Fifa 13

K-9

What are people's thoughts on the game then?

Not too much of a difference gameplay wise. Nice to see little realistic improvements though, like the ball getting caught under the feet of players, poor first touches etc.

The MatchDay feature is very good for the kick off mode, means latest squads from the weekend are used and the in-game commentary is tailored to the weekend's events.

The SPL gets a fair bit of attention: Martin Tyler and Alan Smith will talk about individual clubs within the league during the match and talk about the SPL fairly in-depth as well. Nice to see a bit of attention rather than just ignoring it like they usually do,

Cannae believe sevco are 2 1/2 stars and Aberdeen are only 2. Beat them 3-2 the only time I have been matched up against them online.

I am quite enjoying it overall. Games in the rain are still ridiculous though, you can even go Barca in the rain and it is like having 5 Fosters and 5 Mackies in terms of control. Also don't really understand why they have changed the online friendlies to a 5 game season rather than a 10 game.

McGinn is a goal machine for Aberdeen.

fifa is utter rhubarb! most realistic game ever my hairy dowp! last fifa was ace i thought but this ane is mince.

WHICH has prompted me to go back to PES, anybody played it yet??? its been extreme gash for the last 3 or 4 years but i keep hearin this ane is back to its old school aceness!

cana wait for FM13 on november 2nd either, itl be a very unsociable month for me then!

fifa is utter rhubarb! most realistic game ever my hairy dowp! last fifa was ace i thought but this ane is mince.

Both are the exact same as far as I can see.

Not one of the issues with FIFA 12 has been sorted. A game in the rain is still a complete lottery. The referees decisions on fouls are completely inconsistent, even within a particular game. It is still far too easy to square a pass for a goal as defenders you don't control don't track well. Keepers still have a habit of parrying it to the worst possible place, though maybe not as often as 12. I can't see anything that was good about FIFA 12 gameplay that has disappeared either.

I only play online and I have a few issues with it. The server issues are very annoying just now. I also don't like the matching in seasons. You do have an option to only allow the same star rating, but it leaves you sitting for ages and you never get a game. I always get drawn against better rated teams when I am Aberdeen (had 3 star Bristol City a few games back against 2 star Aberdeen). And whenever you go a 4 1/2 star team you always get a game against PSG/Barca/Real.

I was terrible at 12 and hated it at first, but picked it up again when I got bored of COD. Seems to have rolled perfectly in to 13, got a decent enough record on seasons despite getting the shite end of the team selection all to often.

Both are the exact same as far as I can see.

Not one of the issues with FIFA 12 has been sorted. A game in the rain is still a complete lottery. The referees decisions on fouls are completely inconsistent, even within a particular game. It is still far too easy to square a pass for a goal as defenders you don't control don't track well. Keepers still have a habit of parrying it to the worst possible place, though maybe not as often as 12. I can't see anything that was good about FIFA 12 gameplay that has disappeared either.

I only play online and I have a few issues with it. The server issues are very annoying just now. I also don't like the matching in seasons. You do have an option to only allow the same star rating, but it leaves you sitting for ages and you never get a game. I always get drawn against better rated teams when I am Aberdeen (had 3 star Bristol City a few games back against 2 star Aberdeen). And whenever you go a 4 1/2 star team you always get a game against PSG/Barca/Real.

I was terrible at 12 and hated it at first, but picked it up again when I got bored of COD. Seems to have rolled perfectly in to 13, got a decent enough record on seasons despite getting the shite end of the team selection all to often.

aye the thing i hated the most is the new first touch, fair enough every player doesnt have a great first touch, but every single player i played with played it 4 yards in front of himself when controlling a pass, sucks. and aye the online issues are so fuckin annoyin.

i loved 12, i was actually good at it and won the division 1 title 4 times and a few cups. but its always been the same with fifa online, whoever i go i play a better team. the majority of cunts go one of the 5 star teams.

spoke to my brother who has been playin new PES and he says its just as shit as last couple years! dammit! so iv a big decision to make, either exchange pes for fifa AGAIN, or give up on playin a footy game this year and just play Madden NFL, which is magic!

• 3 weeks later...

They're both pish. Can't believe how overrated the FIFA games are. Not had a good one since 99.

ROR, so had to buy a new Xbox and managed to trade in the new Forza and get Fifa for free.

Been enjoying it more than any of the others I've played lately. Basically chose the Dons team as my ultimate team with James Forrest there too (really struggling to find Fraser online). Infuriating when the Ultimate team server goes down after a 4-0 win though!

• 3 weeks later...