Chickens

thebladder

Yes. I've got 3 of them. You can keep them anywhere you want. The only way you'd get someone complaing is if you have a cockerel. You only need one of them if you're breeding.

If you're getting a coop for him then try and get one with a decent sized run. That's not needed if they are getting free run in the garden.

Feed them layers pellets and that's all they'd ever need for an egg a day.

I also feed them any veg left over from our tea or lunch and they have free roam of the gardens. Only pain is if you grow your own veg they'll eat the lot if it's not fenced in.

Drop me a PM if you need any advice.

They're great pets as well if you treat them right. Plenty attention and they'll come to you for petting. Kids love them.

Yes. I've got 3 of them. You can keep them anywhere you want. The only way you'd get someone complaing is if you have a cockerel. You only need one of them if you're breeding.

If you're getting a coop for him then try and get one with a decent sized run. That's not needed if they are getting free run in the garden.

Feed them layers pellets and that's all they'd ever need for an egg a day.

I also feed them any veg left over from our tea or lunch and they have free roam of the gardens. Only pain is if you grow your own veg they'll eat the lot if it's not fenced in.

Drop me a PM if you need any advice.

They're great pets as well if you treat them right. Plenty attention and they'll come to you for petting. Kids love them.

cheers for the info.

Was thinking about getting him something like this ?

His garden is pretty big so would probably build a bigger run they could roam about in during the day.

cheers for the info.

Was thinking about getting him something like this ?

His garden is pretty big so would probably build a bigger run they could roam about in during the day.

Same as my first coop but I 'd an extra run added. It looks big enough online but in real life if you see 3 chickens in there without a bigger run you feel sorry for them. The 8 foot one in your link is a bit better but still nae a massive run. Easy enough to extend with a bit of DIY.

My link

Only problem with wooden coops is red mite. Easy controlled with a spray every other month and giving the chickens a good dusting with Diatamaceous earth.

Same as my first coop but I 'd an extra run added. It looks big enough online but in real life if you see 3 chickens in there without a bigger run you feel sorry for them. The 8 foot one in your link is a bit better but still nae a massive run. Easy enough to extend with a bit of DIY.

My link

Only problem with wooden coops is red mite. Easy controlled with a spray every other month and giving the chickens a good dusting with Diatamaceous earth.

cool, space for a decent sized run won't be a problem, he's got about 40 sq m of grass to play with.