Fancy Chinese Dining

Ke1t

Went to a more upscale Chinese restaurant last night with some friends, made a change from the places I usually get my Chinkies fae. Given I usually order General Tao Chicken from the local Takee Outee... (that's actually the name of the place, rather than me ripping the piss out of the way Chinese folk speak)... I'm unfamiliar with the following dish. Certainly none of the people I was there with had ever seen this on the menu before.

Anyone familiar with this particular dish, three down from the top?

x3tzz9.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how you would even go about eating something like this... does it come served with a mallet so you can stop the fucker escaping?

One of the party says to the waitress, "I have a question"

"Is your question anything to do with frogs?" I asked

"No." she says

"Well, then I've got a question inna." I says to the waitress.

"When it says, 'Live Frog'", I enquire, "Is this actually referring to a Live Frog? Or is it like 'Toad in the Hole', where there's no actual amphibians involved in the preparation?"

"Is Rive Flog." she say.

"I see." I say "And is this a BIG frog? Because I see you're charging about 16 buck 95 for what is essentially a science experiment."

"Flog about size of feest" she informs me. "You want Flog? It taste like chicken."

"No. I do not want Flog. But since I'm having chicken, I guess I can just pretend it's Flog. "

"Ahhhh." she laughs... "You no feer advenulous tonight"

"Well, I'm feeling adventurous" I say, waggling my eyebrows at the wife, "But not for anything invorving flogs."

Bottom line... Fuckin' Rive Flogs as big as you feest."

Is that a thing or is this restaurant just trying it on?

I know a guy who got sent to China by his company (Plessey)for a contract for the Chinese railways.He told me that if the sun shines on it,they'll fuckin' eat it.

o/t He once asked the Chinese for a JCB and he was told he could have 30,000 men with 30,000 picks and 30,000 shovels but he cannae have a JCB.

Chicken feet I ordered in China. Looks fine, tastes shit. Couldn't get over the crunching involved.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

made the same mistake in Holland at a Dim Sum place, nae the crunchin, just the ordering. Had just moved there, knew the word kip meant chicken. The menu was in clog or chink, had to go for pot luck and ended up with steamed chicken feet.

Needless to say my fat belly wiznae a happy camper, had to just suck it up and try again. Ended up with fucking octopus...

Moral of the story, fuck knows.

Had a couple of dodgy Chinese experiences while in clog actually. Getting my hair cut by an old Chinese woman that didnt speak a word of English or Dutch was both a failed experiment and a chopping disaster. Just after that and for only the 2nd time in my life I had a no. 4 all over.

Live frog I have no idea. I'd love to order it just long enough for the waitress to do the cutlery change then decide if I'm changing my mind based on what she brings me. :-)

Frogs legs basically an inoffensive but mostly tasteless waste of time. Too small and fiddly to eat in a satisfying way but maybe I was supposed to crunch them like a plate of fucking wishbones.

made the same mistake in Holland at a Dim Sum place, nae the crunchin, just the ordering. Had just moved there, knew the word kip meant chicken. The menu was in clog or chink, had to go for pot luck and ended up with steamed chicken feet.

Needless to say my fat belly wiznae a happy camper, had to just suck it up and try again. Ended up with fucking octopus...

Moral of the story, fuck knows.

Had a couple of dodgy Chinese experiences while in clog actually. Getting my hair cut by an old Chinese woman that didnt speak a word of English or Dutch was both a failed experiment and a chopping disaster. Just after that and for only the 2nd time in my life I had a no. 4 all over.

Which is fantastic.

Tup,

Are you keeping up with this thread? can't imagine you have any of these type of eateries in Wick so please feel free to ask questions if anything is confusing you?

It's really just a place where Chinese people (that's people from China) cook food in their style, we have a lot of these type of places in the big city.

They eat anything that moves basically.

I'm not a fan of chinese food in the slightest, certainly not of the takeaway variety sold over here, loaded with MSG.

Take away the MSG and the food would be tasteless pish, the chicken is injected with water and comes from Brazil, cheapest ingredients possible, massive mark-up.

Fucked if they're getting my cash.

Tup,

Are you keeping up with this thread? can't imagine you have any of these type of eateries in Wick so please feel free to ask questions if anything is confusing you?

It's really just a place where Chinese people (that's people from China) cook food in their style, we have a lot of these type of places in the big city.

There are four in Wick.

Your imagination disna stretch much further than 8 tins of Stella and 20 fags every day.

:hysterical:

Four! fuck off! you live on puffins and fish up that way, can just see ying yang po fae China waving his family goodbye as he sets sail to follow a lifetime dream of opening a shop in Wick!

Wick is only 60 miles from Aberdeen as the crow flies and the weather is identical.

i.e. it's basically the same, but smaller.

I think it's Iceland or the Faroes you're thinking of.