Highlight V Buddies

So fucking close for Magennis and Cammy "wank sock" Smith.

Vernon's snatch at that late opportunity is most distressing.

Looking again at the advanced position Smith got into for his chance...he may well be the answer to the support from midfield required for our central striker.

A central striker who may be on the brink of being dropped given his inability to covert clear chances provided to him.

If he continues in that vein, I'd give him 1, maybe 2 more games to find his shooting boots.

If he draws a blank in the next 2, then I'd have Fallon in for a spell.

He certainly can't do any worse than big Scotty has thus far (Perth excepted...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q89QWs_tg0I

So fucking close for Magennis and Cammy "wank sock" Smith.

Vernon's snatch at that late opportunity is most distressing.

Looking again at the advanced position Smith got into for his chance...he may well be the answer to the support from midfield required for our central striker.

A central striker who may be on the brink of being dropped given his inability to covert clear chances provided to him.

If he continues in that vein, I'd give him 1, maybe 2 more games to find his shooting boots.

If he draws a blank in the next 2, then I'd have Fallon in for a spell.

He certainly can't do any worse than big Scotty has thus far (Perth excepted...).

BBC

was hoping they'd show ozzie's tackle on goodwin late on.

vernon's miss looks worse than at it did yesterday and that is saying something.

confidence. it's at rock bottom. he just hit the panic button.

add to that his miss v County and you can tell he's nae in the right frame o mind! even i would've scored both them chances. still think he's a good striker, just need someone in to challenge him for first choice. hope cammy smith gets more game time and looks good, no matter how old he is.

Unbelievably frustrating - we thrashed them 0-0. :banghead:

Horrible cliche, but if we do keep playing like that we WILL absolutely batter someone.

However ideally we'd give Vernon a rest, but for the fact that we don't have any established players to replace him.

Great chance then for one of the youngsters to establish themselves.

If your good enough your old enough and all that jazz.

Agree re Vernons' miss. I thought at the time the angle was a lot more acute but seeing it back now, that is inexcusable.

I think I'd give Vernon another start personally but thats just purely based on faith in his ability to poke them away. I reckon if he can grab one in the next game he'll ease up and start getting a few more. He's no quite Duncan Shearer though lets be honest - just a decent finisher and we've had so few of those recently thats elevated him somewhat in peoples minds.

Having watched these highlights its reassuring to see when we get balls in the box there are generally 2 or 3 players in the box. Having not seen the games I did wonder if this 4-3-3 involved no on venturing inside the area except the single striker but it doesn't seem to be the case. I take this to be a good sign and honestly think we need to keep our heads up and stick with the approach we have because it feels close to being a strong, winning formula.

Of course if Vernon plays 65 mins of the next game tossing away chances lets get someone on in his place but I don't feel its time to dunt him out the starting line up yet.

I don't get why he kept Vernon on the whole game. He clearly wasn't at the races at all. How long until Fallon's back? If it's a while then he's got to start at least giving McManus a chance off the bench.

Fallon is an awful footballer. He should have been punted to anyone who'd have taken him in the summer. His sole contribution v hearts was to get in the way of a goal bound Rae shot. Fucking dire, up there with d'jaffo, zdrillic, blaha and any other big useless cunt we've had the misfortune to sign in the past 10-15 years. I fucking despair at folk thinking he should start up front for us.

highlights make us look very good.

if we can keep up this style of play (which to be fair, weve battered 3 teams 0-0 this season) then once we can start putting the ball inside the sticks, well be flying.

frasers crossing ability is something we havent had for christ knows how long. kid looks dynamite.

very encouraging stuff all round. can understand the frustration folks must be feeling but still, prospects look good

So awful that he scored the goal of the season last year?

I remember Darren mackie scoring a screamer v hearts at tyncastle and Ricky foster scoring a screamer v Hibs at pittodrie. One goal does not make a competent football player. Incidentally, his performance in that semi, aside from the goal, was a fucking abomination. I can only presume you are :fishing:

its not just one goal though

the goal at fir park was fucking immense too

he is capable of it

Fallon is a fairly limited footballer. He's not fast and not the greatest with the ball at his feet either. However he is capable of flashes of brilliance.

He wins his fair share in the air too, something Vernon isn't great at. If he wasn't injured I'd be putting him up front with Vernon and dropping one of the midfield three. Plenty of balls going in to the box, with two strikers in there, both of reasonable height, I'm sure the goals will come.