Since Cb Joined

Played 86, lost 30, drawn 25 and won 26, to me this is shocking and needs addressed big time, fair enough we have done a little bit of good business in the transfer window but still not looking like we'll win games. personally think it's down to his negative style of setting out not to lose and that he's happy with a point, either has to change or go.

• Upvote 1

Played 86, lost 30, drawn 25 and won 26, to me this is shocking and needs addressed big time, fair enough we have done a little bit of good business in the transfer window but still not looking like we'll win games. personally think it's down to his negative style of setting out not to lose and that he's happy with a point, either has to change or go.

Craig Brown is always the first to bore us rigid with his take on statistics.

It would be interesting to hear his views on those stats.

Pretty damning.

Thanks fuck he'll be gone on the summer. :crossfingers:

And as for your last comment....Craig Brown will NEVER change. He's been a defensive coach/manager for about 40 years FFS

You are the roaster here still banging about this. Yes Hughes certainly ain't an international level player as he seems to think he is but Rae is a red, born and bread. He only signed for the Huns cos Dundee would have went to the door if they did not sell him.

:dc:

A red born and bred does not accept the hun armband...In my opinion of course ;)

Take out the honeymoon period at start where we won 8 in first 13 and since then our record has been absolutely shocking, especially in league. 11 wins in last 56 league matches is about as bad as it gets.

Take out the honeymoon period at start where we won 8 in first 13 and since then our record has been absolutely shocking, especially in league. 11 wins in last 56 league matches is about as bad as it gets.

Yeah looking at the results is scary, how he's lasted so long I'll never know, the football has only started getting slightly better this season too but mean nothing if we are not winning games.

It's a miracle we didn't get relegated in Brown's first season, following the delayed ejaculation of Mark McGhee.

Thank you Craig, that was very kind of you... but your style of management is no longer required.

This season is already written off by everyone, I'm sure. The club is just waiting for Brown's contract to expire, and will be accepting the not-quite-relegated-but-not-quite-top-half finish that ten men behind the ball will assure you in the SPL.

I genuinely shudder to imagine what the next hopeless twat Milne chooses as manager is going to be like.

Presumably deaf, dumb and blind.

Certainly not. He's useless...but

He's a nice old guy that tells people what they want to hear.

Has there been any official talk of him retiring or his contract not being extended?

It would be good to hear either way...the sloth of AFC seen when Langfield was given a 2 year deal could easily take them on a similar route with the manager..."We already got one...why go too all that bother of looking for another"...type thinking.

Is that league games?

If so, that's 103 points out of 243. Utter shite & no better than a struggling 9th placed team.

Yeah looking at the results is scary, how he's lasted so long I'll never know, the football has only started getting slightly better this season too but mean nothing if we are not winning games.

The answer to that one is simple.

It's because they have fkd up with the last two appointments & had to pay them off, so there is no danger they were going to do it again. No matter how badly he performs & knew they'd be able to hide behind Craigs "nice auld man" BS in the media to keep the pressure off by the majority of the fans.

Give a decent manager that team & he'd do a far better job with it. It's wasted on that auld cunt regardless of whether or not he's built it (eventually) & finally added a couple of wingers.

In fact, even an average manager could field the players available in that squad to better effect imo.

Brown is not the manager to take us forward, he'll maybe just about scrape a top 6 this season but that is far from acceptable this season.

So 68 league games played,23 wins, shudders :(

There's simply no way he can get a new deal.

He came in, steadied the ship in a Jimmy kind of way but his negativity suggests that he hasn't grasped that it's unacceptable for this club to continue the way they have for umpteen years.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever

How does he compare to other managers? I remember someone had a table posted with success rates of managers going back years.

Just be interesting to see.

Found this from earlier this year:

1997 1998 Alex Miller 43 11 13 19 (25.58%)

1999 2002 Ebbe Skovdahl 159 54 37 68 (33.96%)

2002 2004 Steve Paterson 68 23 13 32 (33.82%)

2004 2009 Jimmy Calderwood 227 94 60 73 (41.41%)

2009 2010 Mark McGhee 62 17 13 32 (27.42%)

2010 - Present Craig Brown 69 23 19 27 (33.33%)

Brown now 81 26 25 30 (32.01%) - win % less than Steve Paterson.

Record in last 56 league matches is 12 wins in 56 matches (21.43%)

Guys you know what they say about stats ...................... they are like mini skirts!

But in the case of those stated above then they arer very damming,

we all agree, CB was what we needed to steady the shiop when relegation was a real danger,

CB was what was required when we needed to build a strong back line.

CB was what was needed create a unit and when we needed a strong "contact list"

but it is time to progress further, the team we have currently is just waiting to flourish, and bloom under a manager with a zest for attacking football,

I think it's 50/50 if Craig gets a new deal a lot will depend on Knox, apparently he will be gone by next season and perhaps CB will see that as the chance for him to leave too.

well it was said upon Browns appointment that part of his role would be to identify his eventual replacement that being the case and with CB notorious and repeated shown of loyalty to those that have served him well before the short list will include Gary McAllister, John Collins, Billy Davies, and Paul Hartley

I think the sights are set a little lower than whom you have suggested...Jocky Scott looks a racing cert to take over when the GWT boards the train to After dinner speaking