Sevco Thread

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
24 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Goram aside, can you imagine being told you have 4-6 weeks to go and that's it and those final weeks are going to be fucking grim?  A question for @Ten Caat why would he( Goram) even bother getting the radiotherapy? 

Fuck it man.  

Aw cunts die. 

There's no aw cunts had a barry life like Andy Goram.   Plenty riding, bevvy and games for the Hibees and Scotlin. 

I am sure God will swipe the hunnery shite away and let the fat wee cunt chill in peace. 

Hibs legend. 

4 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Update from Andy Goram.

Just a wee update..
As you know I took a wee turn for the worst Tuesday…
I had another scan Tuesday and unfortunately the cancer has spread far to quickly for normal…
The situation is that now the surgeon has let me know I just have between 4 - 6 weeks to go ?
There’s lymph nodes in my neck that has been attacked by the cancer and I’m now going to the Beatson Monday to get a protector fitted ready for a session of radiotherapy on Tuesday to blitz it….
If been told that later next week I’ve got the first bed available for St Andrews Hospice to spend some quality time with my Son Danny and grandkids and of course my family…..and friends..
It’s a quality place with the best facilities and medication…

Tbh it’s the best place to be for my treatment and for R+R so I’m looking forward to getting there..

Thanks again for all your love and support and you really have no idea how much it means to me

Such a shame. Those middle aged woman he fleeced will never get the money back they leant him now.

• Upvote 1
Guest Grays Babylon 1875
10 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Such a shame. Those middle aged woman he fleeced will never get the money back they leant him now.

They'll be frigging themselves in to oblivion, whilst their podgy husbands are wanking off noggies on a platform in the north sea. 

Hate it or love it, if you had a tasty bitch in the 90s, Andy Goram fucked that cow. 

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Goram aside, can you imagine being told you have 4-6 weeks to go and that's it and those final weeks are going to be fucking grim?  A question for @Ten Caat why would he( Goram) even bother getting the radiotherapy? 

Radiotherapy alone isn't anything other than palliative. It might shrink the tumour just enough that he might be able to swallow something ....liquids at best....that may make the short time he has left slightly more bearable. Of course it comes with its own drawbacks and is never a pleasant experience. But the cancer he has is brutal and I'd probably agree with his oncologist that for him it's the right thing to do. 

He'll already be on hefty doses of morphine and the dosage will increase as his time draws to a close. In many cases it's actually the morphine that kills the patient rather than the cancer. It's not considered euthanasia as the dosage can be justified as it's needed to relieve the pain....you get addicted rapidly and as with all addicts you need more and more to get the correct effect.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Radiotherapy alone isn't anything other than palliative. It might shrink the tumour just enough that he might be able to swallow something ....liquids at best....that may make the short time he has left slightly more bearable. Of course it comes with its own drawbacks and is never a pleasant experience. But the cancer he has is brutal and I'd probably agree with his oncologist that for him it's the right thing to do. 

He'll already be on hefty doses of morphine and the dosage will increase as his time draws to a close. In many cases it's actually the morphine that kills the patient rather than the cancer. It's not considered euthanasia as the dosage can be justified as it's needed to relieve the pain....you get addicted rapidly and as with all addicts you need more and more to get the correct effect.

Calm doon Dr Miriam Stoppard. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
24 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Talking of addicts......and who should mosey on in but the spoonburner

Get back in your Lochend bedsit hovel,  mongchops

I'll accept that. 

Decent, but predictable patter. 

Fat cunt. 

Comments from Foster on Scott Wright. To think this guy captained us with this mentality. 

“The biggest difference going from Aberdeen to Rangers is just that level of expectation. At Aberdeen you’re not expected to win every week. So your mindset and mentality have to be different at Rangers. To get yourself into that mindset is difficult because you’re not used to it. Scott will have found that coming from Aberdeen. At Pittodrie there will be games when you’ve played well and drawn - but that’s OK. To go from Aberdeen to a European final is some journey to go on.”  

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Folk are allowed to just starve to death in these conditions. A dog would be put down and everyone would say its the right thing to do as its suffering too much. You should have the right to take a wee dose of permanent sleepy stuff. Cowards for politicians we have. 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Folk are allowed to just starve to death in these conditions. A dog would be put down and everyone would say its the right thing to do as its suffering too much. You should have the right to take a wee dose of permanent sleepy stuff. Cowards for politicians we have. 

Generally speaking that's not true nowadays. If you become functionally unable to swallow food for whatever reason, you will be offered a "PEG" (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy)..... essentially a hole through the abdominal wall into the stomach through which a small catheter is passed allowing for liquid nutrition and adequate hydration to be maintained. However in a small number of cases the patient's condition might be already too poor for this relatively minor operation to be an option. And a few do actively choose to refuse it for whatever personal reason. 

