Have You Ever 'disappeared' To Watch Aberdeen?

In my student days I bunked off my bar job and ended up in Dundee for a game. Ended up staying the night and called in sick the next day as well.

Was meant to be doing jobs around the house for my Mum and Dad one Sunday a few years ago but as soon as they nipped out I jumped in the car and went down to Edinburgh for a Hibs game. That was straight after the Bayern home game, I think we got beat.

We met a mate of mine on a Saturday night out once. He was with his bird but we managed to persuade him to ditch her at a bar and jump on the bus with us to go down to Hull for Deano's testimonial. We got to about Stonehaven before he regretted it but he stayed on the bus :laughing:

I read on another Forum today about a Man Utd fan who nipped out for a lunchtime pint one day and ended up on a mini-bus to a European away game :laughing:

Any good stories from the Hat?

Quite a few times when i was younger, remember my first season going to all the aways we had 7 midweek games (3 at ibrox) so had to "skip" a lot of school, lead to quite a few detentions but very much worth it.

Few times at my old job id have doctors / dentists appointments and just fuck off to the football.

For the man utd rangers game at old trafford i said i had a doctors appointment in the morning i phoned from stirling services to say they sent me to get an xray in the afternoon :laughing:

• Site Sponsor

In my student days I bunked off my bar job and ended up in Dundee for a game. Ended up staying the night and called in sick the next day as well.

Was meant to be doing jobs around the house for my Mum and Dad one Sunday a few years ago but as soon as they nipped out I jumped in the car and went down to Edinburgh for a Hibs game. That was straight after the Bayern home game, I think we got beat.

We met a mate of mine on a Saturday night out once. He was with his bird but we managed to persuade him to ditch her at a bar and jump on the bus with us to go down to Hull for Deano's testimonial. We got to about Stonehaven before he regretted it but he stayed on the bus :laughing:

I read on another Forum today about a Man Utd fan who nipped out for a lunchtime pint one day and ended up on a mini-bus to a European away game :laughing:

Any good stories from the Hat?

Played the Tims in an afternoon during the three day week in the early 1970's. Old Man asked for me to get off but Headie (radge) said no. Class was at a visit to Provost Skene's hoose so three of us nipped away. 0-0 draw if I mind right. 3 of the scud but worth it.

Had a temporary job for a month in the old Tesco extra near the St. Nicolas centre on Union St as a student, worked in the bakery (where no one really knew what you were up to), didn't care if I kept the job or not, and was left alone on a Saturday afternoon, twice I waltzed out the store on a Saturday afternoon and went to Pittodrie for games, went back to the store and finished my shift afterwards and signed off my shift and bakery list, was never mentioned by anyone.

Dundee United in the cup a few years back, told my teacher I had a doctors appointment. The game was then called off and rescheduled for the week after. Told her I had got the dates mixed up.

I done the same, missed the last hour at school to get the bus to Tynecastle.

Same story the 2nd week, except I had a history prelim. I told them I was away to the fitba, teacher was a Dundee United fan so she let me off with it.

Nailed the prelim the next week. Bazinga.

Plenty times. I'll be doing it again for the Dunfy game. Lecturer's a dandy though so I might just come clean.

I remember I was off ill for the Dnipro game and no one at school would believe I was genuinely ill and hadn't gone to the game. The whole reason I never got to go was because I'd miss school. :poster_oops:

Played the Tims in an afternoon during the three day week in the early 1970's. Old Man asked for me to get off but Headie (radge) said no. Class was at a visit to Provost Skene's hoose so three of us nipped away. 0-0 draw if I mind right. 3 of the scud but worth it.

Yes, I went missing from school that afternoon too. An example with a bit of social history thrown in, can't be bad.