Sitting In A Kilt

looksgoodinred

Having seen on the morning news a photo of Prince Philip displaying his royal package at the highland games, it made me think about how men should properly be sitting in kilts. (They also showed Prince Charles with his knees together and he looks like a priss, so I can't imagine that's a great alternative -- although maybe it's just him, and other men look better doing this.) Given my limited experience in the area, I looked it up.

There seem to be a number of preferred positions: sitting with legs extended straight out in front, crossed at the ankle? Sitting with knees pressed together (the Prince Charles version of things, I'm imagining?) Or legs somewhat apart, kilt hanging down between the legs to cover everything?

For those that wear them, do you have a preference?

What's it got to Skean Dhu with you? :tumbleweed:

The only time I'd be sitting down wearing a kilt is when I'm eating a wedding meal or having a dump so it doesn't really matter as either the table will hide my modesty or I'll be alone in the crapper.

The kilt normally covers you anyway unless you're sitting strangely or wearing it incorrectly.

• Downvote 1

What's it got to Skean Dhu with you? :tumbleweed:

The only time I'd be sitting down wearing a kilt is when I'm eating a wedding meal or having a dump so it doesn't really matter as either the table will hide my modesty or I'll be alone in the crapper.

The kilt normally covers you anyway unless you're sitting strangely or wearing it incorrectly.

I just sit bonnie (prince charlie).

:tumbleweed:

Just sit normally and close legs when someone lets you know you're showing off yer bits. That is until about 11pm when I start getting oiled and get up on a chair / table and pull my kilt high up around me. I'm told that this is a lovely sight. This is of course usually at weddings where I've been told to be on my best behaviour before leaving the house. The problem is I don't do this in a room full of folk with kilts on - usually when I'm abroad or in guffland. It's because people pester you all day about what's under your kilt, after a certain beer level is reached I think I decide to let them know and shut them up.

• Upvote 1

Having seen on the morning news a photo of Prince Philip displaying his royal package at the highland games, it made me think about how men should properly be sitting in kilts. (They also showed Prince Charles with his knees together and he looks like a priss, so I can't imagine that's a great alternative -- although maybe it's just him, and other men look better doing this.) Given my limited experience in the area, I looked it up.

There seem to be a number of preferred positions: sitting with legs extended straight out in front, crossed at the ankle? Sitting with knees pressed together (the Prince Charles version of things, I'm imagining?) Or legs somewhat apart, kilt hanging down between the legs to cover everything?

For those that wear them, do you have a preference?

LGIR - Lets turn the table here. How do you position yourself when wearing say a short skirt ? Now I presume that unlike us men and kilts that you are more than likely to be wearing some under-apparel but if you have decided for example on a warm day etc. you have ditched your scants, how would you position yourself on a park bench ? Would you embrace the knees tightly locked together a la all grace and poise or would you be like Sam Allardyce hunched over with your knees pointing at 10 to 2 thus possibly exposing, lets call it Sam's Tache' ?

My missus adopts this posture quite often and I don't like it, not lady like in my opinion

LGIR - Lets turn the table here. How do you position yourself when wearing say a short skirt ? Now I presume that unlike us men and kilts that you are more than likely to be wearing some under-apparel but if you have decided for example on a warm day etc. you have ditched your scants, how would you position yourself on a park bench ? Would you embrace the knees tightly locked together a la all grace and poise or would you be like Sam Allardyce hunched over with your knees pointing at 10 to 2 thus possibly exposing, lets call it Sam's Tache' ?

My missus adopts this posture quite often and I don't like it, not lady like in my opinion

Some would argue the lack of panties is unladylike to begin with, even on a warm day. So poor posture may not be your most pressing issue if you hold strong opinions in this regard. :P (For the record, I don