Formations

Having now has some bromide and a cold bath since Saturday I have been thinking about what formation and what players would be the best and most effective for us. I think Mcginn is adding something and I was wondering if we could deploy him right up front with Vernon. Yes we do have width at the moment , but to me 80% of our play was down Fraser's side and I feel we need to maybe mix it up more. If everyone was fit and able I wonder if below would be a consideration , a basic 4-4-2. Langfield in goal, lb naysmith, rb jack/oz cb reynolds, cd anderson, rm hayes, cm oz/rae , cm hughes, lm fraser, cf mcginn, cf vernon.

I guess you can mix and chop and change it , just wonder if we played that formation and had a right go at a team if would be interesting

• Downvote 1

Having now has some bromide and a cold bath since Saturday I have been thinking about what formation and what players would be the best and most effective for us. I think Mcginn is adding something and I was wondering if we could deploy him right up front with Vernon. Yes we do have width at the moment , but to me 80% of our play was down Fraser's side and I feel we need to maybe mix it up more. If everyone was fit and able I wonder if below would be a consideration , a basic 4-4-2. Langfield in goal, lb naysmith, rb jack/oz cb reynolds, cd anderson, rm hayes, cm oz/rae , cm hughes, lm fraser, cf mcginn, cf vernon.

I guess you can mix and chop and change it , just wonder if we played that formation and had a right go at a team if would be interesting

If it ain't broke dont fix it

8 goals in three games says leave well alone to me - and yes that does mean Hayes stays on the bench if all are fit

If it ain't broke dont fix it

8 goals in three games says leave well alone to me - and yes that does mean Hayes stays on the bench if all are fit

The team has been playing well and creating chances or at least near chances in every game this season.

We are getting better and better in every game we play. Why would you want to change it?

Baffling

Nice to have a positive selection headache for a change, instead of trying to work out what dross is going to fill up gaps.

Only thing I'd prefer to avoid just now is Considine at left back, but it isn't causing us major problems.

I'd leave as is and make it up to Hayes to prove that he is worthy of a starting berth again. Can only benefit the team more if we have people fighting to earn places.

Nice to have a positive selection headache for a change, instead of trying to work out what dross is going to fill up gaps.

Only thing I'd prefer to avoid just now is Considine at left back, but it isn't causing us major problems.

I'd leave as is and make it up to Hayes to prove that he is worthy of a starting berth again. Can only benefit the team more if we have people fighting to earn places.

I would have Naysmith back at LB

right now the only weak link is Considine but its not his fault. He's a centre half and Brown can't seem to bring himself to drop one of Reynolds, Anderson or Considine.

Is Clark Robertson that bad that he cannot play at LB before Considine? If so then we don;t really have a choice till Naysmith returns. When he does then he should be right back in at LB.

Stick with formation and personnel for United away. Would like to see Naysmith recalled the following week though, and hopefully Hayes, Milsom and Fallon are pushing for starts.

I was calling for 4-4-2 a lot during the first 8 games or so but Brown has been proved right to stick with the 4-5-1 although some of it coming good is down to McGinn's willingness to get into the box whereas Fraser and Hayes are more keen to get down the line and put a cross in.