Club V Country

For the first time in my adult life I can now understand those who stay away from watching or caring about our national side and solely focus on their clubs.

Scotland last night were an embarrassment. Levein calls it progress, I call it appalling.

No tempo, no belief, negative tactics and the most abysmal squad selection I have ever had the misfortune to set eyes on.

Kenny Miller still getting a game even though he hasnt scored regularly for 2 years and now plying his trade in the football graveyard that is the MLS.

Ross McCormack not getting a kick, Dorrans not getting a kick, Commons not even in the squad and jesus wept Gary Caldwell playing centre mid when we have MacArthur sitting at home who plays that position. Ricky Foster getting a in the squad even though he has lost his place in the Bristol City team to Mark Wilson, Mark Reynolds not getting in before Foster even though he can play centre half and left back. Craig Samson getting a call up ahead of Langfield even though Clangers is statistically the best GK in the SPL right now.

and bin the plastic Scots like Mackie and Morrison.

It's always been equal with me. It's not something I can switch off unfortunately, I was equally gutted when we fucked up against the Czechs as I was when we lost to Hibs in the cup. I think the fact the Dons play every week makes it seem like I am more committed to them but when internationals come along then I am just as passionate to be fair. Having said that I don't think I will be watching anymore games with Levein in charge I just can't handle watching us being so poor and managed by an arsehole, if we were losing because we weren't good enough then I would be 100% behind the team but when we are losing before a ball has been kicked cos the manager's a fud then I don't want to get pulled into it.

As much as team selection, squads, formations, tactics will always be subjective, the bottom line is, that you should always pick your strongest, best players and play them in a formation / style / position that they are best suited to.

It is that fucking simple.

So what can we deduce from Levein's team last night? 3 wide players and a defender playing central midfield. 3 of our most talented, inform players either on the bench or not even in the squad. Kenny fucking miller? etc etc.

Well either Levein is utterly fucking deluded and thinks this IS our best team, formation etc - or - he's an arrogant cunt and thinks I will NOT play our best team or formation because I decide and fuck everyone else.

In summary, how can any employer in their right fucking mind continue to employ someone in either of these scenarios?

The only way I could ever accept him not being sacked instantly, is if in spite of all the above, we had miraculously won both games. Even then i'd be keeping an eagle eye on the situation for the first sign of a fuckup.

Scottish Football, from top to bottom, domestic and national, is a Third Rate, Third World shambles.

We've seen that it's a corrupt, closed shop, jobs-for-the-boys stitch up, run by people who either care not one flying fuck for football, or are more interested in maintaining a Two-Team status quo to the detriment of the game in Scotland.

Scotland won't qualify for anything in the near to mid-term future because the game in Scotland HAS been bypassed by countries who aren't shit. And the clubs are too terrified to do anything that might change the structure of the game for the better. Christ, it took the threat of mass mutiny by the fans to FORCE the clubs to do the right thing with Newco. Left to their own devices they'd have voted those cunts straight into the top league.

Levein is pretty much the embodiment of that. Substandard, ineffectual, and 100% in denial as to his own massive shortcomings.

I notice he's still saying Scotland can qualify.

The level of denial is borderline mental illness.

I was with you 100 percent until you mentioned Langfield in that rant :rolleyes:

I hear you re Clangers! but you get my point....

Another thing....this over excitement over Jordan Rhodes annoys me. Why was McCormack not on before Rhodes as he has consistently scored at a higher level and has been scoring more regularly than Kenny Miller. Obv Rhodes' goals to game ratio is fantastic from League 1/U21 and yes he scored a header v Australia but competitive international football is a whole different ball game. If I was McCormack (who also scored v Australia) I would raging.

As someone has posted, its verging on a mental illness to suggest we can qualify. We shall finish bottom of the group with Levein in charge.

I genuinely believe Levein should have been sacked the night of the 4-6-0 v the Czech's.

For the first time in my adult life I can now understand those who stay away from watching or caring about our national side and solely focus on their clubs.

Scotland last night were an embarrassment. Levein calls it progress, I call it appalling.

No tempo, no belief, negative tactics and the most abysmal squad selection I have ever had the misfortune to set eyes on.

Kenny Miller still getting a game even though he hasnt scored regularly for 2 years and now plying his trade in the football graveyard that is the MLS.

