Aberdeen V Motherwell

Can't really decide on how this one will go.

Motherwell will be the first team to visit Pittodrie this season actually intending to have a go and win the match. Which actually may go in our favour as it will open up the game and enable us to create more clear cut chances.

That's the thoery anyway.

I really hope we don't have to sit through another 0-0.

Can't see us winning this one to be honest, 1-1 or 2-1 Motherwell imo.

Fucking Sunday lunchtime kick offs :ThumbsDown:

Taking son no. 2 to his very first game this sunday, and I hope he has better luck than son no. 1, who has seen about 20 AFC games and only about 3 league wins.

Obviously 0-0 would be better than 0-1 but we need to really take the game to Well and not let them settle into their normal game. I'm not convinced they are any great shakes but McColl has done very well on the limited budget he has, over the last 20 months or so.

We simply have to win this game to kick start the season, and not lose any more supporters, who are already in two minds, following 3 scoreless home games.

2-0 AFC

Aye, I wouldna say he's set us out to defend as such, it's just that we're not attack minded enough.

I'd argue we were a lot more attack minded than our oppenents at home (County, Hertz, Smurn) and were unluckly not to win at least one of those games.

Play two up top ffs and with Hayes and Fraser on the wing and I'm confident the results will come.

Would like to see Smith starting but I doubt he will. If he doesn't start Cammy then hopefully we have both Vernon and McGinn up front.

• Site Sponsor

Motherwell will be the first team to visit Pittodrie this season actually intending to have a go and win the match. Which actually may go in our favour as it will open up the game and enable us to create more clear cut chances.

A must win for me.

• Site Sponsor

I agree with them when they say we have better players and the signings have been good, but if you live in an era where defensive management got you through, you find it difficult to get out of it.

Take Saturday for example, Inverness down to 10 men...go attack them, didn't do that, wasn't until we went 1-0 down did we attack.

Check our shots on goal this season thus far...

We still have all 11 back for every corner. Never ever going to convince me that it is a good tactic.

I can see why you don't like them but Sunday games and Wednesday games are the only ones I can get to right now so I'll get to see the dons thrash someone else 0-0

• Upvote 1

We still have all 11 back for every corner. Never ever going to convince me that it is a good tactic.

It's absolutely rotten. I seem to recall it was part of JC's mythical attacking philosophy too.

For what it's worth, I would put Hayes and Fraser on opposite wings, right by the sideline just inside our half. Immediately they'd need two defenders to mark them and then a third to mark the huge open space in the middle. Then they have a maximum of 6 players in the box against our 8.

The way teams have played against us this season, defending a corner is probably one of our best attacking opportunities, hitting them on the counter with the pace of the aforesaid wingers.

Tough game against a team riding high at the top of the league, fresh from their champions league and Europa League endevours ;)

2-0 to the 'well!

Seriously though, I have been impressed by the number and potential quality of aquisitions the auld cunt has made over the summer. Watched the game against :lolceltic: and thought Aberdeen will be a bit more improved this year. Lets face it, you can't be any worse. The squad available should be on paper at least a decent shout for top 6.

Pish time for a kickoff, bring back the Saturday 3pm shots!

You should always leave 2 players upfront at a corner imo as more than likely you are up against 1 defender at the halfway line and if you get a counter attack you're surely going to tear them a new one

I don't think teams are going to leave 1 defender back regardless of how many players you have forward.

I think the point was if you leave two forward, they need at least three back to deal with that. It also means we have an outlet if we win the ball from said corner, rather than the ball coming straight back at us.

The lad McGinn get injured first game has fucked with Brooners plans. Now he's back I expect to see things change for the better.

Played the first 2 games up front but on his own with Vernon stuck out on left wing - really hope that is not his plan going forward or will be out by Xmas.