Jocky Scott

Should be a good appointment as could give some stability whilst new manager comes in - if that is the plan rather than just hiring another coach with Aberdeen connections.

That being said - if I were a new broom - I'd want to have some say in who is on the staff so unless things are well advanced this might not be as good an appointment as it first appears.

I'd rather go with someone with coaching experience.

If I remember correctly, Jess was available in the summer. If he was being considered surely he'd be here in some capacity now with preparation for next year.

Anderson is doing/has done his coaching badges. He was certainly being mooted as a possibility at board level. This kind of appointment just adds wheels to that, though it is just guesswork.

If I remember correctly, Jess was available in the summer. If he was being considered surely he'd be here in some capacity now with preparation for next year.

Anderson is doing/has done his coaching badges. He was certainly being mooted as a possibility at board level. This kind of appointment just adds wheels to that, though it is just guesswork.

I'd rather we didn't go with someone straight from pitch to dugout - it rarely works - if we want a recent player from here I'd think about Paul Hartley - but it would be a big jump even then. Would be a bold move and AFC don't often do those.

I'm really hoping for an 'out the box' appointment.

We very rarely take in young, relatively unproven Managers and while it makes sense to give that a bash this time, I just can't see it.

I like Hartley but I think the job would be too big for him at this stage.

I hope we're exploring options outside of Scotland.