James Bond Day

looksgoodinred

It's exactly 50 years ago today since the first Bond film Doctor No, got its world premiere. Unsure whether audience brought up on a diet of light-hearted Cary Grant thrillers would take to this sexist, ruthless British agent, it was initially only shown in a few cinemas.

Goldfinger being my favourite. And Sean Connery my favourite Bond. Followed closely by Daniel Craig. :sheepdance:

Apparently half the world's population has watched a Bond movie! Your favourite?

http://www.007.com/global-james-bond-day-announced/

There's really not many stinkers of the Bond oeuvre... The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day are a bit implausible, but for the most part if there's one on the telly it's hard not to switch the channel. Even the Dalton ones (I quite like them...)

But you can't go past the run of Goldfinger, Thunderball and You Only Live Twice as movies that you can quite happily plonk your arse in front of and enjoy...

Aye no one beleives me when I say that. But I'm not a big cinema goer nor do I watch a lot of films on the TV. Never have done.

I'm not into action films anyway.

I had to go to a James Bond themed party once. I couldn't make head nor tail of what people were meant to be but I remember one guy dressed as a shark. I hate fancy dress so after a little research I pushed the boat out and painted a finger and eye with gold makeup.

• Downvote 1

Aye no one beleives me when I say that. But I'm not a big cinema goer nor do I watch a lot of films on the TV. Never have done.

I'm not into action films anyway.

I had to go to a James Bond themed party once. I couldn't make head nor tail of what people were meant to be but I remember one guy dressed as a shark. I hate fancy dress so after a little research I pushed the boat out and painted a finger and eye with gold makeup.

A funny way of pretending to be Octopussy. :laughing:

I'm the same.

I've never seen any of the Star Wars pish either.

Or any of the other so-called epics.

I've no patience for watching films.

Funny you should say that. I think there's something wrong with me, maybe ADHD because I don't have the patience to watch films very often. Or actually many things, I just don't have patience.

Just like dyslexia.

It's real, look at Bluto.

Either that, or he's just thick as fuck.

Calling folk thick as fuck is a no no these days. Dyslexic sounds better.

Or mentally challenged.

Anyway, I've no patience whatsoever and I dinna see the attraction of James Bond, unless you're so adept at deluding yourself that you actually believe the pish that's unfolding before your eyes, or can fool yourself into thinking it might be possible.

It's not. It's made up.

It's real, look at Bluto.

Either that, or he's just thick as fuck.

Calling folk thick as fuck is a no no these days. Dyslexic sounds better.

Or mentally challenged.

Anyway, I've no patience whatsoever and I dinna see the attraction of James Bond, unless you're so adept at deluding yourself that you actually believe the pish that's unfolding before your eyes, or can fool yourself into thinking it might be possible.

It's not. It's made up.

I'm led to believe some of this stuff actually happens, assassination via poison umbrella, exploding cigars, Lipstick guns, Exploding rats and secret underground lay-ers.

operation_enduring_freedom_tora_bora_cave_complex.jpg

I'm led to believe some of this stuff actually happens, assassination via poison umbrella, exploding cigars, Lipstick guns, Exploding rats and secret underground lay-ers.

operation_enduring_freedom_tora_bora_cave_complex.jpg

All of that work in a mountain and he ended up an a shithole house in Pakistan. :banghead:

And if that drawing is to scale he was riding around on a 50 foot in length horse. :blink:

Bin Laden was the ultimate James Bond bad guy... a cross between Goldfinger and Goldstein.

American Intelligence couldn't have fabricated a more cliched bad guy if they had tried.

Foreign, rich, wants to destroy their way of life, secret underground layer, 'unprovoked attack', and a spaceship that eats other spaceships.

vlcsnap-2011-05-10-23h39m22s177.png