2014 World Cup Qualifiers

watched the belgium game last night at home in the hyselagainst croatia.

still not seeing what all the hype is about. smart strip though, even if it does defy convention.

if scotland could have won the past 2 homes games i would reckon we could maybe come 2nd. alas thats chance has gobne now.

i think croatia will win this grouap at a canter. they have a great home record and as seen last night are comfortable away from home too.

I'm with bluto, what's so good about Belgium? They didnt qualify for Euro 2012 and it seems to me that most of this group, bar Wales, are about the same quality.

have a plus 1 for that. :cool:

i think croatia are teh standout side. unlucky in the euros to go out to the two finalists. a far more savvy team than belgium.

watched the belgium game last night at home in the hyselagainst croatia.

still not seeing what all the hype is about. smart strip though, even if it does defy convention.

if scotland could have won the past 2 homes games i would reckon we could maybe come 2nd. alas thats chance has gobne now.

i think croatia will win this grouap at a canter. they have a great home record and as seen last night are comfortable away from home too.

Maybe Wilmots is just as shit as Levein :dontknow:

On Belgium. On individual components, they have a better standard of player than we have just now. If they aren't looking good so far it will be for the same reason Scotland haven't got more than 2 points so far, a lack of cohesion, a lack of spirit and a lack of tactics suitable for the team. I have no faith in Levein managing this with Scotland, so on that basis, I still see Belgium performing considerably better than us when we come to play them.

• 3 weeks later...

Guff Squad

Celtic keeper called up

Goalkeepers: Forster, Hart, Ruddy

Defenders: Baines, Cahill, Cole, Gibbs, Jagielka, G Johnson, Lescott, Shawcross, Walker

Midfielders: Carrick, Cleverley, Gerrard, A Johnson, Lennon, Lampard, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott

Forwards: Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

Guff Squad

Celtic keeper called up

Goalkeepers: Forster, Hart, Ruddy

Defenders: Baines, Cahill, Cole, Gibbs, Jagielka, G Johnson, Lescott, Shawcross, Walker

Midfielders: Carrick, Cleverley, Gerrard, A Johnson, Lennon, Lampard, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott

Forwards: Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

What an average group of players. Best player is the goalkeeper by far. When you look at that squad, they're doing well to get to QFs

What an average group of players. Best player is the goalkeeper by far. When you look at that squad, they're doing well to get to QFs

youre nae far wrong there.

rooney isnt the player he should have been. infact he was better in 2004. hart isnt far off the best around.

look at the midfield. i only see two players, lampard and carrick, who could be labelled in the same bracket as the spainish midfield players, pirlo, seedorf, sweinsteiger people like that.

players with half a brain. the rest are headless chickens.