have would be very sweet.

However, if we lost Fraser and Jack before the window shuts ... well, that would be nothing short of a fucking nightmare.

No chance.

I still think we've a signing in us but it'll be a free agent after the window gently gets moved from being ajar to being air and water tight.

No slamming shut this time according to the Telegraph and Argus in Bradford.

No chance.

I still think we've a signing in us but it'll be a free agent after the window gently gets moved from being ajar to being air and water tight.

No slamming shut this time according to the Telegraph and Argus in Bradford.

Hope you're right mate ... another sneaky little signing would be nice. Unfortunately I don't think it'll be what we're really after; an out and out goalscorer - they be just tooooooo expensive :(

Point taken...makes you wonder about sacking WM (which I still consider a fu*king disgrace) to make space for GY...looks like we are now reaping the benefit of WM's Youth Development only to have the Muppet who should have been bulleted give the fruits of WM's labour away for next too fu*k all :dontknow:

What will have changed to youth system since Willie left? Nothing. Think that was the point.