Fit Keeper?

no one in scotland it seems. langfield and brown seem as good if not better than anyone.

killie keeper on saturday looked honking, and enckleman was so bad at celtic park someone off the street could not have been more nervous.

if were to end up with a top keeper the scouts are going to need to earn their corn as they are not going to fall on our lap.

Getting a young 'up and coming' keeper on loan could be the way forward.

I remember Falkirk getting Tim Krul on loan a few years back.

Most of their keepers have been loan deals over the years. Effective short-term with them getting Krul, Schmeichel etc but it has proved a very problematic position for them since then up until now. Don't really agree with loaning in a goalkeeper unless there is a good chance of the signing being made permanent. It's a position which needs continuity.

id honestly take almost anyone over clangers. apart fae enckelman, im certain that im even better than that cunt. id take cerny if it transpires that he is actually available on a free. but theres due to be plenty of decent keepers unattached around the world just now, cant be that hard to find out who. pisses me off how shit our scouting system is.

Everone seems to agree that keeper is the problem area in our squad.

I don't, I think he's doing alright.

Every keeper makes mistakes and Clangers is no exception.

The mark of a keeper is to look at how many goals have been conceded in the season.

In our case, our record is very good indeed.

Now, you can say the return of Anderson is a big part of that, but Clangers is not exactly peripheral to that figure. He's the last line of defence, and for as many howlers as he's made (one) this season, he's saved us on more occasions.

He's perfectly acceptable in terms of what we can afford.

• Downvote 3

The mark of a keeper is to look at how many goals have been conceded in the season.

Now, you can say the return of Anderson is a big part of that, but Clangers is not exactly peripheral to that figure. He's the last line of defence, and for as many howlers as he's made (one) this season, he's saved us on more occasions.

fuck off millertime`

• Upvote 2

He's been punished for 1, he's been let off with at least 3 others I can think of.

The thing that bugs me most about him though is his piss poor kicking. You'd think someone that plays a game called football would actually be able to use his foot on the ball.

It's my honest opinion.

Let's not forget many of our fans thought that Jason Brown was better than Clangers.

Which is patently not the case.

Playing Brown in the SC semi-final last year cost us a shot at the final, as did playing Soutar against QoS in 2007.

We could buy another keeper, but there's no guarantee he'll be any better, and will probably be worse when it boils down to it.

I say better the devil you know, especially where keepers are concerned, experience counts.

He's been punished for 1, he's been let off with at least 3 others I can think of.

The thing that bugs me most about him though is his piss poor kicking. You'd think someone that plays a game called football would actually be able to use his foot on the ball.

Yes but we're not in the market for a Snelders anymore, we've been spoiled in the past is the problem.

If he could kick as well he wouldna be playing for Aberdeen.

as i've said before i would find it highly unlikely, that you'd find a worse professional goalkeeper than langfield. anyone would be an improvement.

Well I think the Aberdeen and Celtic goals at the weekend were horrific goalkeeping. Would have backed myself to save some of them.

Not a fan of Langfield but he is not the worst.

It's my honest opinion.

Let's not forget many of our fans thought that Jason Brown was better than Clangers.

Playing Brown in the SC semi-final last year cost us a shot at the final, as did playing Soutar against QoS in 2007.

We could buy another keeper, but there's no guarantee he'll be any better, and will probably be worse when it boils down to it.

I say better the devil you know, especially where keepers are concerned, experience counts.

and Langfield's performance in the semi at tynecastle?

More inclined to agree with Tup on this one.

I'm not Langfield's biggest fan but at the end of the day he is here to stay and despite what some say, he isn't the worst 'keeper in the World.

Looking forward to Danny Rogers coming through as opposed to looking at any other Goalkeepers for the moment.

It's my honest opinion.

behave yourself min. jason brown, is blatently a better keeper than langfield. his attitude may be poor but his goalkeeping ability is far better than langfields. jason brown did not cost us a place in the final, craig brown bringing on darren mackie did. when the day comes that clangers is finally binned from aberdeen, where do you think he'll end up? neville southall recently said he hopes jason brown plays in the world cup qualifier double header this weekend, could you imagine him or anyone else campaigning langfield for an international cap for scotland? it's pretty damning his inept best mate jim leighton doesn't think he's good enough even as scotlands apparent 9th best keeper.

behave yourself min. jason brown, is blatently a better keeper than langfield. his attutde may be poor but his goalkeeping ability is far better than langfields. jason brown did not cost us a place in the final, craig brown bringing on darren mackie did. when the day comes that clangers is finally binned from aberdeen, where do you think he'll end up? neville southall recently said he hopes jason brown plays in the world cup qualifier double header this weekend, could you imagine him or anyone else campaigning langfield for an international cap for scotland? it's pretty damning his inept best mate jim leighton doesn't think he's good enough even as scotlands apparent 9th best keeper.

I totally disagree with you.

Yes but we're not in the market for a Snelders anymore, we've been spoiled in the past is the problem.

If he could kick as well he wouldna be playing for Aberdeen.

more like if he didnt drop the ball at least 3 times a game, could kick a ball first time, could come for a cross and didnt look like he was a downs kid he wouldnt be playing for Aberdeen.

More inclined to agree with Tup on this one.

I'm not Langfield's biggest fan but at the end of the day he is here to stay and despite what some say, he isn't the worst 'keeper in the World.

Looking forward to Danny Rogers coming through as opposed to looking at any other Goalkeepers for the moment.

thats not exactly a reason to keep him KF

Langfield is just one of these geezers who's every move is scrutinized. He isn't a world class keeper but he is better than most in the SPL. I don't trust him in certain games though - our next game will certainly be interesting.

Anderson almost cost us a goal last Saturday... not a whisper

how much times has anderson saved us over the years? fucking disgusting you would compare a club legend to a clown like langfield who is no better than most junior keepers.

• Upvote 1

:clangers2:

wish i knew how to spell "fortee" (sp) because goalkeeping isna yours tup.

I've done an SFA goalkeeping course thank you very much for your concern.

Langfield is a better keeper than Brown, and Brown getting selected for Wales whilst Langfield does not get selected for Scotland is because, as I'm sure you're aware as you're the expert, Scotland have many more better keepers than Wales do.

It's certainly not proof that one is good and one is not.

In terms of technical ability, Langfield is simply better, he does the basics right.

Funnily enough the course was taken by David McArdle and he said Langfield was the best keeper he'd worked with.