Mcleish & Miller

Gordon Smart, Scottish editor of Bizarre in The Sun, tweeted earlier today...

Gordon Smart ‏@gordonsmart

Ally Ross is lodging in my office at The Sun. He's started moving the furniture about. Like Willie Miller and Alex McLeish, there's tension.

I thought that he was referring to Willie Miller and Alan Hansen but he seems convinced that there was off pitch beef...

@dj_bollocks on the pitch. Off the pitch, they were sworn enemies.

I wasn't aware of any off pitch beef...

Who's right ?

PS He's a Hibee....

Gordon Smart, Scottish editor of Bizarre in The Sun, tweeted earlier today...

Gordon Smart ‏@gordonsmart

Ally Ross is lodging in my office at The Sun. He's started moving the furniture about. Like Willie Miller and Alex McLeish, there's tension.

I thought that he was referring to Willie Miller and Alan Hansen but he seems convinced that there was off pitch beef...

@dj_bollocks on the pitch. Off the pitch, they were sworn enemies.

I wasn't aware of any off pitch beef...

Who's right ?

PS He's a Hibee....

Never heard of it, but it wouldn't surprise me...

Big red was furious at his treatment by both club and manager as they pushed him to move away in 94 as he thought he would finish career here and had been told previously that they would find a coaching job at some level for him.

That's probably correct.

It should all be in the past now though. Mcleish is big enough now to understand how the game works.

We had the chance to get McLeish back to the Club as Manager when he was still at Hibs.

We had him on a plate however the Board, for some bizarre reason, chose to stick with Ebbe at the time and a few months later Big Eck went to the huns.

Possibly one of the most monumental fuck ups in our history but we

I hope that they each cavorted with the other's wife

Did you ever see Claire Miller?

We had the chance to get McLeish back to the Club as Manager when he was still at Hibs.

We had him on a plate however the Board, for some bizarre reason, chose to stick with Ebbe at the time and a few months later Big Eck went to the huns.

Possibly one of the most monumental fuck ups in our history but we

miller had well hairy legs.

in the warm up, you could smell and see the shiny deep heat off his meaty, bushy hams.

that was eck's fear.

You seemed to pay a lot of attention, eh? Were you giving him "hello sailor" eyes from the sidelines in hope, oh sweet hope, that willie would come hither... right? I'm right aren't I.

Lucky escape more like.

He's a poor manager.

Every club he's gone to he's tried to re-build a team and failed miserably.

Legend as a player, a decent big bloke....but not a good manager and the football his teams play is dire.

Hope he's never manager of the Dons

2nd with Motherwell

3rd with Hibs

Huns first season double, next season treble, next season no trophies, following season title, and then season after managed to get huns to last 16 of champion league.

Scotland played 10, won 7.

Birmingham 9th place in EPL, following season won League Cup and managed relagation

Aston Villa tumbleweed.gif Erm, pishe.

I would say he is better than a "poor manager"

• Upvote 1

Lucky escape more like.

He's a poor manager.

Every club he's gone to he's tried to re-build a team and failed miserably.

Legend as a player, a decent big bloke....but not a good manager and the football his teams play is dire. Hope he's never manager of the Dons

2nd with Motherwell

3rd with Hibs

Huns first season double, next season treble, next season no trophies, following season title, and then season after managed to get huns to last 16 of champion league.

Scotland played 10, won 7.

Birmingham 9th place in EPL, following season won League Cup and managed relagation

Aston Villa tumbleweed.gif Erm, pishe.

I would say he is better than a "poor manager"

& he had Hibs at least, playing some very nice football from what I remember.

To say he is not a good manager is just way off the mark.

Villa is the only glich on his managerial record imo.

I think some are thinking that because he played quite defensively with Scotland, that his team(s) played dire but that is basically what is "expected" withScotland & it certainly worked in his case. But over all he plays nice football & his record speaks for itself.

I'd certainly have him as Aberdeen manager, especially if he had us playing the way he had his Hibs team playing.