4 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Another thing, if you don't mind, would a patient on morphine at this time be aware of their surroundings ,the predicament they are in etc..., or would they be 'spaced out to fuck' as it were?

Depends on why they're on the morphine and how long they've been on it. 

If you have an emergency operation, say for a twisted bowel....and you weren't on morphine for another pre-existing condition........you'll be prescribed diamorphine injections (or a continuous infusion of it) for post-op pain for a few days. It'll certainly space you out as well as relieving your pain as you aren't used to it.

But if you have a long term condition....not even necessarily one that's rapidly terminal....you may have been on "opioid" medications for months or years. For example rheumatoid arthritis where the sufferer is allergic to the usual treatment of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories. Co-codamol that you can buy out the chemists is the weakest opioid...you might then need to move on to prescription only co-cocamol (Tylex you might know this as) ....where the dosage of codeine in each tablet is nearly 4 times that of the over the counter version. You'll certainly be addicted after a few weeks and you might eventually need to go on to dihydrocodeine (DF118 you might know it as) which is essentially double strength codeine. Beyond this you could go onto oxycodone which is a controlled drug or maybe onto morphine itself...you'll start on smallish doses but because of your previous opioid use you won't be spaced out as a completely new opioid user would.

However if you have a rapidly progressing cancer, you might need higher and higher doses over a shortish timescale to get an analgesic effect and even at some point this would take it's toll and leave you spaced out. Not necessarily a bad thing in the end stages of  a terminal illness, although the premise of terminal analgesia is to only use a sufficient dose as to relieve the pain without causing sedation or "spacing out". But often far easier in theory than it is to achieve in practice

28 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Depends on why they're on the morphine and how long they've been on it. 

If you have an emergency operation, say for a twisted bowel....and you weren't on morphine for another pre-existing condition........you'll be prescribed diamorphine injections (or a continuous infusion of it) for post-op pain for a few days. It'll certainly space you out as well as relieving your pain as you aren't used to it.

But if you have a long term condition....not even necessarily one that's rapidly terminal....you may have been on "opioid" medications for months or years. For example rheumatoid arthritis where the sufferer is allergic to the usual treatment of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories. Co-codamol that you can buy out the chemists is the weakest opioid...you might then need to move on to prescription only co-cocamol (Tylex you might know this as) ....where the dosage of codeine in each tablet is nearly 4 times that of the over the counter version. You'll certainly be addicted after a few weeks and you might eventually need to go on to dihydrocodeine (DF118 you might know it as) which is essentially double strength codeine. Beyond this you could go onto oxycodone which is a controlled drug or maybe onto morphine itself...you'll start on smallish doses but because of your previous opioid use you won't be spaced out as a completely new opioid user would.

However if you have a rapidly progressing cancer, you might need higher and higher doses over a shortish timescale to get an analgesic effect and even at some point this would take it's toll and leave you spaced out. Not necessarily a bad thing in the end stages of  a terminal illness, although the premise of terminal analgesia is to only use a sufficient dose as to relieve the pain without causing sedation or "spacing out". But often far easier in theory than it is to achieve in practice

Source ?

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

I was on Tramadol for back pain.

Tremendous stuff.  Used to bound out of bed in the morning looking forward to taking my first one of the day. 

Tramadol before coffee.

7 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I was on Tramadol for back pain.

Tremendous stuff.  Used to bound out of bed in the morning looking forward to taking my first one of the day. 

Tramadol before coffee.

No way

I took that after getting my tonsils out and it was a horrendous experience 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
40 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No way

I took that after getting my tonsils out and it was a horrendous experience 

What happened likes ?

I just felt mellow and bizarrely, developed a speech impediment.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
1 minute ago, Don Fonte said:

He got addicted and his teeth fell out.

Ah no.

I thought Weegies could handle their drugs.

They invented the fuckers.

2 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

There was an over the counter co codamol called paramol. Think that was dihydrocodeine. Fucked me right up. 

Similarly to over the counter co-codamol with it's codeine content, paramol ( co-dydramol) contains a relatively low dosage of dihydrocodeine per tablet compared to that of prescription only dihydrocodeine (about 25%). Paramol is the strongest over the counter painkiller available....but also fairly expensive, about treble the price of co-cocodamol (and I think you only get 24 tablets as opposed to 32)

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

It was utterly bizarre

I was so goosed I lost my wedding ring (and I was nowhere but in bed for 3 days)

Did you check your anus cavity..? 

Frankie Boyle had a show called Tramadol nights after his or his mates experience on it was similarly wild.

A breeze for me.  Think I sat on my chair for about a month giggling at Jeremy Kyle.