Sevco Thread

5 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Why do weegies love Blackpool? Genuine question. Some historical link like the big ex weegie population in Corby?

As far as i know, no historical link other than weegies bussing it down there for a holiday since the late 50s. Traditional weegie holiday destination. Like Dubai for Aberdonians. 

56 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

So somebody tells you a joke and you point out their 1 grammatical mistake?

Nope, just harmlessly noting the humour of the irony.

Errors are fine, however, in this case you were making fun of of 'there' OUTSTANDING ENGLISH (hence the :checkit: ).

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

You sound like a fun chap? 

I am, and I can laugh at myself (which you should have done).

• Upvote 3
30 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Nope, just harmlessly noting the humour of the irony.

Errors are fine, however, in this case you were making fun of of 'there' OUTSTANDING ENGLISH (hence the :checkit: ).

I am, and I can laugh at myself (which you should have done).

A did, stop taking life so series (serious)hehehe, ?

2 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Fucking brilliant. Car loads of the twats pulling up at the beach down there to watch the game only to go on the rampage because the pubs are padlocked. Lovely.

That confirmed, surely not?

The government are equally as stupid if so, despite the Hun / Tim’s not being their problem they should have prewarned them they were going to do it because it will be their problem tomorrow if they turn up tomorrow and can’t watch the game.

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

That confirmed, surely not?

The government are equally as stupid if so, despite the Hun / Tim’s not being their problem they should have prewarned them they were going to do it because it will be their problem tomorrow if they turn up tomorrow and can’t watch the game.

You think a few arsecheek fans in Blackpool should influence UK parliament pandemic policy? 

Just now, maryhilldon said:

You think a few arsecheek fans in Blackpool should influence UK parliament pandemic policy? 

No I think everybody knows they are going to watch the game and they must have known shutdown was coming. 

They would have saved themselves getting the place getting trashed tomorrow if they said it was likely to happen.

As I said no reason for them to give a fuck about the minks but it will carnage that might have been stifled. Anyway I’m all for it will be great viewing.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Fridge said:

No I think everybody knows they are going to watch the game and they must have known shutdown was coming. 

They would have saved themselves getting the place getting trashed tomorrow if they said it was likely to happen.

As I said no reason for them to give a fuck about the minks but it will carnage that might have been stifled. Anyway I’m all for it will be great viewing.

Anyone watching the news would see it was coming

2 play in different countries 

following 2 different rules from different science and medical advisors, coming from 2 different governments,

2 different competitions ran by 2 different organisations the English FA and the SFA

2 different PM/First ministers with differing views on what’s important and what’s not, ie Cummings vs calderwood 

Covid restrictions in football aren’t world enforced (see Belarus) And are based on countries governments as is the Covid response within the uk, (see Northern Ireland for most recent lockdown compared to England)

it’s pretty much up to the first minister/prime minister/president of each countries to assertain the dangers of sportswoman/men within there own durisdiction 

it’s clear that England are going for a more economic approach as supposed to Scotland so has a lot to do with that

Also think that clearing one and not the other sets off a dangerous precedent as well 

With Considine on course to be 5th in the Aberdeen appearance list before end of season, I noticed that a wee cup run should have McInnes move up to 3rd on the list of games managed. (wiki says Del ha managed 340, while Dave Halliday managed to manage 371).

incidentally, Fergie was our 10th manager in 83 years. Since he left 35 years ago, we have burned through another 11.  Football management seems to have been a job for life back in the early early days.