Hayes?

I'm sure most agree that Hayes is a very good player and is effective when playing on the wing. My question is: Assuming we played other players who were effective out wide e.g Fraser, Pawlett (yes, I know he's on loan) etc , could Jonny do a job playing in a supportive role to a main striker. I feel he could play there effectively or "in the hole". Thoughts?

I'm sure most agree that Hayes is a very good player and is effective when playing on the wing. My question is: Assuming we played other players who were effective out wide e.g Fraser, Pawlett (yes, I know he's on loan) etc , could Jonny do a job playing in a supportive role to a main striker. I feel he could play there effectively or "in the hole". Thoughts?

I agree, in fact i'd say that would be his best position

mickmccarthy.gif

Yep, I agree. If we had Fraser on the left and Pawlett on the right with Hayes zipping about the middle supporting the striker sounds like a great prospect; 3 exciting attacking players I feel.

[Channeling Graham Norton]

That attacking midfield role, right behind the front two, I like to call 'Jess' Hole.'

I think we've been looking for someone to fill Jess' Hole for a while now, and the lack thrust in that hole has been evident for quite some time .

Ghostie McDonald, Rae, Hughes, Duffer, Kerr, Young, Severin (to an extent), none of them had the mindset needed to really attack Jess' Hole with any sort of spunk. And we've paid the price with an obvious lack of shooting opportunities.

Stick Hayes in Jess' Hole, because the lad clearly likes to hammer away in Jess' hole, and I've no doubt that he, and the other forwards, will soon be shooting from every direction

I think we all want to experience the excitement of having a player in Jess' Hole, just shooting on sight.

I really think Hayes can come into his own, and he can be the fist we need... in Jess' Hole.

graham-norton-profile.jpg

[/Channeling Graham Norton]

Have you actually read the post?

Ive completely read it

We have a player who can take on a full back and put balls in from wide and you want to play him in the middle?????

What next Anderson up fromnt cos he can head a ball? (assuming of course reynolds and considine are fit)

Thoughts??? play players where they are best ie a wide player out wide not in the middle

:banghead:

Ive completely read it

We have a player who can take on a full back and put balls in from wide and you want to play him in the middle?????

What next Anderson up fromnt cos he can head a ball? (assuming of course reynolds and considine are fit)

Thoughts??? play players where they are best ie a wide player out wide not in the middle

:banghead:

Assuming we played other players who were effective out wide e.g Fraser, Pawlett

NO!!!!

write it as big as you like Assume we have as many wide players as you like its a daft idea play you best players in their best position

Anyway why would you play pawlett ahead of hayes? - hayes is still a better wide man than pawlett

Bamber, I think I can safely assume your last name isn't Gascoigne. Jonny Hayes is in my opinion an excellent winger but that's not to say he wouldn't be more effective playing further inside. He has quick acceleration, is capable of finding space where there is little to find, can thread a pass and can take people on. Sometimes wingers can be starved of the ball, playing further inside he COULD be more on the ball and thus more effective over the period of 90 minutes. I merely stated it as an option if we had effective wide players. Your stubborn refusal to accept that Hayes may be better in another position seems to lack insight. Next you'll be saying that Magennis isn't a full back......eh,........well, you might have a point on that one.

Actually Zoltan like i say i think Hayes would be better playing through the middle and McGinn maybe playing on the right. I don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of Johnny yet and that's cause i think as much as we hoped he'd solve our width problem, he's not been as effective as we'd hoped. That's why i still can't understand putting Pawlett out on loan

hell no. youve got a pacey winger who can go past people and put crosses it for other people to use their height and strength to beat the centre back.

instead, your saying put him in the middle where he can get closed down by multiple guys, be unable to use his pace because hell always be running into traffic, and wont ever challenge in the air, making any crosses worthless because as weve seen, vernon isnt a target man.

no.

leave the guy out wide where he his effective.

dare i say it, with wide players like fraser and hayes, the perfect re-addition to the team would be lee miller. the one thing the guy could do was win a header.

Hayes been decent so far but would contribute far far more to us when setting up to attack. Watch him when he hasn't got the ball aswell as on ball - a very intelligent football brain (not so sure about rest of brain reading on Twitter though lol). Think much more to come from the lad.

I'd have no issue with role swaps within a game where Hayes end up playing part of the game centrally. Don't see him there full time though, as he will rarely win anything in the air and I think he would get too crowded out in a lot of games to have any time on the ball, which is when he is at his best. You saw it yesterday when he did venture in and he just ended up passing it out to the wing again.

I'd also like someone to be playing in that role to be a bit more two footed than Hayes. Yesterday Hayes failed to keep a ball in that was simple to do with his right foot as he went with his left. His attempt at a shot with his right foot was up there with the most hilarious I've seen. He can swing in a cross with his right foot, but he is obviously nae comfortable overall with using it.

I think Hayes will score around 10 goals for us this season (maybe more) & in in all honesty, I'd be happy with that return because he will set up/create much more than that once we finally figure out how to play two men in the box for both him & Fraser to pepper with balls in.

Someone really needs to take Brown aside & give him a fkn good shake. Hopefully Teddy Scott can get him telt on this one :crossfingers:

I'd have no issue with role swaps within a game where Hayes end up playing part of the game centrally. Don't see him there full time though, as he will rarely win anything in the air and I think he would get too crowded out in a lot of games to have any time on the ball, which is when he is at his best. You saw it yesterday when he did venture in and he just ended up passing it out to the wing again.

I'd also like someone to be playing in that role to be a bit more two footed than Hayes. Yesterday Hayes failed to keep a ball in that was simple to do with his right foot as he went with his left. His attempt at a shot with his right foot was up there with the most hilarious I've seen. He can swing in a cross with his right foot, but he is obviously nae comfortable overall with using it.

Radical thought time here. Maybe play right footed Fraser on the right wing and the left footed Hayes on the left wing and use our width instead of this crappy opposite side nonsense aimed at narrowing it up when not got the ball.

I think Hayes will score around 10 goals for us this season (maybe more) & in in all honesty, I'd be happy with that return because he will set up/create much more than that once we finally figure out how to play two men in the box for both him & Fraser to pepper with balls in.

Someone really needs to take Brown aside & give him a fkn good shake. Hopefully Teddy Scott can get him telt on this one :crossfingers:

I don't think any player will score 10 goals for us this season.

• Downvote 2

We can but hope :crossfingers:

Is holding a seance part of training these days?

• Upvote 1