Ross McCormack not getting a kick, Dorrans not getting a kick, Commons not even in the squad and jesus wept Gary Caldwell playing centre mid when we have MacArthur sitting at home who plays that position. Ricky Foster getting a in the squad even though he has lost his place in the Bristol City team to Mark Wilson, Mark Reynolds not getting in before Foster even though he can play centre half and left back. Craig Samson getting a call up ahead of Langfield even though Clangers is statistically the best GK in the SPL right now.

and bin the plastic Scots like Mackie and Morrison.

So they are not very good so you dont care any more? Thats decent of you, you sound just like a Hun or an Old Firm supporter with this pish.

"No tempo, no belief, negative tactics and the most abysmal squad selection I have ever had the misfortune to set eyes on." Are - we talking about Scotland here or Aberdeen? You have been watching Aberdeen over the last decade havent you? I assume you still do.

"Kenny Miller still getting a game even though he hasnt scored regularly for 2 years" - Darren Mackie hadnt scored regularly for ever and it took ages to get shot of him.

Im sure Aberdeen have been an embarrassment to you for a number of years, but you still support them i assume.

Im sure your presence at Hampden wont be missed.

So they are not very good so you dont care any more? Thats decent of you, you sound just like a Hun or an Old Firm supporter with this pish.

"No tempo, no belief, negative tactics and the most abysmal squad selection I have ever had the misfortune to set eyes on." Are - we talking about Scotland here or Aberdeen? You have been watching Aberdeen over the last decade havent you? I assume you still do.

"Kenny Miller still getting a game even though he hasnt scored regularly for 2 years" - Darren Mackie hadnt scored regularly for ever and it took ages to get shot of him.

Im sure Aberdeen have been an embarrassment to you for a number of years, but you still support them i assume.

:applause:

Very good. Think you missed the point but carry on.

My presence won't be missed as one of my mates will take my season ticket for the qualifiers...plus I will be at Wembley in August 2013 for the England game. Get that round ye!!

:laughing:

I think you'll find you'll soon be in the minority.

More and more people are becoming completely indifferent to the national team.

A corrupt organisation that appointed a mid-table, one dimensional, defensive minded, clueless manager that is out of his depth.

But don't be criticising folk that are fed up to the back teeth of that shower of shite that "represent" us in dark blue.

Myself? I'd rather we beat Inverness on Saturday than Scotland win any game last week to be honest.

<br />I think you'll find you'll soon be in the minority.<br />More and more people are becoming completely indifferent to the national team.<br />A corrupt organisation that appointed a mid-table, one dimensional, defensive minded, clueless manager that is out of his depth. <br />But don't be criticising folk that are fed up to the back teeth of that shower of shite that "represent" us in dark blue. <br />Myself? I'd rather we beat Inverness on Saturday than Scotland win any game last week to be honest.<br />
<br /><br />Question for ye, I think you have more posts in the Scotland squad thread than me. I'm obviously a fan of the national side but why do you have so much to say about Scotland when you don't care?
  • Downvote 1

<br /><br />Question for ye, I think you have more posts in the Scotland squad thread than me. I'm obviously a fan of the national side but why do you have so much to say about Scotland when you don't care?

Answer for you - it's a forum - Get over it and yourself.

Scotland are shite

The SFA are corrupt

Levein is a cock

Just to re-ieterate incase you didn't understand it.

Question for you...WTF is <br/<>Br/>?! :dontknow:

• Upvote 1

Answer for you - it's a forum - Get over it and yourself.

Scotland are shite

The SFA are corrupt

Levein is a cock

Just to re-ieterate incase you didn't understand it.

Question for you...WTF is <br/<>Br/>?! :dontknow:

No idea what that is. Posting from my phone and it just appeared.

Not sure what you mean by get over myself.

I'm fully aware of how shit Scotland are and how much of a cock levein is. I've never disputed it so your post doesn't make any sense.

No idea what that is. Posting from my phone and it just appeared.

Not sure what you mean by get over myself.

I'm fully aware of how shit Scotland are and how much of a cock levein is. I've never disputed it so your post doesn't make any sense.

You asked me a question.

The question was why do you post on the Scotland thread when you don't give a toss about Scotland.

My answer was because it's a forum.

Seems fairly straight forward to me, but there you go, maybe not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Of course I'll always love Scotland but if we don't make it to Rio 2014 then teenagers in Scotland will never known us to have been to the World Cup finals.

That makes me really sad. I was 17 in '98 and I can still remember that buzz about the whole tournament that I haven't felt since.

I'd really like to make my loon's first Wold Cup excursion to be following Scotland but, unless he waits till he's 60 when he goes for the first time, it'll have to be following some other team.