Jit - Still Allowed

Charlie Cooke was one of the greats, but in his time at Pittodrie he was always guilty of trying to beat yet another man, and losing the ball far too often.

Interesting, thanks for the insight - before my time at todders but just about remember him for Chelsea and Scotland playing in a similar supporting role to Ryan Fraser - hopefully Ryan won't get the showboating weakness.

At the risk of getting carried away, the Dons were absolutely outstanding going forward at times in the second half yesterday. If this team isn't entertaining enough to tempt the stay-aways back then it'll never happen.

Ryan Fraser alone, on that form, is worth a 40 quid admission fee. Every single time he gets the ball he turns and looks to take on the man (or three as it was at times), I can't remember him once taking it and passing it sideways or backwards. He took a few clatterings but i'm sure he'll learn to avoid them, you can see Jonny Hayes senses when the nasty challenge is coming and knows to turn away.

Everybody else was also magnificent but if i'm being fussy, it was a freak goal but Clangers might have done better. And some of Andersons distribution was poor. Failing that, top class entertainment! Well done boys :applause: :applause:

Should have been in hours ago but my mate was playing a county bowling match which meant I had to watch and have some more cider

Firstly, some have said "massive improvement", I can say we know have footballers in the team. Sounds strange but by christ its true , and to an extent it is a "massive improvement"

Anyway, first half I didnt think we were terrible just a bit off the pace and I need to see the first goal again to assess whether it was indeed a "clanger", to me he stopped and should have reacted better , but perhaps thats hyper critical.

Second half, WOW, just wow. A football team that play football, the way its meant to be played, I still dont think the formation is getting the ABSOLUTE best out of the team, but the talent is good enough to make it work. I have to say gents and ladies, after the final whistle I have never felt as proud of a display of football in a long, long time, it was exciting and enjoyable, hand on heart I cannot say that about any Aberdeen team in the last 20 years ! It was that good to me. Special mention to the old grey nutter with the barbour jacket in front of me, who took football swearing to a new level

Langfield its either a 7 or a 4 depending on the first goal

Jack- Tidy 7

Anderson-8 , a wee bit shaky at the start, then did what he does best defend

Consdine Again tidy -7

Reynolds- good -7

Osbourne- 8 The water carrier, still think he might be better at RB, but just gets stuck in recycles , loads of energy

Hughes- 9 Cannot understand the hatred, well I can, he is a weegie Hun, creates space for himself finds a team mate , easy, simple but very effective, been crying out for a player like this for years

Rae - 7 I dont know what to make of Rae, thought is overall play was ok, but he has the classic knack of the "late run into the box" that isnt taught and is talent

Mcginn- 8 Striker/Winger- who cares, talented and scores goals, I AM IN

Vernon- 8 felt sorry for Vern, has to drop so deep, not his game, but an outstanding finish and was very pleased

Saved the best for last. I remember when Tup was spunking himself silly about Maguire and I mentioned he doesnt have heart.

Frasers technical ability is there, but over and above that , a heart of a lion as a i said earlier , he gets BRUTALISED all game, gets back up and says fuck you, I am going to beat you again. I dont think in all my time I have seen a young man with so much courage and desire, Maguire didnt have it, and neither did Fyvie. Young man I would pay to watch you every week. - 10 out of 10, sensational, get him on a big contract now.

I truly enjoyed today, well done Aberdeen

well said that man. :applause:

Just seen the highlights- Langfield not at fault in the slightest - unless you want to blame him for not holding a stinging shot from Harkins.

This is clearly an opinion shared by most or he'd be getting castigated.

Would be good to see a few take back their comments from yesterday, but I suppose that'd be too much to ask.

---

Incidentally, also just seen the Hibs goal, having missed it last week - definite poor goalkeeping there.

• Downvote 1

I remember commenting on here after the under 19 Scottish cup game between Aberdeen and Celtic at Pittodrie last season that Ryan Fraser wasn't ready for first team football.

By fuck was I wrong.

Maybe you weren't. He's young, things change quickly at that age. He definitely showed the raw ability when he got his sniff of the first team ages back but maybe he needed that extra 6-12 months to mature onto a game?

Whatever it was, he's certainly our most exciting prospect in a long time.

Just seen the highlights- Langfield not at fault in the slightest - unless you want to blame him for not holding a stinging shot from Harkins.

This is clearly an opinion shared by most or he'd be getting castigated.

Would be good to see a few take back their comments from yesterday, but I suppose that'd be too much to ask.

Sorry but I disagree with that. Clangers never seemed to react (and even then it was a pathetic arms waving attempt) until the ball which was hardly traveling at the speed of light dropped over the goal line. His reaction speed was shite, just as it was last week.

Maybe he's nae getting such a hard time fae folk as they would rather reflect upon the performance of the team rather than another gaff from this clown.

A great win by all accounts and Fraser looks impressive despite the hatchet men being

assigned to mark him.

Yet again Langfield goes for parrying the ball instead of catching it and whilst i don't

think there was much he could have done to stop it going into net afterwards it

wouldn't have happened if he'd caught the first attempt.

Clangers has done OK this season after his horror error in the first game.

Credit where credit's due.

Of course if you had went to the Hibs game you'd have a different view point but hey it was an early kick off and we know how difficult it is for you to get out of bed earlier in the morning for such events. :rolleyes:

Of course if you had went to the Hibs game you'd have a different view point but hey it was an early kick off and we know how difficult it is for you to get out of bed earlier in the morning for such events. :rolleyes:

No I wouldna of.

So fuck you.

I watched the Hibs game in entirety and I don't blame Clangers for not reaching the shot from Doyle as he hit it so well it was far from an elementary save.

Watching Enkelman for Hearts yesterday makes you thankful for Clangers.

• Downvote 1

No I wouldna of.

So fuck you.

I watched the Hibs game in entirety and I don't blame Clangers for not reaching the shot from Doyle as he hit it so well it was far from an elementary save.

Watching Enkelman for Hearts yesterday makes you thankful for Clangers.

I never said it was a shot that could have been stopped by an elementary save.

However someone attending an elementary school would have been capable of saving it.

Water under the bridge now and we beat the AIDS infested cunts regardless.

I don't understand why you were watching the Hearts match.

Care to explain your reasons for that? :clangers: