Not unlike you to defend weegies barassie.

Seeing as you are one.

I don't want weegies involved with my football team.

Did you say that when the likes of Ferguson, McLeish, Miller, McGhee, McMaster, Bett, Nicholas, Leighton to name but a few graced our club with distinction over the years?!

Hypocritical, parochial bollocks.

And not for the first time.

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

Former Celtic midfielder Paul Hartley - now in charge of Alloa - believes Rangers should be fast-tracked back into the top flight to rejuvenate the SPL title race. (Various)

Luckily we never employed this hun lover as manager*

* Instead we employed someone who loves the huns much more than Paul Hartley appears to :clangers2:

Former Celtic midfielder Paul Hartley - now in charge of Alloa - believes Rangers should be fast-tracked back into the top flight to rejuvenate the SPL title race. (Various)

Luckily we never employed this hun lover as manager*

* Instead we employed someone who loves the huns much more than Paul Hartley appears to :clangers2:

Alloa's owners should be seriously considering why they are employing someone who believes a lower league team deserves to jump over them, possibly to their own detriment.

• Upvote 1

I wonder just how many of these folk actually believe what the papers are peddling?

As more and more people with no vested interest in this seem to endorse favouritism I must admit I'm becoming completely indifferent to it. I suspect a lot of these are simply journalists asking the same question over and over and over - "Does Scottish Football need Rangers in the top league" etc etc etc...

Then as soon as someone makes the mistake of agreeing in any sense whatsoever they will report it as "so and so also thinks Rangers must be moved to the top league immediately, for the greater good you know, blah blah".

In short we already know 99% of sports hacks in Scotland work to the one agenda so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that they manage to drag people into this.

I bet nearly every press conference and press interview in scottish football this year has included the loaded question about Rangers.

Folk could reply "no, fuck off" , every week and it will be ignored byt the hacks. Then if they answer the same question later in even the most carefully qualified terms the hacks pounce on it.

All too predictable.

Expect President Obama to also chime in with his support soon.

• Upvote 2

I think these folk are actually saying and meaning that they want 'Rangers' as the papers call them back in the top flight, that's the real problem.

Hartley wants it back. Derek McInnes thinks they have a grievance.

I see it as the voices of the sane and reasoned being drowned out in a hail of utter lies and imagined persecution.

One thing is for sure, if 'Rangers' win this battle, which it looks as if they will, I'll be done with putting money into a corrupt league.

nah was just wondering, since some idiot earlier said hed be a better bet than a "weegie"

which is interesting...because what part of scotland do the most successful managers come from?

Alex Ferguson, Davie Moyes, Jimmy Calderwood?

I know, their list of honours is frightening

:laughing:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The 36-year-old said: “The standard has dropped over the last few years. We need to do something to get it better.

“The Old Firm game is a major selling point and we need to get that back for a start.

“You’re in the game for fixtures like the Old Firm. It was a big call to deny Rangers entry into the top flight last summer and I don’t think it was the right one.

“Rangers were always going to win the Third Division.

“They’re full-time and have a larger budget than the rest of the teams. It’s good for Third Division sides financially but I’m not so sure it’s good for the game.

“Scottish football needs to be changed and that means getting our biggest clubs playing against each other.

“Let’s do what’s best for the game because everyone is saying it’s in a mess. Give people what they want. It takes someone to be brave enough just to do it but I don’t know who that person is.

“A big part of Sky TV coming into Scotland was to see Old Firm games and they don’t see that now. Celtic players miss it as well because of the attraction and the competition.

“When I was at Parkhead the title went down to the last day twice and I even remember watching other ones that went to the final match (in 2003 and 2005) when I wasn’t playing for Celtic.

“It was always dramatic going into the last couple of games and it has been missed this year.

“It wasn’t just the Old Firm games themselves, it made the other matches interesting because you couldn’t drop any points.

“That competition and that
challenge has gone. If you talk to fans they will say something is missing from the game.

“Crowds are dwindling. How do we make it better? Clubs are struggling – look at Hearts and Dunfermline – so what’s it going to be like another year down the line?

“We need to make the game better and that means having the Old Firm in the top flight. People miss it, as do clubs in the SPL because of the travelling fans.”

Here is what Hartley said in full in case anyone thinks it's nasty journalists trying to trip him up by asking generic questions.

I think not, what an arsehole.

He basically just wants to go back to the setup that caused all the problems in the first place.

As do most others involved in Scottish football, except for one, insignificant lot, the paying customers, whose protests are rightly ignored and derided by the money men.

He is clearly looking at things from a Celtic point of view there. Celtic are badly missing their main rivals in many ways.

Their crowds are down as they romp the title and games mean little to them even when they lose.

Main thing is the struggle with peddling the catholic/protestant thing which their scumbag fans thrive on and live for casue nobody else gives two fucks about religion in football (bar smart parts of Hearts support).

As I said all along, Hartley is a weegie ned, he's just coming out with stuff any weegie ned from that part of the world would come out with.

The problem arises when they expect the rest of Scotland to listen to their pish and take it on board as a valid point.

As I said all along, Hartley is a weegie ned, he's just coming out with stuff any weegie ned from that part of the world would come out with.

The problem arises when they expect the rest of Scotland to listen to their pish and take it on board as a valid point.

He's fae Hamilton Tup do you class him as a weegie? Like Langfield is fae Paisley & Millertim telt me he wisna a weegie.

He basically just wants to go back to the setup that caused all the problems in the first place.

As do most others involved in Scottish football, except for one, insignificant lot, the paying customers, whose protests are rightly ignored and derided by the money men.

that setup will return in another two years anyway

when did i say that you illiterate boofon

He's fae Hamilton Tup do you class him as a weegie? Like Langfield is fae Paisley & Millertim telt me he wisna a weegie.

Some cunt telt me i just thought it was you being a weegie Tim etc. You've mentioned it a few times asweel. I'm nae illeterate i can read & write.

• 1 year later...